PDA

View Full Version : Free $5 Check - Eclipse Gum Settlement Online Claim

lmhilly
07-09-2010, 08:16 AM
Claim form
https://cert.gardencitygroup.com/wgl/fs/claim

Settlement
Smith v. Wrigley Settlement Website (http://www.eclipsesettlement.com/index.php)

If submitting a claim for up to $5.00, you must complete the required information below. If submitting a claim for up to $10.00, you must complete the required information below and submit the Affirmation that you purchased the specified Product(s). All Claim Forms must be submitted by January 24, 2011.

PLEASE NOTE: Any money left over from this settlement will be donated to one or more charities. By not submitting this Claim Form you will make more money available for charitable donation.

3lilpigs
07-09-2010, 08:31 AM
Hopefully people won't use this as a ''freebie'' just to get a $5 check.

If you didn't honestly buy the gum, then don't send for the check, and let the money to go charity.

sunniekiss
07-09-2010, 09:10 AM
I buy this gum all the time but who on earth saves receipts from gum purchases that were made 2 years ago.
Nice offer but I think I will pass.

Candyred32
07-09-2010, 08:51 PM
Hmmm...what some people will do to get money. I've never tried this and I will be passing.

oreo390
07-10-2010, 01:40 AM
I didn't make a claim but did you see how many attorneys there are? There will be very little left after they are paid for anything including charity.
Thanks

galeane29
07-10-2010, 03:24 AM
From what I understand it says UP TO $5. I got a settlement claim check one time, it was a whole $0.28. Not worth the stamp that was used to mail it.

Karnevil9
07-30-2010, 08:13 AM
This is the same outfit that handled the eBay/Paypal suit a while back - I sent hard copies of all my paperwork (for money owed by sellers not refunding my money for items I'd purchased) and never received a cent, when I should have gotten over a hundred dollars. I think they're shady ...

madscientist
07-31-2010, 07:16 PM
This is crazy. I know I bought their stuff but I am damned if I really remember what I paid for it!