PDA

View Full Version : who is going to buy the new....

Explorer 4x4'r
06-13-2010, 06:54 AM
who is going to buy the new....

Iphone 4
preorder is on the 15th

I'm really thinking about getting one.
not sure if I should wait until AT&T gets a decent Droid phone; preferrably Motorola or HTC

3lilpigs
06-13-2010, 07:08 AM
Not me.

All I need my phone to do is ring when I'm getting a call......
and make the connection when I'm making a call.

I don't need all that other stuff.

SLance68
06-13-2010, 09:51 AM
No thanks I finally got rid of AT&T's awful service and over priced plans last year.

swoose
06-13-2010, 11:53 AM
My hubby and I love our Iphones. We've had them for over a year. We use them for so many things.

jasmine
06-13-2010, 12:56 PM
Not me.

All I need my phone to do is ring when I'm getting a call......
and make the connection when I'm making a call.

I don't need all that other stuff.

ditto!

cpbaby
06-13-2010, 07:40 PM
ME ME ME ME ME!!!

Ive been saving my upgrade for this! :D

baragabrat
06-13-2010, 09:00 PM
I have 2 phones...both regular landline phones and that's all that I need. I just don't understand the need to have a phone in your purse or pocket 24/7. Seriously, I don't get it.

cpbaby
06-13-2010, 09:09 PM
I have 2 phones...both regular landline phones and that's all that I need. I just don't understand the need to have a phone in your purse or pocket 24/7. Seriously, I don't get it.

I dont know about anyone else, but I have a 6 yr old that has severe, life threatening allergies, a 16 yr old with a heart condition, a 21 yr old who's girlfriend is pregnant and a job where I cant recieve phone calls on the company's line. I can get calls/texts on my personal phone, though, and be online with it. I do not have internet access in my work area, so I can use the iPhone for that, too.

I do realize that I could make do with a prepaid cell phone and be just fine, but I work alot of hours(12 hour shifts) and this is my one "splurge" in life. I pretty much dont go for "big ticket" items because I dont see the point, but I want an iPhone.

hotwheelstx
06-14-2010, 01:05 AM
NOT US. All we need is cell for when we're out and house phone. THAT'S IT FOR US.

3lilpigs
06-14-2010, 09:58 AM

While I agree with the part about not needing a phone on you 24/7, the reason I have a cell phone is because it started out cheaper for me when I moved out of state.

I got a Md. phone number (I live in Pa) and it wasn't long distance for my family to call me on the cell phone, so I got rid of the landline phone.

Now, even the landline companies are dirt cheap, but I still need the cell phone for work.

galeane29
06-14-2010, 11:02 AM
We have android phones and love them. I use to think that all I needed a phone for was for calls but i'll tell you what I don't know what I would do without my phone now. I use it for work and personal. I love being able to get my emails on my phone, it's an mp3 player, camera, video recorder..etc all in one. I have the droid eris and my husband has the droid.

stresseater
06-14-2010, 11:15 PM
I dont know about anyone else, but I have a 6 yr old that has severe, life threatening allergies, a 16 yr old with a heart condition, a 21 yr old who's girlfriend is pregnant and a job where I cant recieve phone calls on the company's line. I can get calls/texts on my personal phone, though, and be online with it. I do not have internet access in my work area, so I can use the iPhone for that, too.

I do realize that I could make do with a prepaid cell phone and be just fine, but I work alot of hours(12 hour shifts) and this is my one "splurge" in life. I pretty much dont go for "big ticket" items because I dont see the point, but I want an iPhone.

I totally agree with this and I want a droid with a passion but have at&t so I have to wait.

Breezin
06-23-2010, 06:26 PM
dh brought it home today -- I don't think it's as comfortable to hold -- but pretty cool looking and a lot faster than his old phone

cpbaby
06-23-2010, 07:07 PM
UGH! They cancelled my order. Apparently my order got in too late and was one of the numerous orders cancelled because they were technically "out"......BAH!

Oh well, I will get one before long.

Explorer 4x4'r
06-23-2010, 08:49 PM
I will be picking mine up sometime tomorrow. It was delivered to the store today, but for some reason I couldn't get it today.

Breezin
06-24-2010, 04:10 AM
I will be picking mine up sometime tomorrow. It was delivered to the store today, but for some reason I couldn't get it today.

It wasn't officially released until today -- dh's company has a big corporate account and as a courtesy they gave it to them early.

Explorer 4x4'r
06-24-2010, 07:31 AM
so, does he like the phone?
Is he a previous Iphone user?

This is my first Iphone and smartphone

Breezin
06-24-2010, 08:02 AM
so, does he like the phone?
Is he a previous Iphone user?

This is my first Iphone and smartphone

He had the original which was a lot slower than this one -- the new one is a little smaller but more squared than the old one so imho not as nice to hold, he said he'd get a case for it to help that -- he's only had it 2 days but so far likes it a lot

cpbaby
06-24-2010, 03:51 PM
Ive heard that alot of people got theirs delivered to their house on the 23rd. Its just the way Fed Ex worked it out.

Im still grumpy cause I didnt get one. lol

IselaRose
06-27-2010, 02:01 PM
I'm getting on on Tuesday. On May 30th hubby upgraded my iphone3 to the 3gs and than we realized the new ones were out. At&t said I can exchange it out at no cost.

I love my iphone. I love the convenience of having my ipod and phone all in one. I use the maps a lot and I have apps in there I can use when my son gets cranky at the store.

Not a fan of the 3gs. though, battery dies faster than I would like so the upgrade is nice.

At&T isnt that bad for us. We have 5 lines, Mine and hubbys, Brother, Dad, and sister in law, Roll over minutes are a dream for us. Don't have much to complain really.

gravittr
07-02-2010, 05:43 PM
no thanks

magickay
07-03-2010, 12:33 AM
I just learned last night that I'll be getting an iPhone - apparently our contract is up for renewal, and my husband told me that he's upgrading both of our phones (I'm currently using a Samsung flip phone). Part of me thinks, "Sweet!" and the other part says, "Oy...new system to learn..." I know I'll enjoy it, but I see a lot of time with small print as I get to know the manual...