PDA

View Full Version : Don't people have anything better to do?!

ilikefree
04-27-2010, 12:29 PM
My computer has a virus on it! :mad: Don't people have anything better to do than to sit around thinking of ways to screw with and ruin people's computers? I don't know what it is, but it slipped past my Norton. My BIL usually fixes my computer problems and I'm hoping he can fix this. Oooohh, I'm so mad! There's no reason in the world for there to be any viruses except for the stupid people who create them! I'd love to get my hands on them!

klutzie56
04-27-2010, 03:22 PM
My computer has a virus on it! :mad: Don't people have anything better to do than to sit around thinking of ways to screw with and ruin people's computers? I don't know what it is, but it slipped past my Norton. My BIL usually fixes my computer problems and I'm hoping he can fix this. Oooohh, I'm so mad! There's no reason in the world for there to be any viruses except for the stupid people who create them! I'd love to get my hands on them!

Norton missed one on my computer too. Somehow they have hacked into my email and all their spam looking like it is coming from me.I finally found out it came from Ebay. I sent them a copy on their security site with it coming to me. Made she it did'nt say I was doing the sending. Seems to be alright the last few days.

baragabrat
04-27-2010, 04:08 PM
Speaking of low mentality..........I had to close my gmail account a few weeks ago because THOUSANDS of people emailed me to say hello...........MANY THOUSANDS. I don't have that many friends. It was extremely annoying because I had to delete that account, open a new one, go to all the sites with whom I am registered and change my email address, and gather the info from my contacts list for my new email addy....not in that order, but it was very annoying and I just don't understand why folks do stuff like that.

shadowcats
04-27-2010, 05:45 PM
Speaking of low mentality..........I had to close my gmail account a few weeks ago because THOUSANDS of people emailed me to say hello...........MANY THOUSANDS. I don't have that many friends. It was extremely annoying because I had to delete that account, open a new one, go to all the sites with whom I am registered and change my email address, and gather the info from my contacts list for my new email addy....not in that order, but it was very annoying and I just don't understand why folks do stuff like that.

if you clean your computer daily and it keeps comming back go to your junk and trash can and delete ALL the emails in them ,
i got a virus from an email and it was in my trash and every time i logged back on it kicked back on , till i went and deleted all the emails in both areas and then went an did a virus scan again ,,,,,,, i use msn and i filter it through them and then into my laptops system so i had a clean machine after scanning but every time i logged into msn it rebooted the virus , lol even my husband the compter genius didn t think of it till i asked him if it could be that , well i emptyed the trash link and the junk mail link and the emails sent link , from off my compter and the msn files , and that got rid of the virus... sometimes it in forwards or email from yahoo..... and it can get sent out by accident if you forward or reply and then it s in your account so all you can do is delete emails back to the day you started getting the viruse.......
hope this helps ,
sharon

ElleGee
04-27-2010, 07:24 PM
I just got a virus today too... It attacked my Norton and would not let me use it under the guise of it being an anti virus . Did one restore point and it failed but I was able to open Norton but not do anything else.. So I quit the scan I was doing and tried an earlier restore point. That failed too but it stopped the popping up of the fake anti virus..
I am doing a full scan now and it found the fake crap and a bunch of trojans it tried to open.

I don't know if you have the same one but it's CoreGuardAntivirus2009 that effed my pc and loaded the trojans...

I did not download this.. I haven't downloaded anything or installed anything on this pc since March 27th. I am not sure where the eff it came from but I swear I would love to twist the nuts of the effer that thinks this shiz is funny

baragabrat
04-27-2010, 08:08 PM
if you clean your computer daily and it keeps comming back go to your junk and trash can and delete ALL the emails in them ,
i got a virus from an email and it was in my trash and every time i logged back on it kicked back on , till i went and deleted all the emails in both areas and then went an did a virus scan again ,,,,,,, i use msn and i filter it through them and then into my laptops system so i had a clean machine after scanning but every time i logged into msn it rebooted the virus , lol even my husband the compter genius didn t think of it till i asked him if it could be that , well i emptyed the trash link and the junk mail link and the emails sent link , from off my compter and the msn files , and that got rid of the virus... sometimes it in forwards or email from yahoo..... and it can get sent out by accident if you forward or reply and then it s in your account so all you can do is delete emails back to the day you started getting the viruse.......
hope this helps ,
sharon

Thanks, but I closed that email account. I was deleting all along and as I was doing so, I'd see more come in. It was ridiculous.

baragabrat
04-27-2010, 08:11 PM
I just got a virus today too... It attacked my Norton and would not let me use it under the guise of it being an anti virus . Did one restore point and it failed but I was able to open Norton but not do anything else.. So I quit the scan I was doing and tried an earlier restore point. That failed too but it stopped the popping up of the fake anti virus..
I am doing a full scan now and it found the fake crap and a bunch of trojans it tried to open.

I don't know if you have the same one but it's CoreGuardAntivirus2009 that effed my pc and loaded the trojans...

I did not download this.. I haven't downloaded anything or installed anything on this pc since March 27th. I am not sure where the eff it came from but I swear I would love to twist the nuts of the effer that thinks this shiz is funny

Indeed!!!!

sunniekiss
04-28-2010, 08:40 AM
Okay this is NOT aimed at ANYONE on this board. Actually it is more like some people I know in real life so PLEASE no one take offense.

People do this type of crap because they don't do anything productive in their lives and are so envious of us who actually do something with their lives that they feel the need to ruin what we worked so hard to achieve.

They sleep until 3 PM then spend 15 hours tending to pretend farms & chatting with people halfway across the world. Since they have nothing else to do with their day they figure out a way to make-up & pass along viruses to these same people the claim as friends. They don't have a job, having their car repoed & are being evicted from their home, weigh 300 pounds & doesn't have health insurance and then has the nerve to whine about it. Give me a freaking break!

PEOPLE this IS someone I know in real life & has made my life a living H$LL for the past 3 years. This person recently reported that I stole a car from them. I don't even know where this person..no SLUG lives.

gravittr
05-01-2010, 01:12 PM
it cost me alot of money to have my computer clean up from viruses and then the computer store ask me if it was about time i bought a new computer

SLance68
05-01-2010, 01:15 PM
it cost me alot of money to have my computer clean up from viruses and then the computer store ask me if it was about time i bought a new computer

It's probably time to download and install AVG.

whatever
05-03-2010, 07:53 AM
Me and a guy were just talking about this at work. About why someone would invent a virus I mean. Whats the point of some stranger doing it if they can't see the enjoyment out of "you" (general) get pissed or screwed?
So He was thinking maybe the antivirus programs ( or something similiar) pay programmars to come up with these to it keeps them in business. I don't know. But it does kinda make sense for the ones selling the software doesn't it?
No matter who it is, I don't get why they feel the need to do so.

sunniekiss
05-03-2010, 10:22 AM
Me and a guy were just talking about this at work. About why someone would invent a virus I mean. Whats the point of some stranger doing it if they can't see the enjoyment out of "you" (general) get pissed or screwed?
So He was thinking maybe the antivirus programs ( or something similiar) pay programmars to come up with these to it keeps them in business. I don't know. But it does kinda make sense for the ones selling the software doesn't it?
No matter who it is, I don't get why they feel the need to do so.

Why do people do half the things they do? I mean, why did someone feel the need to build a car bomb to go off in Times Square? Just seems like a genuine lack of empathy for anyone around them & society in general. It is so sad that you have to worry about such foolishness. If people put half the effort into doing constructuive things instead of destructive things can you imagine who productive this country can really be.

freebielover
05-04-2010, 06:00 PM
A lot of viruses install keyloggers on your system, send spam emails, or generate money forcing pop up ads and searches through their search engine on you so they do serve a purpose to the person creating them. Some are just malicious with no return to the programmer. I'll never understand the mindset of either type of person but the people who do it just to be malicious are ridiculous.

sburtis
05-04-2010, 10:17 PM
I was never impressed with norton or mcafee. Avg was ok, until the started trying to force people into upgrading. Try Avast. I love it.

msmom79
05-05-2010, 09:10 PM
i think its a money scam,if people get viris's,then they will have to buy a program to get rid of it-so people sit and make them up,send them out,so someone else can make money with the fix,its all a vicious scam to get MONEY.jmoho

ElleGee
05-06-2010, 03:18 PM
I do not get a choice on my anti-virus program. My dh works for the Army writing code and he does work from home sometimes.. So we have to follow government standards.