PDA

View Full Version : i'm not venting and whining, i'm moaning

Airbuswife
04-14-2010, 09:15 PM
ok, so why do people call their landlords (hubby and I) and apologize that they only have half the rent, yet they can afford to go out week after week for hours at a time for drinks and wings?????? :getyou

i'm sorry, but in my household, BILLS come first, THEN pleasure!!!
If i cant pay my mortgage, there's NO WAY in H'ell i will be going out to eat!!:doh

GGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gmyers
04-14-2010, 09:33 PM
I've never understood that. I like the security of knowing my house payment and utilities are paid first. Plus other bills before I even think of fun stuff. But theres a lot that are the complete opposite. Pleasure first and if theres any money left they'll pay their bills.

DAVESBABYDOLL
04-15-2010, 03:30 AM
ok, so why do people call their landlords (hubby and I) and apologize that they only have half the rent, yet they can afford to go out week after week for hours at a time for drinks and wings?????? :getyou

Ask um... lol then maybe they'll fork over the other half.

baragabrat
04-15-2010, 05:13 AM
I have an acquaintance who once told me (while she could work and pay her bills) that she would never let her hair or nails go. Now that she is in danger of losing her home, on Medicaid, food stamps, etc.......she still gets her hair and nails done!!!! Not only that, she goes out to eat every week. And, in order to get her utilities paid, she waits for a shut-off notice and then remits it to the state so they can pay for it. Maybe if she didn't do the other, she could afford to pay at least part of her utilities, which are HER responsibilities and NOT the state's!

pepperpot
04-15-2010, 05:30 AM
I have an acquaintance who once told me (while she could work and pay her bills) that she would never let her hair or nails go. Now that she is in danger of losing her home, on Medicaid, food stamps, etc.......she still gets her hair and nails done!!!! Not only that, she goes out to eat every week. And, in order to get her utilities paid, she waits for a shut-off notice and then remits it to the state so they can pay for it. Maybe if she didn't do the other, she could afford to pay at least part of her utilities, which are HER responsibilities and NOT the state's!

" state's" translates to taxes which translates to you and I. "We" pay her bills. :headshake

jasmine
04-15-2010, 06:32 AM

If i cant pay my mortgage, there's NO WAY in H'ell i will be going out to eat!!:doh

Because they know that you'll let them do it/ be late on there payment so they can enjoy some other things in the mean time.

Bad thing, you have no control over how they spend there money.. so you can't say to them, hey, you go out spending $$ eating and drinking etc...

Maybe you can somehow express to them "bills before pleasure"!!!

If you didn't allow them to be late, I imagine they would never have any pleasure.???!

pepperpot
04-15-2010, 06:36 AM
In our rental agreement, we put in that if the tenant should pay late (which is undesirable), there is a charge to them as our mortgage will charge us for late payments. And, if they are xxxx days late, they will vacate immediately and lose security depost.

whatever
04-15-2010, 07:41 AM
because peoples priorities are messed up today. NO excuse. Just seems to be the way it goes. IMO

Airbuswife
04-15-2010, 08:04 AM
In our rental agreement, we put in that if the tenant should pay late (which is undesirable), there is a charge to them as our mortgage will charge us for late payments. And, if they are xxxx days late, they will vacate immediately and lose security depost.

we have that also in ALL of our rental agreements, but people just dont care. my husband is way too lenient and lets people get away with more than they should. i guess i need to step up and be the "bad cop" lol! she still owes us $25 for being late last month!!!!
these particular people have already given their 30 day notice and will be out by the end of the month, but have only paid half of this months rent! oy.

pepperpot
04-15-2010, 08:11 AM
If that's how these people are, you'll be lucky if they just leave. :agree

ETA: Do you have at least 1 month security on them?

Jenefer3
04-15-2010, 11:08 AM
I would much rather have my bills paid instead of worrying about if they'd get shut off or I'd get evicted. Where I lived at before, I was late once, but I called the landlord and explained that I was in Seattle at the Children's Hospital with my son (he had complications from surgery and had to stay in the transplant ICU longer than they had thought he would) and I had no way to pay it (cash only, which I could withdraw from the bank, but no way to get it to them), but would as soon as we got home, including the late fees that I knew I'd have to pay. My feelings are that if I'm going to be late for something, then it's my responsibility to let them know and pay the late fees. Of course, I've never put something unnecessary, like nails, hair, wings, etc., before my bills.

Hopefully they pay up and get out of there without too much more hassle.

SLance68
04-15-2010, 12:11 PM
If that's how these people are, you'll be lucky if they just leave. :agree

ETA: Do you have at least 1 month security on them?

Unfortunately in most states you can't use the security deposit to cover owed rent. You have to send them their deposit back less any damages they caused and then take them to court to get your rent. Yes I know it is wrong but unfortunately that is the way the laws are written. If you don't send that deposit back the Judge will usually tear you a new butt and make you refund it to them plus court cost even if they owe back rent.

Urban Cowgirl
04-16-2010, 09:54 AM
ok, so why do people call their landlords (hubby and I) and apologize that they only have half the rent, yet they can afford to go out week after week for hours at a time for drinks and wr painings?????? :getyou

I feel your pain. I don't have tenants, but I loaned my Aunt money to pay for my Uncle's funeral and it is taking forever for her to pay me back. But there is plenty of fun money!!

sunniekiss
04-16-2010, 10:12 AM
This whole "entitlement" attitude is seriously beginning to bnkrupt this country both financially & morally.

I pay my bills first & then if there is anything leftover at the end of the month I am usually putting it towards the following month's bills.

My sons OTOH think that it is only fair for them to buy the wants first & then worry about what needs to be paid. My young son will be very surprised if he doesn't have car insurance by June 21st. No car insurance means I WILL sell his car.

Eyore
04-16-2010, 10:51 AM
We have always paid our bills. I know at one time after all bills were paid we had next to nothing for anything else. Thankfully those times have changed but bills always come first.

Sunniekiss, does your son have job? I know my son always did the, if I don't have a car then I can't find a job or get back and forth to work.
We have always lived where there is no public transportation.
I would tell him then I guess I would be running him around for that stuff. Thankfully everything would end up working out and he hasn't lived at home for about 6-7 years now. He is in FL.
Just be prepared for the I can't find a job or get to work if I don't have a car routine, unless you have public transportation close by to where you live.

MERE CHAT
04-19-2010, 10:25 AM
Do you rely mainly on this tenant for a major source of income? Many landlords have multiple properties that they receive rent from. And how do you know that they are going for for drinks and wings???

Anniston
04-21-2010, 11:55 AM
Some people are messed up. I knew a young mother who bought a very expensive skirt in a tanning salon the day she was served electric cut off notice.