PDA

View Full Version : i am soooooo pissed off at the garbage company

shadowcats
03-24-2010, 08:58 AM
it sucks , i have to pay a private company to haul my garbage and this morning they backed into my driveway and busted a big 4by4 that divides my driveway with the neighbors ,,,,,, i heard them too but thought it was just the cruncher crunching garbage , or i would have gone down and taken care of it. and did they leave a note , no just picked up the pole and moved it to the side,,,,,,,,,,,, and i know it wasnt the neigbhors who did it cause it would have totaled their cars hitting that pole its was embedded in the ground and broke off about 2 foot above the ground , man you d be taking some one to the hospital if a car hit it,,,,,,,,,, i just called them and the owners wife answered , i told her what happened and she supposed to have her husband call me this evening ,,,,,,,,, i live in a culdesac and theres no way just anybody would be able to break that big 4by4 pole its really heavy enough to swing a gate on which it was intended for when it was put in,
grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

i hate having to deal with this now,,,,,,,,,,, im already depressed as it is , the annaversary of my sons death was 3,16 , last week , and now i have to deal with this crap,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:bangdesk:nono:nono:thumpdown::d amnmate::slapping:gaah:gaah

pepperpot
03-24-2010, 09:02 AM
:hug I hope it goes as well as it can.....

dinosmom
03-24-2010, 10:51 AM
:hug

I hope it gets resolved.

Last yr the garbage truck backed into my garage and tore a corner off the roof. It was quite obvious they did it but they didnt stop. I live in the city so I just called my Alderwoman and she took care of it. It took awhile but the city cut me a check to cover the damages plus.

Anniston
03-24-2010, 04:06 PM
That does stink. I hope it gets resolved. Hang in there.

Mary Jo
03-24-2010, 04:45 PM
Sh*t just all comes at once.
I hope things get better for you soon.

shadowcats
03-24-2010, 06:31 PM
and the officer was really nice and told me he had had a problem with the garbage company also , so if i had any problem with them to give him a call and they ll look into it too,,,,,,,,, said that the owner was usually a nice man and didnt think he ll give me any problem,,,,,,,,,,, so i guess i ll see ,,,,,,,,,
thanks for the support im sooooooooo stressed ,,,,,,,, its hard to deal with anything this week before easter , i still remember comming home on easter with my sons ashes,,,,,,,,, sigh ,,,,,,,,,, i miss my boy..........

swoose
03-24-2010, 07:58 PM
Years ago when we lived out in the country, we heard a horrible crash one day. A trash truck was going down the county road a wee bit too fast, went off the road and rolled over on it's side in our driveway. It was stuck there for over an hour. The driver was okay because those trucks are pretty sturdy. It was quite a sight to see. Wish we had film in the camera that day. Major photo op.

MOM2B2003
04-07-2010, 11:17 AM
Wowser!! And here I was miffed that our garbage man actually took our trash cans last week!

Funny thing is: I had been telling & telling DH that he needed to follow up and bring the empty garage cans back up to the house after the garbage man came each week. I told him that one of these days, the garbage people were going to think that it is our intention to dispose of the cans, too. He thought I was full of it.......until it actually happened!!!

ElleGee
04-08-2010, 08:42 AM
Ugh don't get me started on garbage pick up lol

I am pissed at our city because they have not been taking our yard waste.. We have 2 cans clearly marked "Yard waste" They HAVE to take it...

Nope 3 effing weeks and the cans are still on the curb.. They didn't take one of our neighbors cans either. I have a feeling I'll be talking to him this week

Add this to the mounting bs I have had to deal with this week and I am ready to go on a 7 state murder spree...

DAVESBABYDOLL
04-08-2010, 02:21 PM
I have to agree...garbage guys suck (most of them). They are lazy as all get out, well mine are. They pick the cans up and dump the contents in back of the trash truck..ok fine, so why in the ****k can't you empty the entire can? And if you drop some trash...you and your butt crack need to bend down and pick it the F up, NOT leave it there.

Petty I know, but damn, I pay for them to do it, not to follow behind them and pick trash up just to put back in the trash can. OHhhh, and either put the lids back on the can or put it in it..DON'T throw it on the ground for the wind to blow it down the street before I get off work...you jackass.

K that's my rant about this lol

teenap
04-09-2010, 06:05 AM
I am jealous that you all have trash service, I have to either bring it to the dump or take it to work and throw it in the dumpster!

cabby92
04-09-2010, 06:56 AM
I am jealous that you all have trash service, I have to either bring it to the dump or take it to work and throw it in the dumpster!

I'm jealous you have a dump. :( I save it up and take it to work. I can't dump it until after 3:30. Yay, summer's coming, what a joy - hot weather.

pepperpot
04-09-2010, 07:11 AM
I'm jealous you have a dump. :( I save it up and take it to work. I can't dump it until after 3:30. Yay, summer's coming, what a joy - hot weather.

BooBoo said he'd help you with the trash....;)

teenap
04-09-2010, 07:32 AM
yeah, my car smells pretty ripe in the summer also!
we have to recycle everything at our dump, so sometimes it is worth it to just bring it to the dumpsters

cabby92
04-09-2010, 10:56 AM
BooBoo said he'd help you with the trash....;)

Yep, that Booboo's a real help. He recycles. Last year he recycled three bags over about two acres. It was great.

No Booboo yet this year but I haven't given up hope.

I can pretty much handle the trunk smell, but if I forget and take the Trailblazer, oh my goodness is it awful driving home.

SLance68
04-09-2010, 12:13 PM
I must say I am extremely thankful that the City of Orlando has these wonderful tall trash cans on wheels that they provide to all the residences. They are designed so that 1 driver can empty all the cans without getting out of the truck. We do have recycle bins that another truck comes to pick up once a week that uses 2 men. No trash in the street or on the yard and no one steals your trash can since it looks like all the others.

Never thought I would be thankful for our trash service but after hearing some of y'alls stories I am glad I live here.

ElleGee
04-09-2010, 04:41 PM
I must say I am extremely thankful that the City of Orlando has these wonderful tall trash cans on wheels that they provide to all the residences. They are designed so that 1 driver can empty all the cans without getting out of the truck. We do have recycle bins that another truck comes to pick up once a week that uses 2 men. No trash in the street or on the yard and no one steals your trash can since it looks like all the others.

Never thought I would be thankful for our trash service but after hearing some of y'alls stories I am glad I live here.

We have those big cans too. Our city has gone so far as to add a bar code that is specific to each address.. Our can got taken one morning and I saw the garbage man walk it back down the street..

I even made it easy for them too buy buying the large roll a ways for the yard waste.. I am glad it's not only me that isn't getting the yard waste picked up.. I see a few paper yard bags on the curb down the street

pepperpot
04-09-2010, 05:16 PM
Yep, that Booboo's a real help. He recycles. Last year he recycled three bags over about two acres. It was great.

He was composting.....

jasmine
04-11-2010, 07:30 AM
ha ha

we burn trash out here, we do have recycle for papers only in our town, so I have a box that all papers go into and I take it in about once a month. The nearest other recylce place that does everything, plastic, cans (even veggie cans etc...) is a 40 minute drive away, so needless to say (I know, it's bad) those do not get recycled that much at all, and since cans don't burn, I sack them all up and take them into a dumpster in town (I have permission from my ex MIL, her business). ALSO, diapers DO NOT burn, so I, ummm, save all them up also and bag them and take them into the dumpster, and that is STINKY LOL, thank goodness I just throw it into the back of the truck LOL.

I need to suggest to our town that they set up plastic and can recylcle also. I think the reason why they stopped that is people would just throw in ALL of there household trash into them, so they ruined it for all of us.

whatever
04-12-2010, 07:13 AM
Wow, sorry about all your horror stories. Here I'm just mad that ours keeps driving clear on the edge of our driveway (rock) and when its wet he tears up the sides really bad.