PDA

View Full Version : How stupid can a hubby get .......

shadowcats
03-02-2010, 06:11 PM
well my hubby just invented a new olympic game . garbage can luge.........
he almost killed himself........ we live on a very steep hillside , and we ve been haveing snow........ i got us both those plastic thingys that go on your shoes so you dont slip on ice and snow, well he said its not that bad,,, and decided not to wear them . guess what , picture this hes walking down the driveway , which is almost vertical with a huge can on wheels. and all of a sudden hes slidding and the can is picking up speed . he cant get traction and the weight of the can was pulling him sideways down the driveway on the right side is a drop which goes into a little waterway and really wild bush area and the left if our driveway and our neighbors which makes it a double driveway and there he is picking up speed and heading for the drop...... lol he let go halfway down and ended up slidding on his butt the rest of the way down,,,,,,, and the garbage can slid left and tumbled on to the bottom ....... scared the bejesus out of him ,,,,, lol i think id better get life insurance on his butt....... hes just trying to kill himself ,,,,,,,,,,, and all he can think is ,,,,,,i hope no one sees me ,,,,,,,,,,,, ARE ALL MEN THIS CRAZY. lol
thank god all that got hurt was his pride.......... hes done other crazy things like this . hes from england and is such a clutz.......... :rolling:gaah:busted:yikes:yikes:embarassed:

pepperpot
03-02-2010, 07:07 PM
This is why I carry a camera in my purse....;)

gmyers
03-02-2010, 09:17 PM
Why is the first thing you think of when you fall is I hope no one saw me.lol Thats the way I am too. I'm glad he wasn't hurt except for his pride. Sometimes I wonder if those people on America's funniest videos carry cameras around trying to catch something funny for the show.

msmom79
03-02-2010, 09:40 PM
Why is the first thing you think of when you fall is I hope no one saw me.lol Thats the way I am too. I'm glad he wasn't hurt except for his pride. Sometimes I wonder if those people on America's funniest videos carry cameras around trying to catch something funny for the show.

first thing i do too,is look around to see if anyone seen me,i think thats everyones first thought
sure glad hubby didnt get hurt

baragabrat
03-02-2010, 09:49 PM
Actually, my first thought is 'did anyone see me' but I act as if I don't care and that falling on my rear, tripping over myself, etc is what I do on a daily basis, so it's no big deal. I never look to my left or right, just pick myself up and keep on walkin'. I sometimes just have to laugh at my own clumsiness....but privately.

You know that phrase, "don't ever let them see you sweat"...my take is 'don't ever let them see you embarrassed.'

shadowcats
03-03-2010, 12:48 AM
and i didnt know how civilized the UK is .lol i took him to a plantation museum and they had some really pretty gardens ,and walkways around pools , i sat on a bench and let him walk , it was in the 100s and i was too hot to walk
well he strooled down by the pond and bent down to take a picture of a plant in the water , idiot stood in a pile of red ants , the really big vicious ones....and didnt realiaze they were climbing his legs till they started biting him......... and boy did they bit him,,,,,,, looked like he had infintigo when he went back to his home in the uk ,,,,,,,,, when he first got here he used to try and pick up wild spiders ,,,,,,,,,,,,iiiiiikkkkkkkkkkkkkeeeeeee ssssss
he learned quick not to do that any more ,,,,,seems in enlgand they dont have any vicious or poisionous critters there and hes crazy about the wild animals here ,,,,,,,,,,, he even wants to see a skunk, in person,,,,,,,,,,,,,talk about crazy ,,,,,,,,,,,, hope his guardian angel is getting paid overtime.......

gmyers
03-03-2010, 02:45 AM
He sounds like a lot of fun though. I think he souinds like a keeper. I can just imagine the look on his face when he meets up with the skunk.lol

krisharry
03-03-2010, 05:51 AM
Glad he is ok. At least he didn't do it on purpose. My DH would think up something like that to try it out, thinks it would be fun. LOL

buglebe
03-03-2010, 12:36 PM
I just read the opening line How Stupid can a Husband Be and laughed. All of the ones I know can be pretty stupid. I've glad your husband wasn't hurt. They do make life interesting , don't they?

Kelsey1224
03-03-2010, 12:52 PM
I read the title of this and thought, "Is this a rhetorical question?"

Glad your hubby is okay and that the only thing really bruised is his ego.

whatever
03-03-2010, 02:27 PM
cause men don't think they need any safety things. they are men. lol
Heck add my man to the list. He is always welding and getting crap in his eyes and yet I have bought him MANY safety goggles and he rarely if at wears them.

fleabones3
03-04-2010, 11:02 AM
My husband has been known to play redneck golf. There is 2 ways to do this. First one is lift the water meter lid up from your yard and hit a golf ball in.
2nd way is..if there is no golf ball... hit dog turds out in the road. Hubby has done both at people's houses. He thinks he is a genius

azwup05
03-04-2010, 04:37 PM
My husband has been known to play redneck golf. There is 2 ways to do this. First one is lift the water meter lid up from your yard and hit a golf ball in.
2nd way is..if there is no golf ball... hit dog turds out in the road. Hubby has done both at people's houses. He thinks he is a genius

OMG! I thought that was something only my father had done! Only he aimed for the open car window of our neighbors after they would let thier dog out to crap in everyones yard but thiers. He started that when my little brother slid in it. Gosh I miss my dad!