PDA

View Full Version : Stimulus Checks 2010 ??

PICKLES
02-22-2010, 10:43 AM
Does any one know if the government is going to be sending out stimulus checks for 2010?

ilikefree
02-22-2010, 12:00 PM
I haven't heard anything about it, but I highly doubt it. It would be nice, though, wouldn't it?!

tarbabie
02-22-2010, 12:15 PM
We just filed our taxes and got an extra 800 that we weren't expecting...

Breezin
02-22-2010, 12:47 PM
this is what I found not sure if it's 100% accurate

http://www.itaxrebate.com/stimulus/2010-stimulus-check

Explorer 4x4'r
02-22-2010, 02:43 PM
Does any one know if the government is going to be sending out stimulus checks for 2010?

not aware of any. just lower federal tax taken out of paychecks during the year.

We just filed our taxes and got an extra 800 that we weren't expecting...

that would be the:
Making Work Pay and Government Retiree Credit

Did (your name) receive an economic recovery payment in 2009?

Be sure to report this where asked:
You (or your spouse, if filing jointly) received a $250 economic recovery payment during 2009. You may have received an economic recovery payment if you received social security benefits, supplemental security income (SSI) benefits, railroad retirement benefits, or veterans disability compensation or pension benefits

This WILL reduce your credit by this amount

whatever
02-22-2010, 05:35 PM
this is what I found not sure if it's 100% accurate

http://www.itaxrebate.com/stimulus/2010-stimulus-check

Thanks, It was my understanding that NEXT year were (95,000 or less) supposed to get like half or something like that on our tax returns. So like this year we got $800 so I think next year $400?

whatever
02-23-2010, 05:10 PM
Okay My dh just got a statement from his boss today that his check will go up like $90 bucks till august because of a stimulus thing.

gmyers
02-23-2010, 05:21 PM
I don't know if its true but I heard people on disability and social security checks would get $250 because they didn't get a cost of living raise this year. Has anybody else heard about this?

nelda
02-23-2010, 05:38 PM
I don't know if its true but I heard people on disability and social security checks would get $250 because they didn't get a cost of living raise this year. Has anybody else heard about this?

Yes, have heard that, too. Last I heard/read it will be paid by the end of March. I do not know if that is correct info.

Licchl05
02-23-2010, 07:27 PM
This whole economic bail out/stimulus thing makes me so mad when i think about it...bail out the banks with taxpayer money time and time again, the CEO's take big bonuses while us, the average joe, foots the bill. I want to be a banker damn it!

IMO the govt needs to stop bailing out banks, stop this stupid 'you'll get so much extra per pay' and do right by the taxpayers.

gmyers
02-23-2010, 07:35 PM
I would have rather had a cost of living raise than $250. We could have really used the extra money right now.

Licchl05
02-23-2010, 07:54 PM
I would have rather had a cost of living raise than $250. We could have really used the extra money right now.

I'm not on SS but if I were in your shoes I'd see the $250 as a slap in the face.

Urban Cowgirl
02-24-2010, 12:24 PM
I'm not on SS but if I were in your shoes I'd see the $250 as a slap in the face.

would depend on who you are I guess. My Dh is only 20% disabled so when they give a raise its only a few bucks a month for us...so $250 looks pretty darn good to us!

baragabrat
02-24-2010, 01:35 PM
would depend on who you are I guess. My Dh is only 20% disabled so when they give a raise its only a few bucks a month for us...so $250 looks pretty darn good to us!

I'm on disability and my husband is retired and I would like either the $250 or cost of living raise. Preferably the cost of living raise because that would meet our needs better. When you're on SS you take what you can get, with gratitude. I really don't foresee us getting anything this year (actually we get less money per month because the cost of Medicare has gone up.) Definitely no cost of living raise for 2010 and no stimulus. But such is life.

gmyers
02-24-2010, 02:21 PM
My husbands finally getting on medicare I didn't think they would hold out as much as they are going too. I think $110.50 is a lot considering what he gets. And then we have to pay more for part d coverage too. Its higher than I thought it would be.

Urban Cowgirl
02-24-2010, 02:40 PM
I'm on disability and my husband is retired and I would like either the $250 or cost of living raise. Preferably the cost of living raise because that would meet our needs better. When you're on SS you take what you can get, with gratitude. I really don't foresee us getting anything this year (actually we get less money per month because the cost of Medicare has gone up.) Definitely no cost of living raise for 2010 and no stimulus. But such is life.

Yeah I'd take either too! LOL But I won't hold my breath!

baragabrat
02-24-2010, 05:54 PM
My husbands finally getting on medicare I didn't think they would hold out as much as they are going too. I think $110.50 is a lot considering what he gets. And then we have to pay more for part d coverage too. Its higher than I thought it would be.

I pay $118 for Medicare (Part A) and $33 for Part D. And then for a (Part B) supplement I pay $111. Other than those amounts and my Part D deductible and co-pays, I have paid nothing...nothing for Dr. visits, tests, etc. It could be a whole lot worse!

Explorer 4x4'r
02-24-2010, 07:28 PM

No kidding, since they right back from you anyway

Please don't forget this though guys:

Making Work Pay and Government Retiree Credit

Did (your name) receive an economic recovery payment in 2009?

Be sure to report this where asked:
You (or your spouse, if filing jointly) received a $250 economic recovery payment during 2009. You may have received an economic recovery payment if you received social security benefits, supplemental security income (SSI) benefits, railroad retirement benefits, or veterans disability compensation or pension benefits

This WILL reduce your credit by this amount,
Our credit was $550 instead of $800

justme23
02-25-2010, 02:01 AM
I pay $118 for Medicare (Part A) and $33 for Part D. And then for a (Part B) supplement I pay $111. Other than those amounts and my Part D deductible and co-pays, I have paid nothing...nothing for Dr. visits, tests, etc. It could be a whole lot worse!

Wow, lucky you! My grandparents pay out the wazoo for their medical and they have all the same stuff you have listed. I really hate it for them.

baragabrat
02-25-2010, 08:32 AM
Wow, lucky you! My grandparents pay out the wazoo for their medical and they have all the same stuff you have listed. I really hate it for them.

That's a shame but it depends on the company you use. Humana, for instance, is much more expensive in the long run for us than is BC/BS.

Urban Cowgirl
02-25-2010, 10:02 AM
This WILL reduce your credit by this amount,
Our credit was $550 instead of $800 [/QUOTE]

Ours too!

jcw
02-25-2010, 10:56 PM
ours too

dv8grl
03-04-2010, 06:15 AM
Senate rejects $250 checks for elderly
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20100304/pl_nm/us_usa_congress_elderly;_ylt=Aum_J.lgiW26tHECMmIzj SOs0NUE;_ylu=X3oDMTNya2Vza2U1BGFzc2V0A25tLzIwMTAwM zA0L3VzX3VzYV9jb25ncmVzc19lbGRlcmx5BGNjb2RlA21vc3R wb3B1bGFyBGNwb3MDNQRwb3MDMgRwdANob21lX2Nva2UEc2VjA 3luX2hlYWRsaW5lX2xpc3QEc2xrA3NlbmF0ZXJlamVjdA
WASHINGTON (Reuters) – A measure to give some 57 million elderly people, veterans and persons with disabilities a $250 check was rejected by the Senate on Wednesday, a setback for the powerful seniors' lobby.

President Barack Obama has called for Congress to approve the payments to make up for their benefits not increasing this year, but the Senate defeated it 50 to 47.

The payments would have added $13 billion to a $108 billion job-creation package pending in the Senate.

Congress approved payments last year as part of the $862 billion stimulus package.

Social Security payments for the elderly and disabled will stay flat this year for the first time since 1975 because they are tied to consumer prices, which decreased amid the worst economic recession in 70 years.

That follows a year in which payments rose by 5.8 percent, largely due to a spike in gasoline prices.

"It is wrong to turn our backs on seniors in this moment of economic difficulty," said Independent Senator Bernie Sanders, who sponsored the amendment.

But Republican Senator Judd Gregg pointed out that the bill would defeat the purpose of indexing Social Security payments to inflation.

"The law says it shouldn't be given," Gregg said.

At least 10 Democrats agreed with Gregg and joined 40 Republicans to defeat the proposal.

Licchl05
03-04-2010, 06:51 AM
Senate rejects $250 checks for elderly
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20100304/pl_nm/us_usa_congress_elderly;_ylt=Aum_J.lgiW26tHECMmIzj SOs0NUE;_ylu=X3oDMTNya2Vza2U1BGFzc2V0A25tLzIwMTAwM zA0L3VzX3VzYV9jb25ncmVzc19lbGRlcmx5BGNjb2RlA21vc3R wb3B1bGFyBGNwb3MDNQRwb3MDMgRwdANob21lX2Nva2UEc2VjA 3luX2hlYWRsaW5lX2xpc3QEc2xrA3NlbmF0ZXJlamVjdA
WASHINGTON (Reuters) – A measure to give some 57 million elderly people, veterans and persons with disabilities a $250 check was rejected by the Senate on Wednesday, a setback for the powerful seniors' lobby.

President Barack Obama has called for Congress to approve the payments to make up for their benefits not increasing this year, but the Senate defeated it 50 to 47.

The payments would have added $13 billion to a $108 billion job-creation package pending in the Senate.

Congress approved payments last year as part of the $862 billion stimulus package.

Social Security payments for the elderly and disabled will stay flat this year for the first time since 1975 because they are tied to consumer prices, which decreased amid the worst economic recession in 70 years.

That follows a year in which payments rose by 5.8 percent, largely due to a spike in gasoline prices.

"It is wrong to turn our backs on seniors in this moment of economic difficulty," said Independent Senator Bernie Sanders, who sponsored the amendment.

But Republican Senator Judd Gregg pointed out that the bill would defeat the purpose of indexing Social Security payments to inflation.

"The law says it shouldn't be given," Gregg said.

At least 10 Democrats agreed with Gregg and joined 40 Republicans to defeat the proposal.

This really makes me mad! While we can afford to send aide to countries abroad, we can't afford to give our seniors $250?? I wish these polititians had to live a week in the life of some of them, then they'd see how hard it really is!

Explorer 4x4'r
03-04-2010, 06:55 AM

that's crap!

I'll bet all the politians are getting a COLA this year though

baragabrat
03-04-2010, 06:55 AM
This really makes me mad! While we can afford to send aide to countries abroad, we can't afford to give our seniors $250?? I wish these polititians had to live a week in the life of some of them, then they'd see how hard it really is!

That's the tendency of this country...give to all other countries and let our poor elderly and children starve and/or die. I know it's all political but I have never understood it. We're on social security and although we would like to get the $250 each, we'll make it as is. The country is in debt enough as it is. (I wonder when the Chinese classes will start?)