PDA

View Full Version : GIANT rat from heck made me scream a girly scream

iluvmybaby
02-02-2010, 06:11 PM
I swear to gosh I about had a heart attack, when I was out walking my dog a giant rat around 7"-8" ran out of the tall grass a foot in front of my dog and I and then ran for the side of my house and then back in forth in front of my screen door. I cant believe it, I have NEVER EVER seen a rat that big! I just kept thinking, RABIES...DISEASE. I am calling an exterminator tomorrow to see if they can do anything.

shadowcats
02-02-2010, 06:38 PM
I swear to gosh I about had a heart attack, when I was out walking my dog a giant rat around 7"-8" ran out of the tall grass a foot in front of my dog and I and then ran for the side of my house and then back in forth in front of my screen door. I cant believe it, I have NEVER EVER seen a rat that big! I just kept thinking, RABIES...DISEASE. I am calling an exterminator tomorrow to see if they can do anything.

and them things are HUGE.......... i had one climb into my car while i was in bingo in lousiana , i was driving home at three in the morning and i saw these glowing eyes watching me from my passanger floor board ,,,,,,,, WTF ,,, I SLAMMED ON THE BRAKES , SHIFTED TO PARK AND JUMPED OUT THE DOOR, LOL , it jumped on the dashboard and out the window,,,,,,,,, lol i looked like a crazy person beating on my car with a stick to make sure there werent any more in my car.......... lol learned my lesson close your car windows every time you leave your car ,,,,,,,, no matter where you park it ........... eeeeeeeeeeuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu ,,,,,,,,,,, it left claw marks on my dash board where it dug in when i hit the brakes .......... lol still get the heebee jeebies thinking of that critter............. if it is a nutria the pest control could probley trap it ..... they love fried chicken llllllllllllll thats what he went after in my car , i had a box of chicken just before bingo,,,,, and the trash bag was still in my car ,,guess the smell made him hungry ............yuuuuk,,,,,,,,,, :gaah:gaah:gaah:eek::eek::eek::eek::backaway:backa way:wow

iluvmybaby
02-02-2010, 07:53 PM
it left claw marks on my dash board where it dug in when i hit the brakes .......... lol still get the heebee jeebies thinking of that critter.............

OMG shadowcats that would have made me wet my pants to see red eyes staring back at me, that is wickid that it climbed UP your car through your windows. I have walked the entire interior of my house and there is no access points in that I saw, to be safe a rolled up blanket under the door JUST in case. I am glad you were OK and you didnt get scratched or it

teenap
02-02-2010, 08:56 PM
gah, got the heebies just thinking about it, I would have just passed out I think!

shadowcats
02-02-2010, 09:54 PM
gah, got the heebies just thinking about it, I would have just passed out I think!

in the old days the cajuns used to hunt and eat them , EEEEEEEEEEEEUUUUU NOT ME ,,,, id rather starve ,,,,,,,,,, and they can get to the size of a small dog ,,,,,,,,, and they ll eat anything,,,,,,,,,,,,,, grosssssssssss,,,,,,,,,,,
lol i was shaking so hard , and all i could think was if the police pass me right now theyd lock me up as a crazy woman ....... but i did have the proof , lol the scratches in my dash board were humogous ,,,,,,,,,,, it was funny later ,,,,,,,hell he could have drove my car and i would have gave it to him,,,,,,,, lol i wasnt going to fight him for it,,,,,,,,,,, sheshhhhhhhhhh it was all i could do to get back in the car after beating it with a stick lol, nearly broke my window trying to reach in and hit the seats with that stick , i was standing at 3 in the morning in the middle of slidelle highway beating my car and screaming at it . lol anyone would have locked me up ,,,, thinking i was nuts........ usually they like old septic tanks and large culverts to live in . so stay away from any in your area till your sure its either killed or trapped and rmoved ,,,,,,they can bite ......... eeeeeeeeeeeeuuuuuuuuus still cant think of it with out the shivers...........

freeplease
02-03-2010, 06:58 AM
When we were stationed in Northern Maine, we lived in base housing. One night, I heard what sounded like paper rattling inside the steam heater in the dining room. Our home was on the end of the 5 plex, next to the boiler room. I assumed it was a bird or something trapped in the wall, so I sort of pulled the heater away from the wall, and saw the biggest TAIL I've ever seen. I called maintenence, in a real panic. I knew that was no bird.
Well, they sent a guy out to check it, and when he RAN out of the door, he said it was full of rat droppings.

They spent the next week setting traps and removing rats. I lost count of how many they got out of there. I didn't sleep until they were done, either. I could hear them scratching in the cages all the time.

It was like a horror movie on a loop.

iluvmybaby
02-03-2010, 07:26 AM
[quote=freeplease;96244129
it was like a horror movie on a loop.[/quote]

omg! Gag

baragabrat
02-03-2010, 07:30 AM
and them things are HUGE.......... i had one climb into my car while i was in bingo in lousiana , i was driving home at three in the morning and i saw these glowing eyes watching me from my passanger floor board ,,,,,,,, WTF ,,, I SLAMMED ON THE BRAKES , SHIFTED TO PARK AND JUMPED OUT THE DOOR, LOL , it jumped on the dashboard and out the window,,,,,,,,, lol i looked like a crazy person beating on my car with a stick to make sure there werent any more in my car.......... lol learned my lesson close your car windows every time you leave your car ,,,,,,,, no matter where you park it ........... eeeeeeeeeeuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu ,,,,,,,,,,, it left claw marks on my dash board where it dug in when i hit the brakes .......... lol still get the heebee jeebies thinking of that critter............. if it is a nutria the pest control could probley trap it ..... they love fried chicken llllllllllllll thats what he went after in my car , i had a box of chicken just before bingo,,,,, and the trash bag was still in my car ,,guess the smell made him hungry ............yuuuuk,,,,,,,,,, :gaah:gaah:gaah:eek::eek::eek::eek::backaway:backa way:wow

I would have gone off the deep end too, shadowcats, if I had a rat (of any size) in my car like that but the vision of you standing there beating on your car to drive out any buddies he may have had gave me my chuckle of the day. LOL!

cabby92
02-03-2010, 11:15 AM
We don'thave a local dump but we can take things to the transfer station outside of town. That's where the trash trucks empty out and the stuff is then compacted and picked up by big trucks and sent away.

I had no idea how nasty they were until I took a pickup load from our house last summer. OMG the stenchof rotting things was awful. Then I looked over at two cats side by side eating up against the far wall. When I looked again I realized the big one was a rat. I had gone all my life without ever seeing a rat in the wild and then I see one that's so big it has its own pet cat. I had nightmares.

shadowcats
02-03-2010, 02:57 PM
I would have gone off the deep end too, shadowcats, if I had a rat (of any size) in my car like that but the vision of you standing there beating on your car to drive out any buddies he may have had gave me my chuckle of the day. LOL!

grin , i warned him the next day to chek the car throughly before he drove it to work,,,,,,,,,,, he thought i was kidding him till he saw the claw marks embedded in the dash board , lol that sucker was huge ,,,,,,,,,,, i dont know how i drove so far with it in my car before seeing those beady red eyes .......... lol it is funny now but at the time i wasnt laughing ...........and i never want to get that close to one again ....... eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeuuuuuuuuu.......i dont think they make a rat trap big enough to kill those suckers........ and the nurtrias do look like rats from hell ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :gaah:gaah:vroam::backaway

stresseater
02-03-2010, 03:07 PM
Growing up my dad worked as a plant supervisor for Dr. Pepper/ Coke. He would come home from work talking about his bunny rabbits all the time. Come to find out he was talking about the large rats that use to get ahold of the concentrated syrup. LOL he said they were as big as your forearm.

shadowcats
02-03-2010, 03:51 PM
Growing up my dad worked as a plant supervisor for Dr. Pepper/ Coke. He would come home from work talking about his bunny rabbits all the time. Come to find out he was talking about the large rats that use to get ahold of the concentrated syrup. LOL he said they were as big as your forearm.

i dont think i ll drink my doctor peppers now with out thinking ,,,,,,,,,,,RATS.............LOL

fleabones3
02-03-2010, 11:33 PM
This is where having cats come in handy. Due to the cold weather, and field not too far from me, occasionally we get them DH said he saw either a huge mouse or a rat in our kitchen one night. Said it was as big as his fist, and DH has small wrists, but HUGE fists lol. I haven't seen it, so either he left, or one of my cats got it . The other night my 18 yr old told me he saw one of my cats with a dead mouse.. but it wasn't a big one..

Years ago my dad was driving, looks down and thinks he sees a skunk on the passenger seat. It wasn't.. it was a rat LOL.. scared the crap out of him. Fortunately, it was a domesticated rat that either someone had put in his car either as a trick, or just saw the window was open. Dad ended up giving it to a friend's daughter, and the rat lived a good life. rats and mice don't scare me.. now if it was a snake....I will climb you like a spider monkey to get away from it .. *shudders*

mannerswife
03-07-2010, 11:16 AM
I don't know why I read this post after reading the title but stupid me did anyway.I don't know how you all survived these incidents.I agree with Teenap when she said she would have passed out.I would have either done that or had a heart attack for real.I am so petrified of any kind of rodent or reptile but red beady eyes staring at me would have done me in for sure.Glad everyone is okay and thanks for giving me the heebie jeebies for the day.lol