PDA

View Full Version : Does it seem like less people are here lately?

sunflowers
01-29-2010, 06:13 AM
Just seems like fewer people are posting or responding to posts. The counts seem low and I have noticed people I use to see her a lot are not her as much.

I know I dont come as much as I use to, seems like since the FB phase everyone is there.

just curious...

pepperpot
01-29-2010, 06:17 AM
I agree...a lot less traffic....I think it's FB and the lack of freebies and deals as well. :agree

magenta
01-29-2010, 09:45 AM
That is where I always am, Facebook... Farmimg or doing my Mafia. Anyone who wants, they can find me there...elissaknaby@yahoo.com

The freebies are pretty few recently, at least the good ones.

tonka06405
01-29-2010, 09:55 AM
no freebies and no one here!!

ahippiechic
01-29-2010, 09:58 AM
I lurk around keeping an eye on you guys.........

Jenefer3
01-29-2010, 10:05 AM
I've just been busy between life and facebook (yes, they are two different things lol). Honestly, the facebook part I blame on hippie

ahippiechic
01-29-2010, 10:14 AM
Whateva! http://myhippiespace.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/whatever.gif

3lilpigs
01-29-2010, 01:44 PM
I don't do the games in Facebook, so I find it to be pretty boring at times.

I'm not around as much, because work is finally picking up a bit.

LunaChick
01-29-2010, 01:50 PM
Honestly, the facebook part I blame on hippie

:yeah:agree

Explorer 4x4'r
01-29-2010, 02:34 PM
Honestly, the facebook part I blame on hippie

X2

I don't know really. I was seeing all the people here getting some nice freebies, but needed facebook

jasmine
01-29-2010, 02:48 PM
I don't do facebook, don't have the patience, plus I only have dial up connection. I've been here, but also I have 3 kids..... and I go to a couple of other places. Right now I'm snowed in, stupid stupid snow LOL.

speedygirl
01-29-2010, 05:05 PM
I pop in a couple times a day but I've been busy with work and other things. I also spend some time on Facebook.

ahippiechic
01-29-2010, 05:23 PM
Y'all are just messed up blaming me for the FB thing! I think it's all Jenefer's fault.

DrGrin
01-29-2010, 05:30 PM
It's not just this forum that is slow. Every forum I am a member of is slow. Even facebook is slow. People must be out playing in the snow. :D

pepperpot
01-29-2010, 05:49 PM
Or they can't afford the internet anymore.....

BBELEAZAHR
01-29-2010, 06:50 PM
My kids have been keeping me busy, my little guy is non stop into something lol I been busy with surveys too seem to be getting lots of good paid ones and lots of product tests so I guess it makes up for the lack of freebies :) My kids have been keeping me busy, my little guy is non stop into something lol

Jenefer3
01-29-2010, 09:50 PM
Y'all are just messed up blaming me for the FB thing! I think it's all Jenefer's fault.

uh huh, I'm sure that's it. I'm not the one who plays almost EVERY facebook game out there. I've stopped playing most of them. :slap

justme23
01-30-2010, 12:04 AM
I don't do facebook, don't have the patience, plus I only have dial up connection. I've been here, but also I have 3 kids..... and I go to a couple of other places. Right now I'm snowed in, stupid stupid snow LOL.

I don't do facebook either. I just can't be checking something every hour to see if it grew... I play a lot of Guild Wars though... but I am always here several times a day. There is a couple other places I browse, but this is the only one I post at. Other places would not care for my bluntness, they just want to play kissy kissy... ugh.

magickay
01-30-2010, 11:55 AM
I'm another FB addict...okay, not so much FB as MAFIA WARS...I'm bordering on obsessed with that game. I'm trying to put some balance back into my online time, so I find myself back here to see what I've been missing :) and getting caught up with some of my survey sites.

YNKYH8R
01-30-2010, 02:00 PM
Because of how polarizing the posts had become the whole liberal/concervative negativity basicly made me come here less. I Framville more now. Doing well too.

YNKYH8R
01-30-2010, 02:03 PM
I don't do facebook either. I just can't be checking something every hour to see if it grew... I play a lot of Guild Wars though... but I am always here several times a day. There is a couple other places I browse, but this is the only one I post at. Other places would not care for my bluntness, they just want to play kissy kissy... ugh.Except for the free aspect of Guild Wars I didn't find anything else about it that kept my interest. the graphics were great and the story line/cut scences were great also. but with lack of any kind of crafting or differences in apparel I just went back to WoW.

YNKYH8R
01-30-2010, 02:05 PM
I'm another FB addict...okay, not so much FB as MAFIA WARS...I'm bordering on obsessed with that game. I'm trying to put some balance back into my online time, so I find myself back here to see what I've been missing :) and getting caught up with some of my survey sites.I was too but then I started plying farmville and it's a lot less 'paper driven charcters' and more actual interaction plus the freebies are great.

galeane29
01-30-2010, 02:20 PM
I do pop in here and read up on new posts at least once a day but since I started homeschooling all 3 of my kids and now I work full time ( from home) I stay pretty busy.

jasmine
01-30-2010, 02:52 PM
I do pop in here and read up on new posts at least once a day but since I started homeschooling all 3 of my kids and now I work full time ( from home) I stay pretty busy.

wow, home schooling 3 kids plus a full time job~~ ick, I guess you don't have time for much of anything. Was wondering why weren't here that much like before........

justme23
01-30-2010, 06:15 PM
Except for the free aspect of Guild Wars I didn't find anything else about it that kept my interest. the graphics were great and the story line/cut scences were great also. but with lack of any kind of crafting or differences in apparel I just went back to WoW.

Perhaps you'll enjoy GW2 better... it's coming in November!

YNKYH8R
01-31-2010, 04:55 AM

Probably not; WoW's third expansion, Cataclysim, is coming out around the same time.

socks1211
01-31-2010, 07:21 AM
i pop in once in a while but not often
i am on facebook most of the time

mabby89
01-31-2010, 07:54 AM
I am a FB addict, thanks to Hippie...j/k. But I have a couple of other boards I frequent on more regularly than here.

diana_circe
01-31-2010, 08:33 AM
I'm on FB a lot, but not here so much. I'm pretty wrapped up in school since the quarter is ending soon. And my temp job of nearly 10 months is coming to an end and I was selected to interview for a permanent position so I've been worried about my job. When I think to come here its during a slow time and not many posts.

LunaChick
01-31-2010, 11:06 AM
I was too but then I started plying farmville and it's a lot less 'paper driven charcters' and more actual interaction plus the freebies are great.

We gotta become neighbors! I love Farmville!

LunaChick
01-31-2010, 11:08 AM

November you say?? Awesome! I've been keeping an eye on the trailers and it's looking good! At the moment between FB time and the new rescue pup we just got, I've been playing Dragon Age Origins. OMG it's an awesome game. I think you and Yankee would love it.

sunflowers
01-31-2010, 12:30 PM
I dont do the games because I think they would probably be just to addicting and time consuming...I mainly use it to catch up w/ old friends.(facebook)..

Thats why I liked coming here so much, to catch up with everyone ,see what was going on(OTC) but lately it just seems no one posted or replied to much anymore..

re games: I think if you have that much time to spend just sitting at the computer all day long playing games, then it is a waste. There is so much better things to do with your time...JMO

ahippiechic
01-31-2010, 04:16 PM
I spend all day in front of the PC anyway, that's my job. So I keep FB and MySpace open too, so I can take a break and flip over to play games & talk to my friends.

MistyWolf
01-31-2010, 07:40 PM
I do pop in here a few times through out the day. Mostly on FB in the morning after the kids go to school and than later at night when I get home from work, which I do 5 days a week.

I do the games too and it isn't all that time consuming. I don't sit for hours playing games. And it's no different from POGO if you play there which is A LOT more time consuming. I hardly even go there anymore.

justme23
01-31-2010, 10:29 PM
Probably not; WoW's third expansion, Cataclysim, is coming out around the same time.

Ok, then don't play it... no need to be a negative nellie... you never used to be that way... it's weird.

justme23
01-31-2010, 10:32 PM
November you say?? Awesome! I've been keeping an eye on the trailers and it's looking good! At the moment between FB time and the new rescue pup we just got, I've been playing Dragon Age Origins. OMG it's an awesome game. I think you and Yankee would love it.

I've played it... not too much to get deep in, but I did like what I saw. Maybe I'll try it again... however, they are redoing wintersday until the 7th, so I will be snowballing until then... won't be time for anything else... need to make the cash! Have expensive armor to buy for a Monkey!

LunaChick
01-31-2010, 10:44 PM
Ya, they royally messed up the first Wintersday! I'm glad they are having a re-do.

YNKYH8R
02-01-2010, 07:42 AM
Ok, then don't play it... no need to be a negative nellie... you never used to be that way... it's weird.LOL what? I'm not being negative or anything. Far from it. I'm sorry if my posts seemed to come off negative, not my intent at all. GW is a great game and I was kind of hanging out with Lunachick by-proxy through it some time ago.

Please don't take heart.

LunaChick
02-01-2010, 10:00 AM
LOL what? I'm not being negative or anything. Far from it. I'm sorry if my posts seemed to come off negative, not my intent at all. GW is a great game and I was kind of hanging out with Lunachick by-proxy through it some time ago.

Please don't take heart.

Yep! I guess when you come from a game that has certain aspects it's difficult to get used to a different style of game play. Also you only had the original campaign Prophecies and that didn't give you the chance to see everything the game has to offer. It has progressed! But, hey, I understand. People are loyal to their games and that's cool. :) Ya like what ya like. It's all good. :)

justme23
02-01-2010, 12:14 PM
Oh man... I wouldn't like it either if all I had was Prof... bleh, that got old quick. It makes much more sense now! And I certainly have nothing against WoW... hell, I'd probably even play it if it were up to me... but my husband hates pay as you play games and throws a fit every time I bring it up... so that's that!

MERE CHAT
02-02-2010, 04:39 PM
I love to post freebies when I find them but lately they're getting harder to find. It's probably due to the economy and more companies are offering less freebies. Also some freebies are offered on multiple sites and they get flooded with requests. I personally haven't been on much due to health issues including myself and especially my parents who I try to visit as much as I can. The only really happy note in my life lately is that in June I will be welcoming my third grandchild!! I don't do much on FB or games. Not enough time or energy.

poggles3
02-03-2010, 09:17 AM
Hi my name is Erica, I am a facebook addict, I cannot stop playing farville, farmtown, yoville, treasure madness, a few others but as of late I have let my crops die because I was out icing rival mafia members. Mafia wars has taken the place of every other game I used to spend so much time on :P
I too spend less time here but there seems to be less to chat about, less freebies/deals. It will pick back up, things always seem to!

tngirl
02-05-2010, 05:15 PM
I hang out mostly at FB and drop in here once in a blue moon.

whatever
02-05-2010, 06:14 PM
I hang out mostly at FB and drop in here once in a blue moon.

Haven't seen you around. But heck i'm not around much either. lol

Anniston
02-05-2010, 06:26 PM
but as of late I have let my crops die because I was out icing rival mafia members

Don't hear those words strung together every day! LOL. I thought that was cute. I don't play the FB games, but I see it is a huge deal with some people.

The other day, my friend had a status update that said, "All I need is one brick." I posted, "Is Scott (her DH) pissing you off again?" And she said, "No, it is for a game." My bad.

YNKYH8R
02-06-2010, 04:23 PM
Oh man... I wouldn't like it either if all I had was Prof... bleh, that got old quick. It makes much more sense now! And I certainly have nothing against WoW... hell, I'd probably even play it if it were up to me... but my husband hates pay as you play games and throws a fit every time I bring it up... so that's that!You know...I'm prob beating a dea horse but.....for the price of movie tickets for two people...you can play WoW. If you go to the movies once a month you can play Wow. I pay for my subscription with GC's from B-Day and Christmas plus Ido surveys that pay in Gamestop GCs...then I just buy my teo months at a time. The ammount out of family budget over the year has been under 20$.

justme23
02-06-2010, 07:51 PM
Don't go to the movies once a month... and GW is free... lol

YNKYH8R
02-08-2010, 06:21 AM
Don't go to the movies once a month... and GW is free... lol

/facepalm

sunniekiss
02-08-2010, 08:20 AM
I just don't have as much free time as I used to. Now that I have a new computer at work that is actually hook-up t the internet, the last thing I want to do when I get home is to be on the computer.
I check-in during the day if/when I have the time.

meltodd69
02-08-2010, 02:12 PM
No internet here. Thankful for work lol. When I get a second between clients I try come here. OMG got a second and got to type lol.

Gherky
02-08-2010, 07:57 PM
You know...I'm prob beating a dea horse but.....for the price of movie tickets for two people...you can play WoW. If you go to the movies once a month you can play Wow. I pay for my subscription with GC's from B-Day and Christmas plus Ido surveys that pay in Gamestop GCs...then I just buy my teo months at a time. The ammount out of family budget over the year has been under 20$.

WoW is a fun, addicting game....especially when it's played on a 28" HD monitor. LOL

YNKYH8R
02-10-2010, 09:08 PM
WoW is a fun, addicting game....especially when it's played on a 28" HD monitor. LOLHow long you been playing? You can't make a comment like that and not give details.

Gherky
02-21-2010, 12:12 AM
How long you been playing? You can't make a comment like that and not give details.

I've been playing since July and I STILL don't have any level 80 toons yet. I tend to play at a slower pace than these youngsters that level maniacally, plus I keep creating new toons to try out so that slows me down but I have great fun with the game (the guild I am in is a hoot).... :D

stresseater
02-21-2010, 12:36 AM
You know...I'm prob beating a dea horse but.....for the price of movie tickets for two people...you can play WoW. If you go to the movies once a month you can play Wow. I pay for my subscription with GC's from B-Day and Christmas plus Ido surveys that pay in Gamestop GCs...then I just buy my teo months at a time. The ammount out of family budget over the year has been under 20$.

DD has been begging me to get an account. I'm wondering how it works for dial up internet users. Anyone??? Other than that I have been introduced to a scrabble game off of facebook that I can't seem to get away from. I check in here daily but since it's been so slow there hasn't been much to do.

fleabones3
02-22-2010, 05:02 PM
I lurk around. I know some of why there is less traffic was there was a bunch of fighting, nitpicking bs going on for a bit.. that and the freebies suck. between facebook and pogo, taking care of my 5 kids at home, plus I am the only car for right now... so I have to haul my stepkids and grandkids to the things they gotta do. Just waiting for taxes so they can vehicles haha.

ps.. if anyone wants to add me on facebook.. its Felicia Albright

janelle
02-22-2010, 05:07 PM
Well there are also so many other freebie sites now. A lot more than there use to be and most have discussion boards. No one is stuck on any one board anymore. There are too many to chose from. Lots of competition now.