PDA

View Full Version : Slightly irritated...

buttrfli
01-18-2010, 05:18 PM
Ok, well I was REALLY pissed this afternoon.

I got DD some jeans from Target in December for christmas. They didn't fit so I took them back today (I have 90 days and this is the first chance I had)

I took them to the CS counter and was told that I could not retrun them or exchange them because they have been clearanced out of their system and they no longer carry them.

Um, ok, so just put the money back on my card... NOPE! They can't refund anything that is no longer in their system. I understand that they are no longer in their system, but WTF? Do they make it a habit to take things out of their system so soon after Christmas? I bought them on December 16th and they were taken out of their system December 28th.

I called the corporate number and they basically told me that there was nothing that they could do. So now I am stuck with a pair of jeans that don't fit anyone in our house.

I am taking them to our church clothes closet and hope that someone will be excited to get them.

pepperpot
01-18-2010, 06:01 PM
If you had your receipt, I would demand it. It states you have 90 days for a refund, right?

3lilpigs
01-18-2010, 06:10 PM
If you had your receipt, I would demand it. It states you have 90 days for a refund, right?

Exactly. Receipt says 90 days......it says nothing about ''90 days if we still carry that product.''

Find out who the District Manager is and call him. Calling those 800 numbers is a joke.

Airbuswife
01-18-2010, 06:18 PM
i totally agree with pigs and pepper! write a letter to corporate also. its only been a little more than a month and you still have the receipt, that is a crock of sh!t that they wont take them back.

cabby92
01-18-2010, 07:01 PM
pigs and pepper

Sounds like a bad rock group.

I'd keep calling if I was you, someone can fix it. I got my son an MP3 player a few years ago. He liked but it only worked for about three weeks. Of course by then the wrapping and all was long gone. I was told no refund three times until I emailed the right person. I explained how much I loved the store but that I would no longer shop there because it offended my child. I got my money back and a coupon for my trouble.

buttrfli
01-18-2010, 07:18 PM
I am going back up tomorrow. I wrote a letter to the corporate office.

I think what pisses me off the most is that they make a LOT of money off of us. I am 3+ times a week picking up meds, so I do most of my shopping there, plus I tend to buy junk I don't need while I am waiting on meds. Its not like I never shop there and just want to get over on them (which is how they made me feel.)

Shann
01-18-2010, 07:39 PM
Oh I hate no HATE, despise, loath Target when it comes to returns especially if it involves a gift card. When I get married/have a baby I will NOT accept Target gc's I'm so over them. I don't purchase anything I think I *may* return, as they always try to screw me over even w/ a receipt and following all the rules. Target can KMWA!

buttrfli
01-18-2010, 07:40 PM
Oh I hate no HATE, despise, loath Target when it comes to returns especially if it involves a gift card. When I get married/have a baby I will NOT accept Target gc's I'm so over them. I don't purchase anything I think I *may* return, as they always try to screw me over even w/ a receipt and following all the rules. Target can KMWA!

Tell us how you really feel Shann LOL :))

iluvmybaby
01-18-2010, 08:19 PM
I am not a big target fan for several reasons, the first one is that they have banned bell rings in front of target declaring that they are "solicitors." I would contact the main office and see what happens, it couldnt hurt. While you are calling them them @ 1.800.440.0680 ((Target corporate office)) make sure and tell them how much you dislike that they banned the bell ringers too

galeane29
01-18-2010, 08:45 PM
i had the same problem but for an mp3 player at walmart, it clearly says 90 day returns on my receipt and I bought it from their website in Nov for a Christmas gift for my 7 year old, they said I only get 15 days to return it after purchase.

queenangie
01-19-2010, 12:31 AM
Can't wait to hear part II in the Target story! You give 'em hell-o, girl!

sunniekiss
01-19-2010, 07:42 AM
Last summer when I had th issue with Target with that idiot kid who punched in the wrong numbers when I wrote & check and he yelled at me, really yelled loud that I was a check bouncer. I had well over the $15 my items came to in my checking account. I had just written out a check in the pharamacy w/o a problem.
I went home and contacted corporate & explained how this idiot embarassed me in the store. A vice president called me the next morning at work to apologize & sent me 2 $20 gift cards.

Give them H$LL again.

krisharry
01-19-2010, 10:15 AM
90 days should be 90 days. That is total crap. I would demand to speak with the store manager and if he doesn't budge, have him call his district manager and he and you speak to dm. If that doesn't work, tell him to call corporate while you are in the store. If all else fails, tell him you are contacting the attorney general in your state for fraud/unfair business practices.

Anthill
01-20-2010, 07:29 AM
Target has been nothing but major problems w/ me this yr also. It started in November, they just opened up a new Target at our mall. So on Sunday the day of their ad I went there to buy what was advertised. They had bread on sale for .49 cents they were out of it. So I to CS and they told me that I couldn't get a rain check for it. I asked her why she told me it was a temporary price. I said isn't all sales a temporary price??? ANd no where in your AD or in your store say that I can't get a rain check but NO she wouldn't give me one. So I went home and did nothing about it. Then a month later I got a coupon for 10 off the Leap frog reading thing and 5.00 of the Jr reader plus the Target ad had coupons for it, plus it was on sale. So I go back to the new store they are out of the main LF reader system and they woudl not give me a rain check they only had the JR system. I bought one after fighting w/ the MGR they let me use my coupns and I got it for 15.00. I went home checked thier website and again it never said anything about not getting a rain check etc. Somewhere on thier website they have check availability it told me that one Target about 45 mintues away had the LF readers. So the next day I go there they do not have them and told me not to trust the website. Well I know that now but that doesn't help me now that I am here. And again they wouldn't give me a Rain check. They also had JR readers that were for gilrs (the new store didn't have them and I needed one for my niece) at that Target they weren't on sale but the other one it was and they told me that they don't do store to store match but if Best Buy or Walmart had it on sale they would honor them??? That made no sense to me. So finally after having 3 different situations w/ them I contacted Corporate who at first hung up on me. I then called back and spoke to a Supervisor who then told me that they were sorry that the item I wanted wasn't available. I said it doesn't bother me that the item wasn' t available what bothers me is that you do not allow Rain checks. If I get there the day of the sale and you do not have it, or they decide not to put it on the shelf then I should have the right to come back at my convenience and that is what a Rain check is for. Why would I want a RC for an item that isn't on sale and I can't get that item at that price whenver??? I am still fighting w/ them Usually on Black Friday I shop there I refused to . So good luck w/ them they are now becoming in my book K-Mart.

baragabrat
01-20-2010, 09:04 PM
Ok, well I was REALLY pissed this afternoon.

I got DD some jeans from Target in December for christmas. They didn't fit so I took them back today (I have 90 days and this is the first chance I had)

I took them to the CS counter and was told that I could not retrun them or exchange them because they have been clearanced out of their system and they no longer carry them.

Um, ok, so just put the money back on my card... NOPE! They can't refund anything that is no longer in their system. I understand that they are no longer in their system, but WTF? Do they make it a habit to take things out of their system so soon after Christmas? I bought them on December 16th and they were taken out of their system December 28th.

I called the corporate number and they basically told me that there was nothing that they could do. So now I am stuck with a pair of jeans that don't fit anyone in our house.

I am taking them to our church clothes closet and hope that someone will be excited to get them.

Don't forget Planetfeedback. I often get good results when I have a complaint and use that site. My last good result was hooks in the WalMart restroom. I got an email and the manager of the store called me to tell me they were installed. I was impressed! (with Planetfeedback, not WalMart. Never WalMart.)

justme23
01-21-2010, 12:22 AM
I hope you got your money back... I'd be pissed.

On a side note, since it was mentioned... I honestly detest those bell ringers, it's one of the reasons I prefer Target. It's not cause I don't want to be charitable, I just don't like 'em.