PDA

View Full Version : The Bachelor’s Bob Guiney and Wife Rebecca Budig Split

sunflowers
01-13-2010, 07:55 PM
It looks like Bob Guiney is a bachelor once again.

The reality star — who became beloved as the jovial, self-effacing regular guy looking for love with Trista Rehn (now Trista Sutter) on The Bachelorette and then as the star of season 4 of ABC’s The Bachelor — and his wife of five years, All My Children star Rebecca Budig, are on the outs, according to several sources close to the couple.

“Lately it’s become clear that nothing is going to save this,” a friend of Budig says. “They’ve just grown apart and are no longer the people they were when they got married.”

The couple tell PEOPLE in an exclusive statement: “We love each other very much. We are best friends and don’t know what the future holds.”

Meanwhile, a source close to the couple says, “They talk on the phone every day and they truly are best friends. They don’t know what is going to happen. They haven’t filed for divorce.” Adds the source, “They’re not even fighting.”

Although a source close to Guiney insists that he has re-entered the singles scene, the friend of the couple denies he’s back on the market: “He’s not at a point to date because it’s not over.”

Still, the friend of Budig says, “They’ve been on the rocks for a long time.”

Last March, Budig left her role as mischievous Greenlee on All My Children, which taped in New York City, citing her need to spend more time in Los Angeles with her husband. Ironically, she no longer has to choose between the two: All My Children recently relocated to Los Angeles, and Budig has since rejoined the show. But being on the same coast hasn’t been enough to save the marriage, says the Budig source. “It’s over and it’s been over for a while now.”

At Wednesday’s Television Critics Association event in Pasadena, Calif., Budig was present — and noticeably not wearing her wedding ring.