PDA

View Full Version : Secret Pals? who wants to do another round?

DAVESBABYDOLL
01-09-2010, 02:55 PM
post here if you do. I would like to have 10 people at least

sunflowers
01-09-2010, 02:57 PM
Can you explain for those of us who havent done one, what it all entails???

Airbuswife
01-09-2010, 03:02 PM
post here if you do. I would like to have 10 people at least

me me me, i want in again! :itsme:

DAVESBABYDOLL
01-09-2010, 03:03 PM
Sure can.

I set you up with a secret pal, you will not have who sends to you.

I set an amount, like $20 for example. They will send me a list ( I forward it to you) they will have a ISO/like list and a dislike list and vise versa. You go by the list to help you shop, you mail them out a "goodie box" (no telling them who you are) and you will get a goodie box from someone who is your SP.

It's fun, there has been a few burps, but for the most part, it has been pretty great.

Renrut
01-09-2010, 03:11 PM
I am in

sunflowers
01-09-2010, 04:03 PM
Sure can.

I set you up with a secret pal, you will not have who sends to you.

I set an amount, like $20 for example. They will send me a list ( I forward it to you) they will have a ISO/like list and a dislike list and vise versa. You go by the list to help you shop, you mail them out a "goodie box" (no telling them who you are) and you will get a goodie box from someone who is your SP.

It's fun, there has been a few burps, but for the most part, it has been pretty great.

is it a 1x deal or a couple of times ?

DAVESBABYDOLL
01-09-2010, 04:07 PM
usually jan-June but if we do this will be Feb-June.

You end up making some pretty great friends doing these swaps

janelle
01-10-2010, 01:09 AM
Guess I am dense, I still do not understand it. Is it like a secret pal thing where we send email to them, etc? Is it just one goodie box or more? TIA

tarbabie
01-10-2010, 08:28 AM
Guess I am dense, I still do not understand it. Is it like a secret pal thing where we send email to them, etc? Is it just one goodie box or more? TIA

You can email but the idea is to remain secret...I really liked getting letters from my pal. Let me know that we are all in the same boat and what things are like where the are...

Heidi
01-10-2010, 09:30 AM
I'm in

dangerousfem
01-10-2010, 02:10 PM

Yes.. it is a secret pal thing .... you will send your secret pal a goodie box 1 time each month.. from Feb to June... if they happen to have a holiday in one of those months.. like birthday.. anniversary.. valentines.. ect.. you add a little something extra in the box. You try to follow their likes and dislikes list.. most are pretty easy to shop for.. and like lots of things.. You make sure you don't put your name on the package or inside the package.. its a secret.. you can also send cards.. emails from a secret email address..ect.. :)

that being said.. I'm in

heymom
01-10-2010, 05:01 PM
I'd like to be in on it as well :)

shellysms
01-10-2010, 07:00 PM
Janelle you are not dense...But when something is new to you...sometimes, you just don't understand at first..I hope this helps...

For the Secret Pal, each month you send a pkg to your secret pal..
or gift card, online, paypal or something to surprise your pal. must be shipped by say, feb 10th, march 10, april 10th, may 10th... Whatever the ship by day listed on the original posting. you dont' reveal yourself till the last month. you try to keep it a secret. You will be given your secret pals information...their likes, dislikes, etc. You go by their list and send goodies! you must spend the appropriate amount whichever is stated..it's either $15 or $20..you can go over..but it has to atleast be that value. AND that does not include shipping... Don't send used stuff, things you have around the house etc. These are suppose to be fun!! Just dont' send something to be sending something. You must ship out by the shipping date stated. If you are a bad pal..negative feedback can be left.Hope this helps. When shipping things you can put your pals address as the return address as well to keep things secret...or use a relative or something like that....It is always a good idea to get delivery confirmation..so that way your pkg can be tracked and verfied when and if the pkg was shipped.
All the important info will be posted when the secret pal round is started..
such as ship by date...pkg value, etc.
I hope that no one joins this round unless they can truly keep up with the rules of this... because it really hurts those that participate and their secret pal don't follow thru. Life happens.. and sometimes it's hard to get things shipped out on time.. BUT THINGS don't happen every single month where your pal is left stranded and felt left out. SO be good to your partner..have fun... surprise them. Did I say BE good to them?? Just thought I'd help sheila out with the details on these. Sheila you've done a great job with these...and I wasn't going to join again.. BUT I'm going to try one more time!!! I hope that you don't let people in the past that have failed to complete past rounds join again..because it really isn't fair.

dangerousfem
01-10-2010, 07:04 PM
I'm glad you giving it another go Shelly..
I think Sheila should make it a rule that dc# is required... or is it already a rule..lol.. I can't remember.. but if its not.. it maybe should be.

wyrmslyph
01-11-2010, 12:29 AM
I'll play. :-) I have gotten burnt a time or two, but overall these are the best. Lots of fun.

DAVESBABYDOLL
01-11-2010, 02:17 AM
Good job Shelly lol

Yes, I already have it as DC# is a MUST.

ok, just need a few more people :D

krisharry
01-11-2010, 05:52 AM
I'm in.

shellysms
01-11-2010, 10:59 AM
sorry sheila...got some new meds for this darn cold and I was wound up and very talkative...LOL aren't you guys glad I don't have you on IM... : )

janelle
01-11-2010, 04:31 PM
Ok, I understand now. Count me in. Thanks.

DAVESBABYDOLL
01-11-2010, 04:42 PM
Aesome! Thats 10 of us, let's keep this up for another 3-4 days to see if more people will sign up.

tarbabie
01-12-2010, 04:59 AM
Aesome! Thats 10 of us, let's keep this up for another 3-4 days to see if more people will sign up.

Awesome blossom! Come and make new buddies and learn more about us!

shellysms
01-12-2010, 08:49 AM
Time is ticking...I want my secret pal.... : )

DAVESBABYDOLL
01-14-2010, 05:10 AM
:beamup

we want YOU! Come have some fun!

DAVESBABYDOLL
01-17-2010, 02:55 AM
will bump until Wednesday, then do an actual thread :)

dangerousfem
01-18-2010, 10:11 AM
come on ladies.. lots of fun...

DAVESBABYDOLL
01-19-2010, 04:24 AM
:beamup last chance for sign ups

OmaLisa
01-19-2010, 05:30 PM
:beamup last chance for sign ups

I'd really like to give it a shot. Is it too late?

Lisa

dangerousfem
01-24-2010, 08:28 PM
ok.. sent in my list..lol