PDA

View Full Version : So, when do you take it all down? (Christmas decor.)

DAVESBABYDOLL
12-27-2009, 05:16 AM
I already did... the next day. I was SO over the tree shedding all over the the place. I still have the lights in the double doorway and kitchen, I LIKE them so they may stay for a while. :D

*note to self* DO NOT get tree until two weeks prior to Christmas next year.

buttrfli
12-27-2009, 05:42 AM
Christmas day.

Urban Cowgirl
12-27-2009, 06:45 AM
Wow! I hate to take mine down, its fake though. I'd keep my up another month if DH would let me!

morgansmom
12-27-2009, 07:01 AM
Took all mine down yesterday, everything except the tree. I did take the decorations off the tree but need to find a new storage container for the tree. Hopefully, I can find one today.

dinosmom
12-27-2009, 07:27 AM
I am so tempted to take it down NOW but traditionally I take it all down the day after New Years.

wubbywa
12-27-2009, 07:30 AM
ours is down but have a couple small ones that will be put away probably today.

MizzouLady
12-27-2009, 07:33 AM
I used to take it down Jan. 2 (the day after my mom's birthday), but now wait until after Jan. 5, since I married my dh seven years ago. That's his birthday.

Urban Cowgirl
12-27-2009, 07:48 AM
Took all mine down yesterday, everything except the tree. I did take the decorations off the tree but need to find a new storage container for the tree. Hopefully, I can find one today.

I take my tree down cellar and leave it put together down there(not with the decorations on it)....put a Large plastic bag down over it. That way I don't have to fluff out the branches as much( I hate that part).

diana_circe
12-27-2009, 07:53 AM
I am taking mine down today. I normally do it the day after, but we were expecting my family since they weren't able to make it Christmas day, but it was still too bad out for tehm to make it yesterday too. They may make it today, but I'm beyond sick of digging Holli's cat out of the tree. It was only one of those small, 4' ones and he keeps knocking it over.

DreamWarrior
12-27-2009, 09:16 AM
Im gonna take mine down today. I am sick of looking at it.. LOL

jasmine
12-27-2009, 10:38 AM
I have always liked my christmas tree to stay up for new years, and decorations. But this year it may come down early. I hate doing it by myself, it is sooo much work. This year I am debating on wether not to throw the tree out (fake), I want another one for next year, but don't want to risk not having the money to buy another LOL.

Also, isn't it always fun to take it all down, and then look at how clean the living room looks and how much more room you have, it's almost like a whole new house for a little while with it all cleaned up, for me anyway.

A0305
12-27-2009, 11:47 AM
I take mine down on new years day.

kandj'smom
12-27-2009, 12:28 PM
I always take mine down after new years, I hate taking it down and all the decorations, because to me, the house looks so bare and bland looking. LOL>

Heidi
12-27-2009, 01:45 PM
I usually take everything down the weekend of New Years. I'm feeling too lazy today to do it, so I'll probably stick with the tradition. We have a fake tree (allergies), so no harm it keeping it up for awhile.

tarasdream
12-27-2009, 05:27 PM
its supposed to be good luck to leave it up until after new years so i always wait until then

DrGrin
12-27-2009, 06:11 PM
Normally I take the stuff down and pack it away the day after Christmas, but it will stay up till New Year's Day this time because the inlaws aren't coming until New Year's Eve and the kids insist they want to have the tree up when the grandparents show up.

Jenefer3
12-27-2009, 10:51 PM
I put the ornaments and lights up and got rid of the tree today. I still have my jingle bell tree, snowglobes, and light up santa up. Those will get boxed up this week at some point. Normally I wait but this year I just wanted it done

gmyers
12-27-2009, 11:27 PM
I took most of mine down today. It sure looks bland without all the Christmas colors. I love Christmas colors they're so cheerful.

BeanieLuvR
12-28-2009, 12:32 AM
New Years day or the day after. I can't wait to have my living room back to normal.

DonnaWV
12-28-2009, 05:30 AM
All mine are in totes and ready to go in the attic. When the last gift is opened, it is over for me. I want all the Christmas decorations gone.

baragabrat
12-28-2009, 03:50 PM
I do not decorate, nor do we have a tree anymore. I got rid of my last vestige of Christmas last month when I gave a neat homemade wooden St. Nick to my daughter. But we get Christmas cards and I set them up on the entertainment center. They were all gone the day after Christmas.

octnan2000
12-28-2009, 04:09 PM
I never take mine down till after January 6 because that is the feast of the epiphany when the wise men arrived with their gifts for the baby Jesus.

mabby89
12-28-2009, 04:31 PM
"IF" I had a tree up this year, it would be taken down after New Years. But right now all my stuff is in storage, and I dont have room here to fart, let alone put up decorations. :rofl: