PDA

View Full Version : YAY!!! (Thanks Brandon!!)

buttrfli
12-23-2009, 08:03 PM
I asked Brandon for this new Frugal Living forum because I know we would all learn a lot from each other.

Inspired by JKat, I want to be one of those people who can buy $100 worth of stuff for $5! LOL

Please post coupon matchups and your awesome shopping deals that you find. You can still use the grocery shopping forum to post about sales, but use this forum to tell us how you use the coupons and sales together for awesome savings.

I am ready to learn!

JKATHERINE
12-23-2009, 08:32 PM
Awesome!! I will post my coupon matchups here, too, when I have a chance and you guys are all welcome to also check out my blog (http://savespendrepeat.blogspot.com)for lots of great tips! I walked out of Walgreens today paying $3.54 for over $150 worth of items!!

Thank you, Brandon!

ahippiechic
12-23-2009, 08:54 PM
Yeah, thx Brandon! :)

Maybe I can learn something in here!

pepperpot
12-23-2009, 08:55 PM
You have a cool blog Jkat! :agree

magickay
12-24-2009, 01:13 AM
Love this idea - this thread can be used for more than couponing, too...cheap meals, laundry tips, reusing/repurposing items, etc.

Once I used some obsolete forms from work as wrapping paper for a gift for a co-worker who was retiring. She laughed as she unwrapped her present and tore through the forms she would no longer have to process -- seemed appropriate to her!

buttrfli
12-24-2009, 08:31 AM
Love this idea - this thread can be used for more than couponing, too...cheap meals, laundry tips, reusing/repurposing items, etc.

Once I used some obsolete forms from work as wrapping paper for a gift for a co-worker who was retiring. She laughed as she unwrapped her present and tore through the forms she would no longer have to process -- seemed appropriate to her!

Great ideas!

whatever
12-25-2009, 10:04 AM
Awesome!! I will post my coupon matchups here, too, when I have a chance and you guys are all welcome to also check out my blog (http://savespendrepeat.blogspot.com)for lots of great tips! I walked out of Walgreens today paying $3.54 for over $150 worth of items!!

Thank you, Brandon!

I love your idea about making gift baskets!! Walgreens is a great place to to the store and man. coupons together. It helps me save tons!

whatever
12-25-2009, 10:07 AM
I'm sure most of you all already do this but I always cut my s.o.s pads in half and at the same time it sharpens you scissors.
Also I use dryer sheet on my lamp shades to clean them. It takes the dust off easily plus it leaves a scent on them so when you turn them on it will smell nice.

MizzouLady
12-25-2009, 10:31 AM
I'm sure most of you all already do this but I always cut my s.o.s pads in half and at the same time it sharpens you scissors.
Also I use dryer sheet on my lamp shades to clean them. It takes the dust off easily plus it leaves a scent on them so when you turn them on it will smell nice.

I knew you could use dryer sheets for a lot of things, but I never thought about dusting my lamp shades with them. Good idea, thanks.

I have my dd put a dryer sheet in each shoe when they start smelling (leave it overnight). It really cuts the odor, and it's cheaper than any of the commercial odor killers.

5kidsmom
12-25-2009, 11:56 AM
Maybe I'm too much of a cheapscape, but I cut all my dryer sheets in half!

ntgsmommy
12-25-2009, 12:04 PM
I used an table cover that I received to wrap a present in...didn't cost me a thing, and the receipent was happy.

mabby89
12-25-2009, 01:31 PM
Great blog JKat!!!!!

JKATHERINE
12-26-2009, 07:53 AM
You have a cool blog Jkat! :agree

Great blog JKat!!!!!

Thanks, gals! ☺

jeleben
12-29-2009, 06:40 PM
I get lots of free samples for shampoo and conditioners. I keep a small basket in my bathroom with these in it and when I get in the shower I grab one of these then throw the paper away when I get out. Get to try lots of different things and don't have dripping bottles of shampoo in the shower. My guest loves this because they also have a choice of what they can use