PDA

View Full Version : Lady Gaga, Miley Cyrus Meet The Queen

jasmine
12-08-2009, 10:30 AM
http://www.popeater.com/2009/12/08/lady-gaga-miley-cyrus-queen/?icid=main|htmlws-main-n|dl2|link5|http%3A%2F%2Fwww.popeater.com%2F2009%2 F12%2F08%2Flady-gaga-miley-cyrus-queen%2F

Lady Gaga, Miley Cyrus Meet The Queen

Two of America's pop queens met their match yesterday -- Queen Elizabeth II. The two performed as part of the Queens' Royal Variety Performance in London, UK's Sun reports. And in true fashion, Lady Gaga sported a red PVC suit and 20-foot cloak topped with a regal Elizabethan-style ruffle. Later when the two met, Queen Elizabeth II reportedly giggled when Lady Gaga curtsied and shook her hand. Miley Cyrus also performed, but she seemed more excited about meeting Lady Gaga than The Queen.

Cyrus sang her hit 'Party In The USA' for the British ruler as part of The Royal Variety Show, an event which benefited the Entertainment Artists' Benevolent Fund. Afterward, she wrote on her official Web site, "I met lady gaga!!!" and proceeded to repeat it more than 50 times.

During Lady Gaga's performance of 'Speechless,' she sat a top a swing suspended 30 feet in the air as she played a piano held up on giant stilts. According to UK's Daily Mirror, Lady Gaga's performance had to be toned down, and she was forced to drop a "suicide act" from her performance.

Lady Gaga admitted, "I wanted to do the suicide scene but was told it wouldn't be appropriate. I've also had to tone things down generally. But it doesn't matter because I'm a massive fan of the Queen. I was so excited and have even been practicing my curtsy."

Other performers on the event's bill were Bette Midler, 'X Factor' winner Alexandra Burke, Katherine Jenkins, Mika and Michael Buble.

janelle
12-08-2009, 12:37 PM
Lady Gaga admitted, "I wanted to do the suicide scene but was told it wouldn't be appropriate. I've also had to tone things down generally. But it doesn't matter because I'm a massive fan of the Queen. I was so excited and have even been practicing my curtsy."

Carolina_E
01-17-2010, 04:10 AM
hhahahah....i don't think the queen has any idea what she is doing now a days....probably her grandsons wanted lady gaga and miley to perform!!

Carolina_E
01-20-2010, 10:48 AM
both of the artists whom i truly despise, i.e. lady gaga and miley cirus, i mean come on they arent even a .5% about the music!

netsis61
01-21-2010, 10:27 PM
Totally agree, Carolina_E ! "Lady" GaGa ought to be gagged! Puts a whole new spin on trashy.
I would have much rather have seen Susan Boyle get to meet the Queen.
At least she truly wanted to meet her. She can actually sing too which puts her Waaaay ahead of "Lady" gag us with a spoon.