PDA

View Full Version : Cookie Exchange

sunflowers
12-06-2009, 02:35 PM
Does anyone host or go to one for the holidays?

My sisters have hosted one in their neighborhood now for the past 7 years. It is really fun. We bring a dozen to share and then bring 10 (1/2 dozen bags) to share ....

We also people pick their favorite one and have prizes for the top 3....

speedygirl
12-06-2009, 03:48 PM
I go to a cookie swap that's set up by our local celiac group. It's really nice because I can get dozens of different gluten free cookies and lots of new recipes.

iluvmybaby
12-06-2009, 06:01 PM
I would not trust anything these days, you can't trust anyone anymore.

DBackFan
12-06-2009, 06:13 PM
I'm the same way. I never trust anyones kitchens unless I know them well. Won't eat from a bake sale either..lol Sounds fun though. I would rather have everyone bring recipes and bake them together :)

MistyWolf
12-06-2009, 08:29 PM
No I have never participated in one but it sounds like fun.

sunflowers
12-07-2009, 08:04 AM
I would not trust anything these days, you can't trust anyone anymore.

I'm the same way. I never trust anyones kitchens unless I know them well. Won't eat from a bake sale either..lol Sounds fun though. I would rather have everyone bring recipes and bake them together :)

Well they live in an upscale gated community w/ only 20 people so you know your neighbors pretty well....

But there are some cookies I have tasted that I dont bother taking home...lol

dinosmom
12-07-2009, 08:36 AM
My neighbor hosts one every yr. Saturday is hers. Its a lot of fun. We provide how ever many doz (depends upon how many people are coming) and then she makes up these great cookie platters for us to all take home. We have to provide the recipes as well.

I have NEVER had any qualms about eating cookies! LOL

buglebe
12-07-2009, 08:16 PM
Well they live in an upscale gated community w/ only 20 people so you know your neighbors pretty well....

But there are some cookies I have tasted that I dont bother taking home...lol'

I don't have any qualms about eating other's cooking but being in an upscale community doesn't make people clean. Ask any phone man or other that goes into people's homes regularly. Also I've seen the cook in some of the cleanest houses lick the spoon or knife and put it back in.

dinosmom
12-08-2009, 09:01 AM
'

I don't have any qualms about eating other's cooking but being in an upscale community doesn't make people clean. Ask any phone man or other that goes into people's homes regularly. Also I've seen the cook in some of the cleanest houses lick the spoon or knife and put it back in.

VERY true! My EX MIL is one of "those". I very rarely ate anything she cooked! I am not a germaphobe but BLECH!!!!