PDA

View Full Version : ***Let it snow* Let it snow*Let it snow***

Quaker_Parrots
12-04-2009, 06:30 AM
No school today. The news predicted 1"-3" and we got upwards of 10" of snow dumped on us. They have been wrong all week with their predictions.

This is the first big snow of the season. This time last year we already had 2 feet of snow.

Anyone else have their kids home this morning?

xsweetestx
12-04-2009, 07:20 AM
we got maybe 1/2 in..lol...you can have it all lol...

may1792
12-04-2009, 07:33 AM
No school today. The news predicted 1"-3" and we got upwards of 10" of snow dumped on us. They have been wrong all week with their predictions.

This is the first big snow of the season. This time last year we already had 2 feet of snow.

Anyone else have their kids home this morning?

Where are you at?

sunniekiss
12-04-2009, 08:36 AM
Don't even SAY the "S" word :) It's 48 & sunny here today but I hear we may get some of the white stuff tomorrow morning. Great since it is one of the few Saturdays I work.

ahippiechic
12-04-2009, 08:39 AM
I'm so glad my DD doesn't even know what a 'snow day' is! :D

sunniekiss
12-04-2009, 09:02 AM

Oh then I am moving in with you. I really HATE snow.:)

bmt2789
12-04-2009, 10:03 AM
It never snows down here :( ... There's been a slight drizzle of the stuff for 2 days (different years), but it was water when it touched teh ground.

justme23
12-04-2009, 10:48 AM
We were supposed to get a "dusting" this morning but it moved further south and we didn't. I've lived in Texas my entire life and this is the first time I remember it ever snowing before January... even though we didn't see it, Dallas got the dusting... their second this week.

3lilpigs
12-04-2009, 11:14 AM
I LOVE SNOW!!!!!!!

BRING IT ON BABY....BRING IT ON!!!:wings:wings

:rofl:

janelle
12-04-2009, 01:03 PM

Don't the kids ever get it's too hot days? When we were out there in June and went outside I was like ouch, owww, dang hot hot hot. Walk fast to the car, don't want to touch the car. Sit down on seat, ouch, turn on the AC, owww, ouch, owww.

cathych
12-04-2009, 01:06 PM
Where I live since 1979 it has snowed 3 times. Whenever there is a threat of snow flurries, they close the city down. It is really pathetic.

msginna
12-04-2009, 01:13 PM
grrrrrrrrrrrrrr there is a small amount of snow here and it is colddddddd

Jenefer3
12-04-2009, 01:52 PM
I LOVE SNOW!!!!!!!

BRING IT ON BABY....BRING IT ON!!!:wings:wings

:rofl:

That's how I feel too! We don't get a lot of snow, but last year we had like 2 weeks of it, which was really weird. They're saying this Wednesday we're supposed to have snow! I hope it happens!

cathych
12-04-2009, 06:02 PM
bbbbrrr makes me cold just thinking about it. I will take the beach any day.

Quaker_Parrots
12-04-2009, 06:42 PM
Where are you at?

West Michigan. Darn Lake Effect crap anyway, lol.

freeby4me
12-04-2009, 06:48 PM

Oh jeez, I feel so terrible for you! Its only been light dusting here (the first knuckle of your pointer finger, on the lake is where I live, well, maybe its more by your fingernail) but I just know its coming.
Hope you dig out quick!

Oh, no school here either today, but it was Records Day.

DreamWarrior
12-07-2009, 03:23 PM

well no wonder you got dumped on! LOL We are under a winter storm warning here in north central Missouri from midnight tonight til 6 a.m. Wednesday morning. expecting anywhere from 8 to 12 inches... NOT looking forward to that!!

I feel for you though. I used to live in Clear Lake Iowa. There is a 36000 acre lake there and we would get lake effect snow sometimes, granted, not nearly as bad as you get it, but it got pretty hairy out there sometimes.

And I agree.. when it snows, its like common sense goes along with the wind... EVERYONE forgets how to drive... its like they have NEVER driven on snow before.. even though it happens EVERY year.. LOL

freeby4me
12-07-2009, 03:45 PM
well no wonder you got dumped on! LOL We are under a winter storm warning here in north central Missouri from midnight tonight til 6 a.m. Wednesday morning. expecting anywhere from 8 to 12 inches... NOT looking forward to that!!

I feel for you though. I used to live in Clear Lake Iowa. There is a 36000 acre lake there and we would get lake effect snow sometimes, granted, not nearly as bad as you get it, but it got pretty hairy out there sometimes.

And I agree.. when it snows, its like common sense goes along with the wind... EVERYONE forgets how to drive... its like they have NEVER driven on snow before.. even though it happens EVERY year.. LOL

Im on watch from tomorrow night until Thursday morning for that same system lol anywhere from 6-13 inches when its all done.
yea, nice.
and so it begins. someone really honked off old man winter this year.

Quaker_Parrots
12-07-2009, 04:42 PM
I work part time as a merchandiser. My farthest store is 40 miles away through a county that doesnt like to clean it's roads. I scheduled so I will be home before the worst of it hits tomorrow afternoon/ evening. Dont have to get back out till thursday or friday if I dont want to.

Old man winter, quite frankly, can bite me, lol.

msginna
12-11-2009, 09:42 AM
we still don't have any new snow but it is like 0 degrees out!

mikang
12-13-2009, 03:04 AM
Everyone that doesn't want the snow you can send it my way!! I live in Arkansas and it snows about once or maybe twice a year. When it does snow we only get a dusting and by the afternoon it's gone bye bye. We usually get the ice and i hate that! I used to live in Colorado and I loved the snow. I sure do miss it. You all just start blowing that snow my way, lol!!!

Quaker_Parrots
12-13-2009, 04:49 AM
My kids so far have had a 5 day weekend. They are hoping at this point for 6...

3lilpigs
12-13-2009, 08:48 AM
grrrrrrrrrrrrrr there is a small amount of snow here and it is colddddddd

Yep, snow is usually cold. Otherwise it's just warm water. :D