PDA

View Full Version : Adam Lambert’s scheduled appearance on ABC’s Good Morning America tomorrow has been canceled

sunflowers
11-24-2009, 04:05 PM
Adam Lambert’s scheduled appearance on ABC’s Good Morning America tomorrow has been canceled following his controversial performance at Sunday night’s American Music Awards, aired by the same network. An ABC spokesperson sent EW the following statement: “Given his controversial American Music Awards performance, we were concerned about airing a similar concert so early in the morning.”

Instead, the Idol runner-up and general pop culture lightning rod will be moving over to CBS’s Early Show, his publicist tells EW.

UPDATE: A spokeswoman for CBS has confirmed that Lambert will be discussing his AMAs appearance on the Early Show tomorrow as well as performing, and will also appear on the network again that night on David Letterman.

janelle
11-24-2009, 06:32 PM
Not sure what he did. O'Reilly is going to discuss it in a moment and I will learn.

sunflowers
11-24-2009, 06:37 PM
kissed a guy on stage at the AMA's they didnt play it though it was censored out...
Kinda like Brit and Madonna

NasCat
11-24-2009, 07:04 PM
It's all such a crock. I have seen soooo much worse on other shows. And GMA is on early in the morning, the AMA's were on at night, Adam was last, so he would have been on around 11 pm. I doubt if many small kids were watching it, just as I doubt a lot of them are into GMA. I will watch him on CBS.

gmyers
11-24-2009, 08:56 PM
Not sure what he did. O'Reilly is going to discuss it in a moment and I will learn.

He also rubbed a mans face on his crotch and led a woman around the stage with a chain around her neck. Real classy.

janelle
11-24-2009, 11:10 PM
They showed a small part. Yes, it was really lewd but most singers now are lewd and trashy. If they are talented why do they need to sex it up.

tarasdream
11-25-2009, 07:15 AM
he got on his kness and acted like he was doing oral sex on a guy, plus kissed another guy. im sure glad he wasnt picked as the american idol because thats not a good role model for kids

sunflowers
11-27-2009, 06:18 PM
http://www.cbs.com/daytime/the_early_show/video/?pid=O7rjsxMeIDGBasAaGzqeSgjmN_pkxf4_

ElleGee
11-27-2009, 08:07 PM
Yeah like soap operas that are on during the day aren't trashy... It's a load of bull crap is what it is. Pulling false morals out their a$$es when it suits them is what they are doing... But they have no qualms about showcasing politician REAL LIFE scandals and bring the dirt out about that nonsense. What Adam Lambert did was art.. Performance art on late night tv...

I don't watch GMA, never did and right now probably never will..

Not every artist is going to be a role model for kids. Or shoot to become a role model for kids.. There are artists that would rather showcase their art to an older crowd.. Like NasCat ;)

If your child is going to pick an American Idol for a role model you may as well set him/her up for failure now because other than Kelly Clarkson, not a one of the 'winners' made it big.. A lot of the ones voted off (Daughtry, Clay Aiken, et all) made it bigger than any other winner of AI..

sunflowers
11-27-2009, 08:14 PM
Yeah like soap operas that are on during the day aren't trashy... It's a load of bull crap is what it is. Pulling false morals out their a$$es when it suits them is what they are doing... But they have no qualms about showcasing politician REAL LIFE scandals and bring the dirt out about that nonsense. What Adam Lambert did was art.. Performance art on late night tv...

Not every artist is going to be a role model for kids. Or shoot to become a role model for kids.. There are artists that would rather showcase their art to an older crowd.. Like NasCat ;)

If your child is going to pick an American Idol for a role model you may as well set him/her up for failure now because other than Kelly Clarkson, not a one of the 'winners' made it big.. A lot of the ones voted off (Daughtry, Clay Aiken, et all) made it bigger than any other winner of AI..
Carrie Underwood has done pretty good...

gmyers
11-27-2009, 08:30 PM

If thats art I'd hate to see what they consider smut. Not every thing people do is art. Some of its just trashy.

ElleGee
11-27-2009, 08:37 PM
Yeah but that's 2 out of 8 or 9 seasons.. Taylor Hicks went no where, Ruben Studdard lost his contract not even 6 months after becoming AI

Hear about anyone else making it? Fantasia? Dropped.... Jordin Sparks? Nada.. except for the 'purity ring' episode on the MTV MA that involved Russel Brand.. And wtf is Kris Allen? Hear anything from Him(or her idfk what it is tbh)

I see more from the losers than I do the winners here tbh

*Jennifer Hudson was a 'loser' and won a freaking oscar

ElleGee
11-27-2009, 08:40 PM
If thats art I'd hate to see what they consider smut. Not every thing people do is art. Some of its just trashy.

And that is YOUR perception on things.. I see it differently coming from a family with an extensive art background (and I do mean extensive)... You see trashy.. I see progressive art..

It's all a matter of what you perceive... One size does not fit all in the art world *shrug

pepperpot
11-27-2009, 09:03 PM
Hugh Hefner has done a ton of 'art' as well......:rolleyes:......

This guy did what he did for the 'shock' value and publicity....end of story IMHO. He'll be lining the bottom of the bunny cage next week.

gmyers
11-27-2009, 09:04 PM
That kind of "art" the world can do without. I guess anything thats trashy can be called art but that doesn't make it art. I hope it backfires on him and people don't buy his music if you can call it that.

ahippiechic
11-27-2009, 09:07 PM
But others have done the same and nothing was said. If it's wrong, it's wrong, no matter who does it.

As for any AI being a role model for kids, LMFAO! Or any 'star' for that matter. Why would one hold them to a higher standard than some 'regular Joe (or Jane)?

ahippiechic
11-27-2009, 09:09 PM
That kind of "art" the world can do without. I guess anything thats trashy can be called art but that doesn't make it art. I hope it backfires on him and people don't buy his music if you can call it that.

There's a lot types of art that I don't get. Or just don't like or think it's trashy. That doesn't mean it isn't art.

gmyers
11-27-2009, 09:09 PM
I definitely don't think of him as a role model for anyone much less children. If things like that are art then no thanks I'm definitely not interested in "art"

ElleGee
11-27-2009, 09:16 PM
Hugh Hefner has done a ton of 'art' as well......:rolleyes:......

This guy did what he did for the 'shock' value and publicity....end of story IMHO. He'll be lining the bottom of the bunny cage next week.

Yeah and how much has Hefner gotten for his type of 'art'? He isn't doing too badly since his "art" sells... And Hefner is worth more than you, me and most of us here put together...

TBH I don't see Adam Lambert lining bunny cages any time soon.. Not only does he do good with the 'shock factor' as you call it (b/c people are talking and talking and talking about it incessantly) but the boy can sing like a mofo and has a following already... And his following has tons of 'members'

So all GMA did by banning him from GMA it only made people more interested in who he is and why he is such a fuss.. Which means a youtube vid being played or a song of his being downloaded... it's a win win for him...

pepperpot
11-27-2009, 09:27 PM
Yeah and how much has Hefner gotten for his type of 'art'? He isn't doing too badly since his "art" sells... And Hefner is worth more than you, me and most of us here put together...

Perhaps monetarily....but that's about it.

TBH I don't see Adam Lambert lining bunny cages any time soon.. Not only does he do good with the 'shock factor' as you call it (b/c people are talking and talking and talking about it incessantly) but the boy can sing like a mofo and has a following already... And his following has tons of 'members'

So all GMA did by banning him from GMA it only made people more interested in who he is and why he is such a fuss.. Which means a youtube vid being played or a song of his being downloaded... it's a win win for him...

Agreed, that no publicity is bad publicity....but you can only shock so many people, so many times without it being backed up by talent and wide appeal. Cheap stunt? Time will tell.

In the meanwhile, yes, he's making money....doesn't make him a 'quality person'. JMO

IMO Money doesn't make the person. And hearing of his antics, has not endeared me nor has it piqued my interest in this person. :shrug: Funny how the mention of his name brings to mind gutteral antics and not talent or a melody of quality or a 'top tune'. :shrug: But, he'll make money from it. :agree

ElleGee
11-27-2009, 09:36 PM
Meh... I don't need to argue about it or whatever since I 'get it' :agree

Monetary or not Hefner's name will live on after he does... :agree

Much like Warhol who was also avant garde but hey, who's counting

If you're looking for a 'quality person' then Adam Lambert is more artiste provocateur than role model.. Obv. Which people in the art circle are looking for..The different and the new

I made the point I was trying to make and quite honestly I am done.. 'talking to walls' and such :)

Ciao

pepperpot
11-27-2009, 09:46 PM
Okay, you're enlightened....you 'get it'.... I guess having to 'hide' your 'real' performance during rehearsal so one can 'expose' their true art (rubbing one's face into crotches) is very sophisticated and should be admired.

BTW Hefner, made his millions off of horny men, not 'art enthusiasts'. :rolleyes:

ETA: Warhol may have been, certainly was, avant garde in his time, but I don't recall him taking his 'art' to the gutter.....but he was 'out of the box' (or can).
http://z.about.com/d/arthistory/1/7/3/f/broad_inaugural_28.jpg;)

gmyers
11-27-2009, 09:49 PM
Thats whats wrong with the world today people think anything is art. I saw once someone put something in a toilet and called it art. And people make fun of people that do that in their front yards. I guess its art when rich people do it but trailer trash when regular people do it. Or peeing in a jar and putting a crucifix in it. That was called art too. Too me its just nuts.

gmyers
11-27-2009, 09:53 PM
Okay, you're enlightened....you 'get it'.... I guess having to 'hide' your 'real' performance during rehearsal so one can 'expose' their true art (rubbing one's face into crotches) is very sophisticated and should be admired.

BTW Hefner, made his millions off of horny men, not 'art enthusiasts'. :rolleyes:

ETA: Warhol may have been, certainly was, avant garde in his time, but I don't recall him taking his 'art' to the gutter.....but he was 'out of the box' (or can).
http://z.about.com/d/arthistory/1/7/3/f/broad_inaugural_28.jpg;)

Yeah I don't consider rubbing your face in someones crotch as art either. But I guess some do. Go figure.

pepperpot
11-27-2009, 09:58 PM
The bottom line is, he may or may not be talented, but the addition of his antics in the show was for the sole purpose of 'publicity' (attention) and not 'art'. Unnecessary for someone who has true talent. :shrug

whatever
11-28-2009, 08:44 AM
Okay I'm just reading this for the first time. And Here is my take. I see the kiss as NO big deal. They didn't make a big thing when madonna did it with Brit. Plus daytime soaps does it with two guys.
Now I haven't see a clip of the him grabbing a crotch or whatever or if it looked like he was giving oral sex that to me that IS over the top.
But what does that have to do with going on a differnent program the next day? I would think he would be smart enough not to do it on that show....?
I personally cant stand the guy. But I do think SOME of his "act" was blown out of context.

whatever
11-28-2009, 08:47 AM
Thats whats wrong with the world today people think anything is art. I saw once someone put something in a toilet and called it art. And people make fun of people that do that in their front yards. I guess its art when rich people do it but trailer trash when regular people do it. Or peeing in a jar and putting a crucifix in it. That was called art too. Too me its just nuts.

Yeah know your right. If a rich person put a toliet in their front yard with flowers in it its art. A poor person does it, its white trash. Double standard.

sunflowers
12-03-2009, 11:33 AM
ABC Cancels Additional Adam Lambert Appearances
Dec. 3, 2009, 1:44 AM EST
Entertainment Tonight
The repercussions for Adam Lambert's controversial performance at the American Music Awards just keep on coming. The singer confirms that ABC has cancelled his two upcoming appearances on the network -- "Jimmy Kimmel Live!" and "New Year's Rockin' Eve."

Lambert tweeted, "Yes, sadly friends, ABC has cancelled my appearances on Kimmel and NYE. :( don't blame them. It's the FCC heat." Following his AMA performance in which he kissed his male keyboardist and exhibited suggestive choreography, ABC cut him from the "Good Morning America" lineup. He instead was invited to appear as a guest on CBS' "The Early Show."

gmyers
12-04-2009, 12:26 PM
I don't know why he doesan't just trust his ability as a singer and not have to resort to doing what he did. I haven't heard him sing that much but he must have talent or he wouldn't have almost won american idol.