PDA

View Full Version : Are you giving less, buying less this year?

buglebe
11-21-2009, 05:38 PM
We are giving our children money this year. Our children are all grown. We will buy toys for the grandchildren. This is the first time I haven't bought lots of presents for everyone. It is going to be a very different Christmas but I think we will enjoy being with each other without the stress of shopping and wondering if everyone is going to like their gifts. We are also doing an angel off the angel tree from where our daughter works, she is doing one too. But we will still be leaving less money in the stores this year. All of our children need the money more than the gifts and they can buy what they need.

jasmine
11-21-2009, 05:42 PM
It's hard all over....... my gosh, I havn't even started shopping. Don't want to think about it. It will be a very small christmas.

sunniekiss
11-21-2009, 05:42 PM
kids are grown & no grandbabies(wheew) so just buying for the 2 boys, my Mom & my son's g/f but it is going to be a very small Christmas this year.

If I have to spend $3,500 on a BRCA test then forget Christmas.

ahippiechic
11-21-2009, 07:04 PM
We're spending more this year than last.

speedygirl
11-21-2009, 07:08 PM
We're spending more as well. This year I'm buying my DS airfare to come home for Christmas as well as the presents.

Jenefer3
11-21-2009, 07:51 PM
I don't know if I'm spending more or less yet. I haven't even looked at the receipts lol I have a few presents already wrapped and ready...just need the dang tree farm to open up. I know that I'm buying more "necessity" type of gifts like clothes, bedroom stuff, etc. I'm thinking Santa is going to bring the girls Ipod touches, my son a Wii or some other game system, and possibly new phones for the girls.

Heidi
11-21-2009, 08:34 PM
For us it is about the same, maybe a little more. Thankfully we have not been hit by the economy with our jobs, but I know we will be receiving less. Personally I'd be just fine with receiving nothing knowing that the in-laws & parents can't really afford it. I do know that I have already purchased more for Toys 4 Tots than I ever have before.

krisharry
11-21-2009, 08:49 PM
Def. buying more and def. giving more-the need is great this year.

Taterbo
11-21-2009, 08:57 PM
I think about the same as last year..Buy am buying things folks have asked for or really need..vs..want...No fluff stuff... we all have tooooooooo much stuff...Giving practical things.

Anniston
11-21-2009, 09:25 PM
Well, for DH and DS, I am spending less. But that is really because we bought a Wii a few weeks ago. So, no "biggie" gifts for them after that purchase...I say that but will get bit by the bug around Dec 15th!

For my dad, I planned to skip the "big" gift, since I really couldn't think of anything that he would need that is "big". But, last Saturday, I was at Walmart, and they had $200 grills on clearance for $50. So, Dad's big gift is the grill.

Airbuswife
11-21-2009, 10:27 PM
I think about the same as last year..Buy am buying things folks have asked for or really need..vs..want...No fluff stuff... we all have tooooooooo much stuff...Giving practical things.

yep, i'm with you on this totally! my budget is whatever i want to spend, but this year will be more towels, kitchen stuff, clothes, etc... like you said, no fluff stuff! :)