PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone catch Oprah's show with the death row guy and his victims' families?

Anniston
11-15-2009, 03:22 PM
Just wondering if anyone saw this and what you thought of it.

I thought it was strange and am wishing to talk to someone who has seen it.

justme23
11-17-2009, 06:09 PM
I saw it... why strange?

Anniston
11-18-2009, 12:29 PM
It was strange that at the end, the niece (the one at the far left of the stage) engaged the killer in conversation about how shy Matt, the young man was, and to me it was almost as if they were estranged family just catching up...but estranged for a reason much less serious than murder. Also when the killer said that the girl on the far right looks just like her mom, the other woman agreed with him. The conversation was just too "comfy". Does that make sense?

The niece on the end almost seemed more intrigued than pissed off. The two females kept saying they did not think he should die. They just kept repeating that. I think they could have just said one time that they are against the death penalty, and left it at that.

justme23
11-18-2009, 05:35 PM
mmm... maybe it was because they had let go of the anger... and he had been their uncle. I don't know, I've never been in that situation so there's not anyway I could understand it... but I suppose I agree w/ you a little that the "familiarity" with the killer of their family was a little strange.

Only_save
11-30-2009, 12:20 AM
I liked it...