PDA

View Full Version : Anyone trying to find Zhu Zhu??

sunflowers
10-30-2009, 09:14 AM
I think this is going to be the hot toy this Christmas...My sister has me looking for them and they sell out w/ in minutes of being put on the shelves...

http://zhuzhupets.com/

loris520
10-30-2009, 09:24 AM
They have some on Ebay but they want an arm and a leg for them. You are right though they are the must have toy this year.

sunflowers
10-30-2009, 09:28 AM
craigslist is outrageous too

loris520
10-30-2009, 09:33 AM
I know,people will do anything to make a quick buck...

Explorer 4x4'r
10-30-2009, 10:00 AM
why not buy a real hamster?

sunflowers
10-30-2009, 10:14 AM

Well it is for a 5 yr...and her sisters already
have a gerbal, and a guinea pig...

3lilpigs
10-30-2009, 10:31 AM

this one you don't have to feed, clean up after, be awaken in the middle of the night by it, and when you're tired of it, it won't smell if you shove it under your bed.:rofl:

loris520
10-30-2009, 10:37 AM
There is NO way I would pay 320.00 even if it is the whole set.

Zhu Zhu Pets COMPLETE SET Hamsters & Acessories - $320 (Suwanee)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One stop Christmas shopping for the "TOY OF THE SEASON." This is a complete set of the very hard to find Zhu Zhu hamsters and accessories that make one giant hamster city!

ZHU ZHU PETS
HUGE LOT / COMPLETE SET!
• INCLUDES ALL FOUR ZHU ZHU HAMSTERS (white, brown, grey, yellow)
• GIANT HAMSTER FUN HOUSE
• HAMSTERMOBILE & GARAGE
• HAMSTER WHEEL & TUNNEL
• ADVENTURE BALL
• SURFBOARD AND SLEEP DOME
• HAMSTER CARRIER
• HAMSTER BED
• TWO COZY HAMSTER BLANKETS
• SPIRAL SLIDE & RAMP
• SK8BOARD & U-TURN

I CHATTER, SCATTER, SCOOT N SCURRY LIKE A REAL HAMSTER!!
COLLECT AND CONNECT ALL OF THE ZHU ZHU PET ACCESSORIES TO MAKE A HUMONGOUS HAMSTER CITY!
EACH ZHU ZHU HAMSTER HAS ITS OWN UNIQUE PERSONALITY & WHIMSICAL SOUNDS!
LOVING MODE: PET THEM, LOVE THEM HEAR THEM CHATTER.
EXPLORE MODE: LET THEM SCOOT, SCAMPER, BUMP N BOOGIE ACROSS THE FLOOR OR THROUGH THEIR HAMSTER HABITTAT.
COLLECT THE WHOLE HAMSTER-RIFIC GANG

ttistin
10-30-2009, 10:54 AM
I have never even heard of it before. My dd turned 8 today and she has never mentioned them before. From the looks of trying to find one at a decent price I am glad she hasn't lol

Explorer 4x4'r
10-30-2009, 11:36 AM
this one you don't have to feed, clean up after, be awaken in the middle of the night by it, and when you're tired of it, it won't smell if you shove it under your bed.:rofl:

I just spit on the comp screen!

those prices are insane!

kinda like when the furby's first came out. (yup got one, but gave it away)

I got the original first tickle me Elmo; still unplayed with in the original box.

sunflowers
10-30-2009, 12:02 PM
Well if you can get them from the store directly they arent bad...like $10/$15 animal and $20/$25 for accessories...

Explorer 4x4'r
10-30-2009, 12:09 PM
found this:

I have 1 of the Zhu Zhu white hampster pets (Chunk). I had orginally bought this for my neice but my sil found her one. It is up for grabs.

I am selling it for $20 paypal (existing funds only) plus shipping.

Please email me at stacycasey@gmail.com if interested.

Thanks
Stacy

newwiccan
10-30-2009, 12:29 PM
These are one of three things my 5 year old asked for and I couldn't find them anywhere. My husband is in AZ and got up early today and went to Target and WalMart looking for them. He found the hamsters at Walmart. I had lucked out and found a few of the accessories last week.

Airbuswife
10-30-2009, 12:56 PM
found this:

I have 1 of the Zhu Zhu white hampster pets (Chunk). I had orginally bought this for my neice but my sil found her one. It is up for grabs.

I am selling it for $20 paypal (existing funds only) plus shipping.

Please email me at stacycasey@gmail.com if interested.

Thanks
Stacy

i would LOVE to have this but i'm out of paypal :( would you accept cash or a money order or an e-check ?

dangerousfem
10-30-2009, 01:23 PM
I am going to check my walmart this weekend.. if they have them I would be glad to ship them to who ever needs them... just pay actual cost plus shipping

Airbuswife
10-30-2009, 02:48 PM
I am going to check my walmart this weekend.. if they have them I would be glad to ship them to who ever needs them... just pay actual cost plus shipping

that would be AWESOME if you could find me some! bella has always loved animals and has wanted these from months ago when the first commercials came on. if i would have known these were going to be the big Christmas toy, i would have bought them back then. D'OH!

sunflowers
10-30-2009, 02:53 PM
the lady at my walmart told me if your not standing there when they put them out then good luck!!(but you may get lucky if your in a small town)
Darn dealers buy them up and thats not fair...

it should be limited to 1 a person...

Explorer 4x4'r
10-30-2009, 04:47 PM
i would LOVE to have this but i'm out of paypal :( would you accept cash or a money order or an e-check ?

this sin't my listing listing.
I found it elsewhere.

shellysms
10-31-2009, 11:24 AM
I look for these everywhere, and everytime I go shopping..If i ever find them..i'm buying all of them...LOL MAN..it's crazy...I will not pay the crazy prices that ebay and craigslist people have them for... BUT hopefully, i'll find some!!

diana_circe
11-01-2009, 07:38 AM
Hey, I would definitely buy that for my kids if the prices weren't insane. The kids keep asking for things like hamsters, but there is no way I think they'd take care of it. Now that, no feeding, no changing the cage, great idea!

Urban Cowgirl
11-01-2009, 04:53 PM
I have found the 4 hamsters, the house, the surfboard set and the garage.

I am now debating on giving them my dd cause I wonder how much she will play with them.

If I don't end up giving them to her then I will offer them to a friend who is looking (for what I paid....reg retail) if she doesn't want them, I will return them. Not jacking up prices to sell them here.

sunflowers
11-05-2009, 08:58 AM
I saw on another forum that walmart will have these in an ad Sunday morning so they are holding some back to have on shelves for Sunday???

Worth a shot if we still cant find them by then...

Memedav
11-06-2009, 04:58 AM
I saw these at Walmart yesterday, but I didn't really check the prices, etc. My kids mentioned them once or twice months ago but haven't really said much else. I'll check and post when I go to Walmart later today.

DAVESBABYDOLL
11-06-2009, 05:21 AM
I have never even heard of it before. My dd turned 8 today and she has never mentioned them before. From the looks of trying to find one at a decent price I am glad she hasn't lol

Ditto

Memedav
11-07-2009, 09:06 AM
Well Walmart must have heard that I was coming because they had nothing yesterday. I'm going back today to take my brother shopping, will check again and let you know if I find anything....just hoping my kids don't see them and decide to put them on their list

sunflowers
11-07-2009, 12:53 PM
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y97/wklsunflower/Untitled-7.jpg

nightrider127
11-07-2009, 03:05 PM
I have searched and searched for those darn hamsters and can't find them anywhere. I am just about fed up looking for them. The manufacturer knowes what is going on and doesn't seem to care one bit. I do have a couple of accessories so far but if I can't find the hamster, they will be worthless and will be going back to Walmart (yes, I kept the receipts). Maybe if the company that makes the outfit gets enough accessories back, they will learn a lesson about making sure the one thing that you need to make it work is readily available.

Urban Cowgirl
11-07-2009, 04:14 PM
If I were you I'd wait it out until after BF. I have all 4,but I am thinking about returning them. I am wondering what the longevity of this toy will be. Is it going to hold her interest....MY dd will play with legos for HOURS...thinking I should spend my money on those instead.

shellysms
11-07-2009, 04:15 PM
i just called our local toys r us....they don't even have them yet..they are hoping that the night truck deliveries them for tomorrow? why post all that info if they don't even know if they will have them or not.. grrr
so i'm going to check walmart on the way there...i'm hoping they will have some

sunflowers
11-08-2009, 06:32 AM
My sister went at midnight to walmart since they are in the ad for today they got 4 limit 2 a person(her and hubby) should have been limit 1 since there was a huge line and some got none...

well now the hunt in on for the accessories...lol

OmaLisa
11-08-2009, 06:37 AM
I am really upset with Wal Mart. They have the Zhu Zhu's advertised on the front page of this weeks ad for $8.00. I was at Wal Mart at 6:40 this morning and they are out! The guy said they put them out at midnight last night and they were already gone. He said they only got 2 cases in and they have a hard time getting them in. I have a feeling there are employees getting there hands on these.

WTH Wal Mart!!! If you know you have a hard time getting a product in WTH do you put it on the front page of your flyer???? I mean seriously.

I really want to get my 3 year old grandaughter one of these for Christmas and it looks like it's going to be impossible.

sunflowers
11-08-2009, 07:23 AM
they put them out at 1200am and at 1201 they were gone not by employees but my the lines of people who were standing there..there was a limit of 2 per person . The store my sister stood in line at had 1 case so only the first 7 in line got them the others were turned away...luckly at 1130 the manager came out and counted who wanted and then told the other what he had so they could go home...

MistyWolf
11-08-2009, 12:21 PM

If you knew how many hampsters the girl next door has been through, you'd know why not a real hampster! She even lost one in my house .. I am sure with 3 cats that he's gone .. lol.

poggles3
11-08-2009, 04:17 PM
None at any of our Walmarts either, ofcourse the gouging has begun on Craigslist, $25 for the animals and $40 for their accessory sets. My kids have no interest in these, so far, thank goodness.

Eyore
11-08-2009, 05:54 PM
I'm not looking for them but I was in Toysrus today and I walked down the isle they were in and they were sold out. They also had signs up 1 per customer per day.

ilikefree
11-09-2009, 07:15 AM
Makes me so mad! My sister is looking for these for her kids. So I went to our small-town Wal-Mart when they opened at 7:00 yesterday morning. My son and I walked in at 7 right at opening time and they already had a line at the service desk. It wasn't a really long line so I figured we might get lucky and get one or two. Of course, the guy in front of us got the last one :( Then I heard one lady talking to someone she was with and said, "What are these?" The person she was with told her and the first lady said, "I don't know what they are or who I'd give them to." But she got them anyway after the other lady told her to hold onto them, she'd be glad she did. Grrrrrrrrrrrr!!!

Jolie Rouge
11-10-2009, 06:27 AM
Can't find the hot new toy? Blame the economy
Where's my hamster? With inventories thin, holiday shelves are already going empty
By Anne D'Innocenzio, AP Retail Writer
On 4:39 pm EST, Monday November 9, 2009

NEW YORK (AP) -- Robotic toy hamsters, the latest Barbie dolls and stylish boots are disappearing from store shelves as holiday shoppers start to get serious. But don't confuse this with the days of Tickle Me Elmo.

Instead of a throwback to great buying binges of the past, the empty shelves are just another sign of bad times. The shortages come from stores that are terrified of ordering too much and are keeping their inventories thin. "I guess if you see it, you should get it," said Martha Frey, who was surprised when she couldn't find a specific style of boots in a popular size for her 17-year-old daughter recently at a Top Shop in Manhattan's SoHo district.

Shoppers are spending a little more these days, but they aren't going on buying sprees. Stores, remembering how Americans snapped their wallets shut last holiday season, didn't order big piles of merchandise in the first place.

The result, with seven weeks to go before Christmas, is that popular toys are already hard to find. In fact, the holiday season's early hit -- the Zhu Zhu Pets hamster, an interactive mechanical rodent by Cepia Inc. that sells for $9.99 and is being compared to Furby a decade ago -- is almost impossible to nab.

Other toys that are already becoming hard to find include Mattel's Mindflex, which measures brain activity through a helmet, a Nerf dart thrower called Nerf N Strike from Hasbro Inc. and Barbie Fashionista, who can twist her hips and strike other poses. "Stores just underordered across the board," said Jim Silver, an analyst at Timetoplaymag.com, who predicted shortages of the top 100 toys by early December. In a typical year, only the top 15 are in short supply that early.

In recent weeks toy makers have dispatched executives to China to make sure they get enough products to keep shelves full, Silver said. But production times can be long, and chances look slim that people who put off buying a coveted toy until Thanksgiving will be able to get one by Christmas.

Shoppers are starting to notice.

Tami Megal, a 36-year-old mother of girls ages 5 and 9 from Melville, N.Y., had to go to Toys R Us five times before she got her hands on Zhu Zhu Pets a month ago. But she's having a hard time finding the accessories, like the car, pet carrier and bed. "It's no use to just get the hamsters. You need the habitat," she said. Megal noted that overall worry about shortages has made her start her holiday shopping early. She's almost finished.

The barren shelves are in stark contrast to last year, when stores ordered too much and had to slap big discounts on merchandise as soon as it hit the floor. Holiday sales posted their biggest decline in at least three decades, and the results cascaded into poor profits and even the closings of prominent stores like Circuit City.

This year, inventory is 8 to 13 percent smaller for mid-price clothing, and 10 to 15 percent smaller for home furnishings, said Antony Karabus, CEO of Karabus Management, a retail advisory firm.

Stores would rather be out of stock than stuck with lots of leftovers. But they also know that merchants who carry goods shoppers want will have an edge. "No one wants to leave money on the table," said John Long, a retail strategist at Kurt Salmon Associates. "No one wants to disappoint customers."

October sales results showed that lean inventories have helped raise profits for stores, but they're also limiting sales. And many reported slower sales toward month's end as they ran out of clearance merchandise. Inventory is one of the biggest challenges stores face this holiday season, said Carl Steidtmann, an economist at Deloitte Research. Nevertheless, they're reordering only the best-selling items.

Even then, they may be out of luck. Manufacturers, particularly small ones, matched production to orders and don't have extras ready to ship. BaseCamp Adventure Outfitters in Basking Ridge, N.J., which sells outdoor clothing and gear, has sold out of a few styles of fleece jackets from brands like Horny Toad and Prana. The store can't get more until April. "Folks are coming in, and we are trying to reorder," said Nick Marotta, a sales associate. "But there is nothing to get."

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Cant-find-the-hot-new-toy-apf-1021624032.html?x=0

okie
11-10-2009, 09:36 PM
My 4 yr old daughter seen a commercial for these tonight and said she wanted them. I never knew what they were before I seen the commercial. Of course, the kids want everything they see on tv.

arcel
11-10-2009, 10:58 PM
i'm also looking for this one coz my daughter always reminding that she wants to have this for xmas.

cinmuvok
11-10-2009, 11:20 PM
bookmarked and b back l8er,i need more info, :-)

Organisme de credit immobilier maison de credit en ligne | (http://organismedecredit.org/)Organisme de credit a la consommation rachat | (http://organismedecredit.org/)organisme de credit en ligne (http://organismedecredit.org/organisme-de-credit/)

newwiccan
11-28-2009, 06:26 PM
Got this from TRU:

Get the Hottest Toy of the Year at Toys"R"Us
Be one of the FIRST 50 GUESTS at your local Toys"R"Us store TOMORROW MORNING NOV. 29th, when we open at 7am for your opportunity to purchase your child's very own Zhu Zhu Pet!*

Get there early.

This promotion is not available at Toys"R"us Holiday Express stores & Toys"R"Us Express at Babies"R"Us store. This promotion is available at Paramus, NJ stores on 11/30/09 at 8am.

TraGreg
11-29-2009, 11:54 AM
I have 2 kids that desperately want these if anyone finds them at their local store. I have paypal, plese let me know tragregz@gmail.com.

We would need 2 hamsters and the thing they crawl all over (I don't know much about these). We don't need the little beds or silly accessories.

Thanks!

Urban Cowgirl
11-29-2009, 01:55 PM
I have 2 kids that desperately want these if anyone finds them at their local store. I have paypal, plese let me know tragregz@gmail.com.

We would need 2 hamsters and the thing they crawl all over (I don't know much about these). We don't need the little beds or silly accessories.

Thanks!

fyi the "thing" they crawl all over is actually sold in several different segments.