PDA

View Full Version : ok, am i the only one...

Airbuswife
10-27-2009, 07:32 PM
am i the only one on facebook that doesnt just "accept" a friend request just cause someone sent me one?? i have people sending me requests, like an ex's sister wtf?? like this was an ex in the 80's!! and now my sil's sister wants to be "friends" and we dont really talk.

am i the only one that will only be "friends" on facebeook with people that i would actually be friends with in real life??? it doesnt matter to me how many friends i have on facebook, just that they are REAL friends, not just "cyber friends"

does that make sense to anyone???

msmom79
10-27-2009, 07:41 PM
sure does to me- i accept the ones i know,work with or have been friends with for a long time-the ones i dont know,i dont accept,its as easy as that

Licchl05
10-27-2009, 07:43 PM
nope you're not the only one :)

ahippiechic
10-27-2009, 09:22 PM
Most people who look me up from long ago or God forbid, high school. I didn't like to hang with you then, don't wanna see you on FB now. I deny them.

msmom79
10-27-2009, 09:29 PM
love your way of thinking hippie

Airbuswife
10-27-2009, 09:30 PM
Most people who look me up from long ago or God forbid, high school. I didn't like to hang with you then, don't wanna see you on FB now. I deny them.

i've accepted most of the requests from high school, but i know *exactly* what you are saying!

YankeeMary
10-27-2009, 09:58 PM
I won't accept people I don't know. I won't accept people I didn't like back in the day. Sometimes, I accept people I don't really care much for well kinda because keep your friends close but your enemies closer type thing...lol...KWIM??? LOL.

MistyWolf
10-27-2009, 11:16 PM
I accept ppl I don't know to play Mafia Wars, Drinking Wars and Mob Wars .. lol .. I actually joined a group for Mafia Wars and have met some nice ppl on there.

Other than that, if I didn't like you in HS or whatever and you look me up, I wont accept you.

baragabrat
10-28-2009, 05:54 AM
I've gone into the privacy part of Facebook and unless I know who you are, (now) you will never get to me. I am on Facebook so that I can see what my children post about their children. Just last night I watched a video of my 6 mos old granddaughter standing up. I don't think it was her first time, but close to it. I don't want to miss anything with them. I have maybe 7 friends.

Urban Cowgirl
10-28-2009, 05:59 AM
I have accepted friends from wayyyy back. We are at different points in our lives now and while we wouldn't be close its a neat way to be in touch. also I am friends with Jamie, we "met" on here and we have never met in person. But I like what I know about her and I think it wold be awesome to meet her sometime. We live within an hour of each other.

I won't accept a strangers request though or someone I really disliked.

3lilpigs
10-28-2009, 07:09 AM
It's all about numbers. Remember when MySpace first came out and everyone had to have hundreds...even thousands of friends??

Same with on here when the 'friend' option was added.

Some people think it's important. Just like the number of posts they have.

I don't have a Facebook account....so I don't have to worry about it. lol

The people in my past are there for a reason.

dinosmom
10-28-2009, 07:25 AM
I am very picky about whom I accept as a "friend" on Facebook. One of my rules is, if I didnt want to talk to them face to face, I dont want to "talk" to them on Facebook. I could care less about how many I do or dont have.

sunniekiss
10-28-2009, 08:42 AM
I haven't been on Facebook in ages but I keep getting invites via email to add some chick named Paris to my F/B account.
Like I want some chick named Paris who is postomg nude pictures of herself to be my friend. I think NOT!

3lilpigs
10-28-2009, 08:51 AM
Like I want some chick named Paris who is postomg nude pictures of herself to be my friend. I think NOT!

OH come on....nude people are people too!:rofl::rofl:

Sorry, couldn't resist. LOL