PDA

View Full Version : Tom Cruise, just shut your mouth and make movies....

jasmine
10-25-2009, 10:28 AM
http://www.popeater.com/2009/10/23/tom-cruise-suri-scandal/?icid=main|htmlws-main-n|dl2|link2|http%3A%2F%2Fwww.popeater.com%2F2009%2 F10%2F23%2Ftom-cruise-suri-scandal%2F

Tom Cruise Has Worst Week Ever
Posted Friday 23 October 02:41 PM By: Jo Piazza
370 Comments

Tom Cruise probably didn't get a memo warning him this week was going to suck. So we imagine his head is probably still spinning from all the abuse being heaped on him from every angle. First we find out that Cruise inspired Christian Bale's sociopath killer in 'American Psycho.'

Then blast from the past Bronson Pinchot, who starred with Cruise in the eighties classic 'Risky Business', spilled the fact that two decades ago Tom was "the biggest bore on the face of the planet" who made "constant homophobic comments" on set. And then Alec Baldwin had to go calling Tom out at the Elle Women in Hollywood Awards, telling him to take a $29 million pay cut in order to even up the pay-scale between men and women in Hollywood.

"Beating up on Tom Cruise has been one of Hollywood's favorite pastimes for a while - it stems from the combination of his incredibly high profile, random dating history and religious beliefs. When Alec Baldwin cracked a few jokes at Tom's expense recently at the Elle event, even Katie Holmes laughed," says PopWrap's Jarett Wieselman.

Now we do have to say that Cruise didn't do his public image any favors when he called a group of protesters outside a big Scientology gala in London a bunch of "squirrels...trapped in an electronic incident," but most of what went down over the past several days was largely outside of Cruise's control and now his camp has to scramble to make him likable again.

Of course, the Cruise public relations machine must have this process down pat by now.

Back in 2008 Cruise was able to overcome America's image of him as a couch-hopping past-his prime religious nut who hates on depressed pregnant women with his cameo as the ballsy, portly, sweaty studio exec Les Grossman in 'Tropic Thunder.'

Just by donning a fat suit and doing some bad white man dancing Cruise was able to make everyone forget all those times he lost it on 'Oprah'...and the 'Today' show...and 'Access Hollywood.'

Radio Host and author of 'The Cult of Celebrity' Cooper Lawrence thinks this time around Cruise needs to just shut his mouth and make movies.

"No one wants to hear what you have to say about any of this. Talk about your movies and that is all," Lawrence says. "Being a celebrity does not give you the right or the education to comment on every aspect of society. It is irresponsible when you know people around the world are listening to you and broadcasting your every single word."

Yes, Cruise could just lay low for awhile. But there is another strategy that just might give him the PR boost he needs.

Even though America thought Cruise was full-on bonkers when he almost broke Oprah's couch to declare his love for Katie Holmes, his marriage has given him the get out of jail free card that just keeps on giving...Suri Cruise.

"The smartest thing Tom Cruise has ever done is conceive Suri with his wife Katie Holmes. Sure her paternity/existence was in doubt for the first 4 months of her life, but all anyone can think of now when they see the two of them together is, 'awwww.'" Wieselman says.

"Seeing Tom play the doting dad really humanizes him in a way we've never witnessed before. So while he might still draw fire on his own, when Suri's sitting in Tom's arms, she becomes his scandal shield."

So at the end of the day, daddy may seem crazy but everyone loves them some Suri. So the quick fix for Cruise: Get working on Suri Part Deux.

NasCat
10-25-2009, 12:01 PM
He used to be one of my very favorite actors. Then he started losing it, and I lost interest. (Anyone else think he looks like "Lucas" on Days?)

3lilpigs
10-25-2009, 12:52 PM
spilled the fact that two decades ago Tom was "the biggest bore on the face of the planet"

He still is!!

I can't stand him....never have liked him.....never will. And having Suri makes no difference in my opinion of him at all.

Just by donning a fat suit and doing some bad white man dancing Cruise was able to make everyone forget all those times he lost it on 'Oprah'...and the 'Today' show...and 'Access Hollywood.'

I seriously doubt anyone is ever going to forget that couch incident. Especially when articles like this keep bringing it up. lol

Radio Host and author of 'The Cult of Celebrity' Cooper Lawrence thinks this time around Cruise needs to just shut his mouth and make movies.

Or just shut up and GO AWAY.

:rofl:

ElleGee
10-26-2009, 08:26 PM
He still is!!

I can't stand him....never have liked him.....

Every movie I have seen with him in it my first thought after the movie is "(Insert other actor here) would have done that role so much better.."

Jolie Rouge
10-26-2009, 08:32 PM
Every movie I have seen with him in it my first thought after the movie is "(Insert other actor here) would have done that role so much better.."

Every movie he is in ... he basicly plays the same character ... over and over ... and over

Kelsey1224
10-30-2009, 08:35 AM
I used to be a fan...not of his personal life so much...but liked most of his films. But, when he did the whole tirade against 'post partum depression' and revealed that he truly thought he was an expert on mental health...then I lost all interest. I cannot watch him in any film without thinking what a jacka$$ he is. I can no longer suspend disbelief and see him as the character in a film anymore. He is just a self-absorbed, thinks he knows it all, idiot and jerk.

mosdata1
10-30-2009, 09:25 AM
I will no longer pay to see any of his movies. I really think he is a big jerk. I would not pay to see Tropic Thunder simply because he was in it.

I have also taken to boycotting Morgan Freeman's movies. Ever since I heard he is in a relationship with his step-granddaughter, they say since she was 17, but I really doubt that. i figure they admitted to '17' because then she was 'legal'. I can't even look at any of his older stuff on TV.

UGH! Pretty soon I won't be paying for anyone's movies.

justme23
11-02-2009, 01:49 AM
That's the first time i've ever heard anything like that before about Morgan Freeman. That's disgusting. I'm not sure I'll be able to watch him anymore either. I can't find anything that says it's actually true, but there are many stories about it... and it's pretty gross.

Next thing you know... Whoopi will be saying it's ok because it's not "Rape Rape".

mosdata1
11-02-2009, 10:05 AM
That's the first time i've ever heard anything like that before about Morgan Freeman. That's disgusting. I'm not sure I'll be able to watch him anymore either. I can't find anything that says it's actually true, but there are many stories about it... and it's pretty gross.

Next thing you know... Whoopi will be saying it's ok because it's not "Rape Rape".

Oh geez, don't even get me started on that one!!!!!!!

I can't find the orig article I read about Morgan Freeman, but here's one from Huffington Post:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/07/10/edena-hines-morgan-freema_n_229070.html

whatever
11-02-2009, 03:00 PM
tom cruise is a freak in men's clothing. He somehow thinks he's god gift to acting and the world.
And don't get me started on Whoopi......

Carolina_E
01-17-2010, 04:19 AM
there are only two tom cruise movies that i like Rainman and Tropic thunder!!
infact i think tropic thunder (less grossman) was his best performance yet!

Carolina_E
01-20-2010, 10:43 AM
it is a shame what he has turned out to be ... before it used to be all about the acting, and now instead he is securing fame through scandals and religion