PDA

View Full Version : dont use this

katzenberg
10-23-2009, 04:44 PM
sentry pro xfi had put it on my nieces dog oh my .it cause him problems itching her could sleep acted like it was hurting him where we had put it sargent is company that makes it.so becare full of what you put on your animals for fleas.it could cost them there lifes or you end up with a big vet bill.

fleabones3
10-23-2009, 08:15 PM
My vet and my ex SIL ( who was a vet tech) told me NEVER NEVER put any of that store bought stuff on my pets, to only get flea/tick stuff from the vet. The stuff you can buy at walmart and such is toxic and could kill them. Even tho its pricier, always go with the frontline or advantage from a vet office.

dv8grl
10-24-2009, 03:40 AM
My vet and my ex SIL ( who was a vet tech) told me NEVER NEVER put any of that store bought stuff on my pets, to only get flea/tick stuff from the vet. The stuff you can buy at walmart and such is toxic and could kill them. Even tho its pricier, always go with the frontline or advantage from a vet office.
YES!!!!!!!!

Go to your vets office or online (dog.com, petfooddirect.com, etc..) for Frontline, Adavntix or Advantage!
Never use Hartz or Sergeant's.

cabby92
10-24-2009, 12:21 PM
I used it and when I found out it didn't work I still couldn't use teh good stuff for a month until the crap cleared out of his system. My poor dog had to suffer because they sell an unsafe product that doesn't work.

whatever
10-24-2009, 12:49 PM
Yeah my MIL used to buy that crap (or something similar) at walmart etc. I kept saying it doesn't work! And they always wondered why they had fleas. lol
Finally got her to order frontline.

Anniston
10-24-2009, 05:00 PM
I always use Frontline, but thanks for sharing. I did not realize how bad this other stuff was. I am sure others will benefit from this knowledge.

n2space
10-24-2009, 05:06 PM
Thank you for letting us know. I was wondering about it.

katzenberg
10-25-2009, 06:25 AM
we learned the hard way.never again.

diana_circe
10-25-2009, 07:06 AM
we learned the hard way too, a couple years ago one of the cats got out and broght fleas in, not sure of the brand, but my female cat got so sick she nearly died.