PDA

View Full Version : Paranormal Activity

Faithfully
10-23-2009, 11:53 AM
Has anyone seen this?
I plan on making the hour and a half trip to see it tomorrow, and wonder if the hype about it is worth the drive?
TIA

DreamWarrior
10-23-2009, 12:26 PM
Ive heard mixed reviews about it. I personally dont want to see it. I have lived a lot of that and have NO desire to see it on the big screen.

Shann
10-23-2009, 02:50 PM
As a fan of horror movies I was widely disappointed in this movie. It wasn't scary (to me.) Honestly it was quite boring til the last 10 or so minutes. If you don't mind watching a home movie quality film that just follows two people (one of which who has NO common sense ;) ) around, then this is the movie for you. :p

btw this should have been posted in the entertainment forum :p

Bahet
10-23-2009, 02:54 PM
:rofl: We don't have tv still so I haven't seen a commercial for anything since about the end of June. I thought you were asking if anyone has seen ghosts or UFOs or stuff like that. Then I wondered what sort of mega major news story I must have missed that there'd be something you'd drive 1 1/2 hours to go see.

PreciousDarlin
10-23-2009, 03:26 PM
A friend of mine said he actually fell asleep in the theater during the movie. While I want to see it, I'm not sure I would pay the money to go to the movies to see it when I've heard disappointing things about it. It does, however, have a 7.9/10 rating on imdb.

loris520
10-23-2009, 04:13 PM
Don't waste your time a few of our friends told us it was not a good movie.

Quaker_Parrots
10-23-2009, 04:25 PM
I heard it was like Blair Witch, and in my personal opinion, that movie sucked air...

buglebe
10-23-2009, 09:11 PM
Quaker Parrot, what kind of dog? He is very cute.

whatever
10-24-2009, 12:53 PM
last night is the first trailor I have even seen for it. And it looks really stupid.

dangerousfem
10-24-2009, 01:29 PM
My friend just saw it last night.. said it sucked big time... she was ready to leave after 30 minutes it was so bad.

Quaker_Parrots
10-24-2009, 03:44 PM
Quaker Parrot, what kind of dog? He is very cute.

She is a long hair miniture Dachshund. Her name is Lucy and I hand fed her and her siblings from a day old. Their Mama died. She is my baby and a very loving one at that. Every one else went to friends and family and I have visitation rights, lol.

Thanks for the kind words.

DrGrin
10-24-2009, 04:00 PM
How sad that they lost their mom, but it's great that you could save the puppies. I'd have been so attached to them after caring for them that I'd have demanded visitation rights too. :D

Quaker_Parrots
10-24-2009, 04:07 PM
Thanks. It was a very tough time. I vowed the puppies wouldnt die. I saved every last one of them. I also made sure they went to good homes, didnt take a dime for any of them. Heck, one of the new Mommies went to Europe for 2 weeks, and I got to baby sit one of them again.

I would have kept every one of them if I had the room and could have afforded it. I learned alot about newborn puppies I never knew before. I think it is even more work than newborn babies. Lots of lost sleep and worry. It was worth it, but never again.