PDA

View Full Version : computer help

ttistin
10-19-2009, 12:09 PM
The desktop is in trouble again lol somehow it got this on it. It has been a pain in the rear. It has a pop up saying it is windows security alert thing and I need to download(purchase) this thing to correct it. Have a million popups saying windows security blocked this or that and to take immediate action to fix it. Keeps putting things on the desktop (very adult things)

I did not click on anything, I had to use laptop to look it up on google and found out it is a bad thing. I put it in safe mode and ran Malware, it found 14 things. Deleted them, restarted it and then ran it again. Found 4 more, deleted them. I had to do a restore on it with the restore disk.

It does not have the popups anymore so that is good but it is still on the computer. In my programs I can see that the windows security thing is still there (it is not the normal one)

How can I get this off it? I am thinking I am going to have to do a complete system restore. I really do not want to if there is another way. Can anyone help me?

whatever
10-19-2009, 02:56 PM
I would do a system restore and I would go back probably a few day, maybe a week to be sure. I know this morning the first thing I clicked on it has a trojan horse attached and avast didn't catch it. These things are getting craftier.

ElleGee
10-19-2009, 03:01 PM
If you are comfortable messing with your registry I would get a program like regcleaner and have it look for what you googled and you can remove it.. A system restore does not guarantee that it will remove the file.

DrGrin
10-19-2009, 04:24 PM
Go to majorgeeks.com and ask them. They have great (free) tech advice, and often can provide instructions on manual removal of stuff like that without having to do a system restore.

ttistin
10-19-2009, 06:00 PM
Thank you for the advice, I will look into it tomorrow.

Jenefer3
10-19-2009, 07:53 PM
That's a virus of some sort. My daughter's laptop got it on it and the tech support from her school said to run the malwarebytes thing to remove it and if that didn't work, to call them back and they'd help out. Thankfully malwarebytes did work for it and it hasn't had the problem since.

We have ccleaner also, someone on here recommended it. Seems to work well.