PDA

View Full Version : i HATE

Licchl05
10-10-2009, 11:18 PM
Cold season! For the 2nd night in a row Chloe's awake @ 2am because of her cough...Delsym you lie...you do not last 12 hours!!! Just as I was getting ready to crash myself :( *sigh*

kelblend
10-11-2009, 12:11 AM
I used delsym once and that was it. It sure didn't work for mine the way other people said it worked for theirs.
Hope you get some sleep.

Quaker_Parrots
10-11-2009, 04:24 AM
Nyquil. It will help you both sleep better (if she isnt too young)

lisarae
10-11-2009, 10:37 AM
Delsym is crap!! If she is coughing because of drainage from her sinus's use benedryl. it works the best. Thats what my kids pediatrician told me to use for haley. Tylenol cold never worked for either of mine, unless they had fever.

Licchl05
10-12-2009, 09:07 AM
I don't think it's from her sinuses because her nose isn't stuffy. It makes me so mad because from bedtime @ like 830pm until around 2 she's fine, then she wakes up coughing and is up for 2 hours or so due to the coughing! Poor thing is so mad that I kept her home from school because of the lack of sleep :(

msginna
10-12-2009, 10:23 AM
I went to a football game with a flimsy jacket in the pouring rain and I have been sick ever sense. I seem to be feeling better though, but I have to go to another game today. I will be PREPARED this time!

sunniekiss
10-12-2009, 10:46 AM
That is b/c she is lying down when she is sleeping & the phlegm is just lying there in her lungs.
try having her sleep with 2 or 3 pillows & are you using a dehumidfyer?

Hope she is feeling better soon.

Licchl05
10-12-2009, 11:16 AM
That is b/c she is lying down when she is sleeping & the phlegm is just lying there in her lungs.
try having her sleep with 2 or 3 pillows & are you using a dehumidfyer?

Hope she is feeling better soon.

She moves around alot on her bed- sleeps in all kinds of crazy positions. When I put her to bed she's up on 2 pillows and when she woke up last night I came down(i should have just told jon to give her more cough meds but i didn't read the lable so i wasn't sure of the dosing times while i was up in bed) and gave her some cough medicine and put her back up on the 2 pillows.

Currently i don't have a humidifer, should i use one of those or a dehumidifyer? I do have to run out to target today I can pick up one of those Vick's ones if they have them.

krisharry
10-12-2009, 11:33 AM
She moves around alot on her bed- sleeps in all kinds of crazy positions. When I put her to bed she's up on 2 pillows and when she woke up last night I came down(i should have just told jon to give her more cough meds but i didn't read the lable so i wasn't sure of the dosing times while i was up in bed) and gave her some cough medicine and put her back up on the 2 pillows.

Currently i don't have a humidifer, should i use one of those or a dehumidifyer? I do have to run out to target today I can pick up one of those Vick's ones if they have them.

Our pediatrician always recommended using a cool mist humidifier, Vicks does make them and I think I paid around $20 for it and you can buy filter replacements.

Licchl05
10-12-2009, 11:39 AM
Our pediatrician always recommended using a cool mist humidifier, Vicks does make them and I think I paid around $20 for it and you can buy filter replacements.

Thanks- I had one years ago when AJ was little because I swear every time I turned around the child was sick! I think the one I had wasn't cool mist though and it had that Vicks stuff you dump into it not a filter. Do the filters have the Vicks stuff in them?

Trips me out when Chloe's sick because it's so darn rare, she didn't even get her first illness until 18 months! I'm out of practice!

krisharry
10-12-2009, 11:44 AM
Thanks- I had one years ago when AJ was little because I swear every time I turned around the child was sick! I think the one I had wasn't cool mist though and it had that Vicks stuff you dump into it not a filter. Do the filters have the Vicks stuff in them?

Trips me out when Chloe's sick because it's so darn rare, she didn't even get her first illness until 18 months! I'm out of practice!

No, the filters are just to keep it clean. It doesn't have vicks and tells you not to put vicks in it, it just puts a light cool mist in the air which makes it easier for the kids to breathe. They also have vicks plugins (looks like an airfreshener) where you put in little pads that scent the room like vicks.

Licchl05
10-12-2009, 11:48 AM
No, the filters are just to keep it clean. It doesn't have vicks and tells you not to put vicks in it, it just puts a light cool mist in the air which makes it easier for the kids to breathe. They also have vicks plugins (looks like an airfreshener) where you put in little pads that scent the room like vicks.

The plugs in her room are sideways not up and down, if that makes sense, so i don't know if the plug in thing would stay nightlights tend to want to fall LOL!

krisharry
10-12-2009, 12:00 PM
The plugs in her room are sideways not up and down, if that makes sense, so i don't know if the plug in thing would stay nightlights tend to want to fall LOL!

I think it would, it is more like sliding a little pad into a slot. But the coolmist humidifier really works good.

Licchl05
10-12-2009, 12:03 PM
I think it would, it is more like sliding a little pad into a slot. But the coolmist humidifier really works good.

Should I shut her door while it's on? Currently we leave it open because we turn the hall light on, she's afraid of the dark.

AJ was so different, he didn't really get coughs that would wake him at night(maybe that was the vicks thing though idk), it was ear infections, runny ears(which i freaked over LOL) and high fevers.

krisharry
10-12-2009, 01:26 PM
It's up to you, if it is a large room it may be more effective w/the door shut. IDK bec. I always close my kids doors when they go to sleep.

Anig2u
10-12-2009, 02:40 PM
This one may work for ya! I have it with a bunch of refills, but have not tried it out yet.

http://www.amazon.com/Amcor-Ultraclean-Waterless-Vaporizer/dp/B000Q94U2E

Licchl05
10-12-2009, 03:05 PM
thank you both i appreciate it!