PDA

View Full Version : How can NiCor gas

hblueeyes
09-30-2009, 10:45 PM
Cancel my account. I received a letter today from NiCor gas telling me my account has been closed per my request and that I owe $270+. I immediately called and told them I never closed my account. According to them, my account was closed September 14, per my phone request and written letter that had been faxed. Whoever did this, validated my address, phone number (which is no longer in use) and the last 4 digits of my social security number. I couldn't even remember the old number when I called and they asked me for it. This number was cancelled 10 or so months ago when we got the magicjack. I asked the rep if it was illegal for someone to do this and she said YES. I also asked if the call had been recorded and she stated that it may have been but all calls are not recorded. I asked for the number the fax had been sent from and she did not have that in front of her. I asked for a copy and she said it should not be a problem. She set up a new accout which will take effect October 8th. She is having a supervisor call me back tomorrow. I have a feeling this is the same person making bogus 911 calls on me, egging and tping my house. The scary part is the have my social #. Now I have to go to the bank and change my pin and make sure no withdrwls were made. That may account for the $600 I thought I should have had in my account but figured the bills were paid late. Now I am not so sure. I am terrible at keeping my personal records.

I had to put a password on my account for the future. I hope they recorded the call. Maybe with that I can go to the police department and force them to do something with the bogus 911 calls. You know, the calls that say I am beatiing my kids in the snow in January when my kids were in school. Or someone driving by saying they heard me threaten to kill my kids but yet I could not hear the cops knocking on the door or ringing the doorbell because Bob Seger was blasting on the stereo.

Hubby thinks it might be his sister. I think so too. If it is I am going to push for a prosecution.

Stop the world, I wanna get off.

Me

gmyers
10-01-2009, 03:36 AM
Thats scary. I hope they have a recording of the voice so you can find out if its her. Would 911 have recordings of the calls so you could listen to them and see if you can recognise the caller? I think they record all calls. I'd check and see if it was her voice.

Quaker_Parrots
10-01-2009, 03:46 AM
Where do you receive your mail? in an unlocked mailbox at your home or the post office? If at home, it would be so easy for someone to snag your mail and get all of the personal info they wanted.

sunniekiss
10-01-2009, 07:25 AM
You also need to contact a credit reporting agency like Experian Do it NOW b/c if someone has your socical security number they can open up credit cards in your name.
Seriously, do it right now!

jasmine
10-01-2009, 07:42 AM
wow, that's pretty scarey, and pretty schitty if it is your own husbands sister, WTF?
Maybe you should consider a p.o. box.
Sounds like a mess, hope you get it all straigtened out.

dinosmom
10-01-2009, 07:51 AM
WOW! That is scary! I hope you get everything straightened out and find out who is doing this stuff.

hblueeyes
10-01-2009, 10:17 AM
Would 911 have recordings of the calls so you could listen to them and see if you can recognise the caller?

Yes and I used the freedom of information act to request a copy. They sent it to the police dept. They police would not act on the calls as the needed to "maintain the integrity of the 911 system". I am hoping that with this latest farce, they will reconsider.

You also need to contact a credit reporting agency like Experian Do it NOW b/c if someone has your socical security number they can open up credit cards in your name.
Seriously, do it right now!

Great advice. I did not think of that. Consider it done.

Where do you receive your mail?

I get my mail from the mailman at my home. But all outgoing mail is taken to the post office. I am very careful regarding my info but you never know.

Still waiting to hear from the NiCor supervisor.

Me

SLance68
10-01-2009, 02:25 PM
Yes and I used the freedom of information act to request a copy. They sent it to the police dept. They police would not act on the calls as the needed to "maintain the integrity of the 911 system". I am hoping that with this latest farce, they will reconsider.

I can tell you that is total B.S. they make recordings of ALL 911 calls and the recordings are stored for quite a long time. You should be able to request a copy of the phone call along with the information on the call. If they refuse call an attorney (the type that advertises on tv) and turn them loose on the police department. You are entitled to find out this information but you might have to get an attorney - I would find the one with the reputation that hates the police department and let them have at it.

hblueeyes
10-01-2009, 03:49 PM
NiCor supervisor called and said there was no phone call just a fax. She is giving it to the proper dept so I can get a copy. I made a police report and gave the officer some background and he said that I should have been given the information, not the pd and that I should request it again. Which I will do tomorrow.

So all hangs on the fax and the number on the fax. However I am sure this person used a Kinkos to send it. She used to go to Kinkos to use the internet to do some of her illegal activities. I called Kinkos and asked how it worked. Faxes are self served with a credit, debit or prepaid card. But they also have surveyelliance and can match the fax with the person on video. They keep the tapes for 3 months but also need a court order before they get their security involved. No problem there.

I just want all this chit to end. I am so stressed between this and hubby finding out today he may have colon cancer that 3 colonoscopies did not find. Apparantly, his cancer is higher than what colonoscopies go. But bloody stools and 40 pounds of weightloss in a month is a good indicator. Saying prayers.

Me

Bahet
10-01-2009, 04:03 PM
:hug I am so sorry you are dealing with all this. :( May I ask why your SIL would do something so low to you? That just sounds way off the wall and way more than a typical "I don't like you" sort of thing.

gmyers
10-01-2009, 04:51 PM
I'm sorry to hear about your husband I'll pray that he doesn't have it or that they can operate and get it. Hang in there and I hope whoevers messing with you stops. You don't need that right now.

justme23
10-01-2009, 07:36 PM
I can tell you that is total B.S. they make recordings of ALL 911 calls and the recordings are stored for quite a long time. You should be able to request a copy of the phone call along with the information on the call. If they refuse call an attorney (the type that advertises on tv) and turn them loose on the police department. You are entitled to find out this information but you might have to get an attorney - I would find the one with the reputation that hates the police department and let them have at it.

Go back and check it again... she did get the information... the police are choosing not to ACT on it.

kelblend
10-02-2009, 09:06 AM
If it turns out to be your SIL, all I can say is what a freakin' *****. I'm sorry to hear about your husband. I'll pray for your family.