PDA

View Full Version : MyPoints problems...

JudyKay1966
09-24-2009, 07:43 AM
Has anyone else had a recent problem with MyPoints closing their account?

I received no notification of such action, and even had several MyPoints clickthrus in my inbox, but when I tried to click through them, I got a message that my account has been closed and my points are forfeited. I have enough points accumulated to cash out for a $200 gc, and in fact was getting ready to do just that so that I could start the winter school-clothes shopping process for my kids.

When I e-mailed MyPoints to find out what had happened, hoping that it was just a glitch in their system, they sent me a letter saying that I had accrued points in a fraudulent manner (how can you do this? They send the clickthrus to me!), that I am banned from MyPoints and should never attempt to open another Mypoints account (why would I after being treated so unfairly?). This just seems like odd timing to me, and that they are wanting to get out of redeeming my reward points.

Of course, all their legalese says that they can close your account at any time and there is basically nothing you can do about it. I'm rather mad as that account was set up through BzzAgent, so all of my bzz points are gone, too. :getyou

Has anyone had to deal with this? And a word of caution - don't let your points build up to high in your account.

bguy179
09-24-2009, 07:56 AM
I have been a member of MyPoints for quite some time now. I have never had a problem with my account. I usually let my points build up so that I can cash out for a $25 gift card each time. I am sorry that it happened to you. But I do still love MyPoints.

whatever
09-24-2009, 08:09 AM
I have been seeing people post about this what seems like alot these days about mypoints. Usually they say its because you have muliti accounts. And if you send verification (driver license or something) you can get it straightened out. In your case I have no clue. It seems they might be going downhill as well. I know it seems like they are wanting more shopping going thru their site esp. if you accumulate alot of points etc. IMHO.
I do shopping thru them a couple times a year JUST to stay on good terms...
Sorry couldn't be more help.

eac381
09-24-2009, 05:41 PM
Call me paranoid but I think the new search toolbar is a spying tool for them :-)

Cxcelica
09-25-2009, 04:51 AM
Hmmm....I have had no problem with mypoints, but I have seen alot of similar posts like yours. The language about "accruing points in a fraudalent manner" seems to usually go hand in hand with having multiple accounts. I am not sure if that may apply to you.

Your last point is a good one, I usually redeem for a $25 gift card and don't like building up huge amounts of points.

JudyKay1966
09-29-2009, 02:06 PM
I've only got the one account - the one BzzAgent forced us to set up if we wanted to get anything for our Bzz reports. That's why I have such a high amount of points in my account. I wouldn't have this MyPoints account at all otherwise.

The more I think about it, the madder I get. I am planning to report MyPoints to the BBB, and I am also going to contact BzzAgent becauce it makes them look bad, as well, for subjecting their panel members to this treatment.

BeanieLuvR
09-29-2009, 11:37 PM
Good luck! I hope they are forced to give you your GC's. That is so wrong of them to do that to you. Thanks for the heads up. I'm going to start cashing out at $25.

DrGrin
09-30-2009, 07:09 AM
Call me paranoid but I think the new search toolbar is a spying tool for them :-)

I'm sure you're right. Most toolbars do contain spyware. It's very rare that they don't have spyware.

I haven't installed the search toolbar. My privacy is more important than the few points the toolbar would give for searches.

I do shop through mypoints occasionally, and I cash out for GC's either at $10 or $25. I guess I'm a bit paranoid as well, because I don't trust them to send the ones at higher dollar values. LOL