PDA

View Full Version : help with comeputer please!!!

ttistin
09-20-2009, 01:18 PM
dh opened a video in facebook, I believe it was one of those virus things going around. It is now acting stupid.

It wont let me open a page I want, keeps sending me to other sites.

It keeps having that pop up saying that a virus is detected and to click on this and run a scan type thing.

I tried to go to AVG site to download, it wont. I can't get to the site to download Malware either.

can someone help me please?? I am using my laptop to try to find help for this, don't want to do to much on the desktop till it is figured out.

Thank you

starduster31
09-20-2009, 01:31 PM
try doing a system restore, restoring it back to the day before he watched the video.

which os are you running?

ttistin
09-20-2009, 01:46 PM
it is windows xp, we always use firefox...do not like explorer

ttistin
09-20-2009, 01:48 PM
ok i am system restoring it, what should I have on it to make sure this does not happen again? is there something that will block this kind of stuff from getting on computer?

starduster31
09-20-2009, 02:07 PM
download avg free, and set it to scan every day, that should stop most spyware. also, download adaware, it is an excellent spyware remover, or malware will work, too

jasmine
09-20-2009, 02:37 PM
ok question, I have avast~~and did a scan yesterday for the first time since I had the computer~~over 2years, it picked up

(2) win32 trojans
win32 zbot-A
win32 small-IK

2 of them are in my users file
1 of them in my program/data/microsoft/windows
1 in common files in AOL
1 in my DVD FAB

they all went to the virus chest, where I guess they are quarentined, do they stay there forever, or can I go ahead and delete them??

sorry to crash your thread OP, but I saw that your question got answered, and thought I would ask one......

ttistin
09-20-2009, 03:01 PM
ok question, I have avast~~and did a scan yesterday for the first time since I had the computer~~over 2years, it picked up

(2) win32 trojans
win32 zbot-A
win32 small-IK

1 in common files in AOL
1 in my DVD FAB

they all went to the virus chest, where I guess they are quarentined, do they stay there forever, or can I go ahead and delete them??

sorry to crash your thread OP, but I saw that your question got answered, and thought I would ask one......

Hope someone can help you, I have no idea but I am sure someone here knows

Shann
09-20-2009, 03:14 PM
did you not have any type of virus protection on the computer at all? If not, of course by the time you get something it's going to be too late and not allow you to download something to get it off. I hope the system restore takes care of the problem and you immediately get yourself some protection before it happens again.

ttistin
09-20-2009, 03:19 PM
did you not have any type of virus protection on the computer at all? If not, of course by the time you get something it's going to be too late and not allow you to download something to get it off. I hope the system restore takes care of the problem and you immediately get yourself some protection before it happens again.

I had something on it but i am not on that computer much, I guess the kids or dh did something to it. I am going to have to make sure to check it more often to make sure everything is ok with it.

The system restore did work.

Shann
09-20-2009, 03:21 PM
Glad to hear that. :) I'm using avg as well and have it set to scan every day. I hope you find one that works for you.

starduster31
09-20-2009, 06:18 PM
i am glad that system restore worked, but make sure you download avg free, you acsolutely have to have virus protection with any computer.

ahippiechic
09-20-2009, 06:24 PM

(2) win32 trojans
win32 zbot-A
win32 small-IK

1 in common files in AOL
1 in my DVD FAB

Yes, u can delete them if u want.