PDA

View Full Version : Cram foreign auto parts and engine...

whatever
09-19-2009, 02:06 PM
Is a piece of schitz company!! They will not stand behind their word or their products!! We have "ruby" (see avatar) that my dh wanted a all NEW rebuilt motor for. So he was referred to this place in Omaha. They guaranteed TURN KEY and go engine. It was a $3600 engine. So he gets it back it doesn't run correctly. A couple of weeks later takes it back (at our expense) and they say they "fixed it. But they will NOT let him hear it run out there. It cost us over $150 in fuel to transport back and forth. Needless to say it has never ran Correctly since!!!!!!!! My dh has had to order carb kits (they have two at over $100) and he made them send a new distributer to him for it since it wasn't right.
last weekend he was going to drive it to town and he was just outside of our tiny town and it kept stalling and he barely made it home!:getyou
He was so freaking livid he was ready to set it on fire and he LOVES this car.
He has called this company and they won't do a freaking thing. They claim since he has "tinkered" with it, it is his fault. HELLO it never ran right to begin with and you wouldnt fix it!!!! IDIOTS!!
He finally called in the guy who referred him to that company (who is just as furious with them) and they think they have figured it out. Now going thru alot of the componets there were so many things wrong to begin with! And NOTHING was tight on the engine. We are surprised it did not blow up!
In todays economy and wanting to keep a good business going you would think you would stand behind your word. NOT cram foreign engine!!!

gmyers
09-19-2009, 02:13 PM
Thats expensive for them not to stand behind it if it doesn't work right. I'd be totally po'd too if I was ya'll.

SLance68
09-20-2009, 06:39 AM
Sometimes getting a good deal on a engine is not a great thing. Did he check Jasper or any of the other suppliers of crate motors? I would be on Planetfeedback.com giving that company a piece of my mind also some very bad PR.

On another note - I have to ask - one of they guys at work wanted to know if Ruby was a kit car or if you built her from scratch. He thought she was a beauty.

whatever
09-20-2009, 08:32 AM
Sometimes getting a good deal on a engine is not a great thing. Did he check Jasper or any of the other suppliers of crate motors? I would be on Planetfeedback.com giving that company a piece of my mind also some very bad PR.

On another note - I have to ask - one of they guys at work wanted to know if Ruby was a kit car or if you built her from scratch. He thought she was a beauty.

He built her from scratch. We bought the "body" about 4 years ago. It was so ugly. lol
A 70's green with sparkles. LOL It needed sooo much body work work. He smoothed out the hood to make it rounder etc.
Then (this you can tell the guys) my dh took a vw frame for the pan and shortened to fit the body. My dh is quite a builder. He is totally a JACK of ALL trades. He can look at something and figure out how to build it. He totally amazes me!!
He checked out crate engines but originally "ruby" came with one that was supposed to have ran. And the guy at Cram said at first they would use that motor. Then they decided not to.....
He thought it would be better to have one built. I have since lectured him and said it would have been soo much easier and CHEAPER to buy a crate one. HE agrees. He does have it running well now. He has since done so much work on it and had to retime it. They don't know how to build engines very well. He pretty much had to go thru and recheck EVERYTHING. NOTHING was tight on it etc.

iluvmybaby
09-20-2009, 10:04 AM
$3600 for a dune buggy engine :O and it didnt work? If you paid via a CC or a debit card dispute the charges. Go to planetfeedback and the bbb

fleabones3
09-20-2009, 10:06 AM
Oh that would totally tick me off. Nowdays companies try to pad their pockets with cheaper or poorer quality products and using people that arent as well trained and still raise prices. I am glad he got it working better

whatever
09-21-2009, 07:49 AM
$3600 for a dune buggy engine :O and it didnt work? If you paid via a CC or a debit card dispute the charges. Go to planetfeedback and the bbb

Oh it ran, just totally schitty! Leaked oil like a siv.
Its to late to dispute the charges because he got it back in April and could NOT techincally run it for more than a min. till he finished the car in june/july.
but I have been leaving NEG. feedback everywhere. I saw yesterday when I googled his site this blog came up. LMAO.

iluvmybaby
09-22-2009, 10:06 AM
Oh it ran, just totally schitty! Leaked oil like a siv.
Its to late to dispute the charges because he got it back in April and could NOT techincally run it for more than a min. till he finished the car in june/july.
but I have been leaving NEG. feedback everywhere. I saw yesterday when I googled his site this blog came up. LMAO.

That isn't running condition. For $3,600 I would whoop someones rear. Glad you are fighting it

jasmine
09-22-2009, 10:26 AM
you didn't get any kind of warranty with it? Like so many months, so many miles??