PDA

View Full Version : thinking about putting chloe into

Licchl05
09-15-2009, 05:58 AM
dance or gymnastics. they're only $35 each(for a 3 month block) 45 min per class per week. not sure if i should do one or both. any moms out there have their daughters in either or both? which do you happen to think is better?

Urban Cowgirl
09-15-2009, 07:24 AM
Is it $35 for each class or for each 3 month session? Just curious because up here its at least $45 per month + all the added reg fees, outfits, tickets($25 per person to watch!) for recitals or performances...ITS crazy expensive!!!

I have girls but my oldest is 6 and would not do either...she does cheer though. That is $125 for 5 months and includes everything(outfit & shoes& hairbow), also if she does the fundraiser I get $35 off.

I wanted her to do dance or gymnastics, but I won't force her. maybe my youngest will be my lil dance star! LOL

One thing we do is once they ask to do something and I write the check they have to finish the season. I think it teaches them a valuable lesson about finishing what you start!

Licchl05
09-15-2009, 07:31 AM
$35 is for the entire 3 months, it's through the Sarah Heinz House here in pittsburgh.

Jenefer3
09-15-2009, 07:36 AM
I think you should ask your daughter which one she would like to do. If she says one, the other, or both, you've got your answer.

iluvmybaby
09-15-2009, 07:47 AM
dance or gymnastics. they're only $35 each(for a 3 month block) 45 min per class per week. not sure if i should do one or both. any moms out there have their daughters in either or both? which do you happen to think is better?

I would ask her what she wants to do

Urban Cowgirl
09-15-2009, 09:08 AM
$35 is for the entire 3 months, it's through the Sarah Heinz House here in pittsburgh.

Wow for that price you can't go wrong whichever she chooses!

MistyWolf
09-15-2009, 09:31 AM
Aussie's DD is in dance and wanted to do gymnastics, but Aussie told her she had to pick one. Both are hard. She has been in dance for quite a few years and it does get expensive. Dance classes and costumes get pricey, and it does get time consuming as you get into older classes.

Neither one of my kids are into dance .. they do Girl Scouts, but that is what they like.

MistyWolf
09-15-2009, 09:59 AM
Aussie said that price is cheap .. she pays $75/month for just dance and that doesn't include costumes. At the end of the year costumes and recital tickets are $$$.