PDA

View Full Version : Why Can't Stores Stand by their Products?

suzski
09-14-2009, 10:46 AM
So, I go into a very popular ladie's lingerie store and purchase a pair of Yoga pants. I proceed to wear them exactly two times (once lounging around the house, and once at a Zumba class), and wash them once before noticing that midway down the leg (right below the knee), there is about a two inch area where they've come apart at the seam.

No big deal, I think....I've still got the receipt and I'll just take them back. However, the store tells me that I can only return unused, unwashed items with the tag still on them....I let them know that there was not this problem when I bought them but it must have been poor workmanship that would make a pair of yoga pants do this after TWO wearings. "Sorry" the manager tells me, "can't help you. This has been our policy for the last year."

Interestingly enough, there was another woman in the store returning a bra that had ripped after one wearing, and had stitching that looked like it was sewn by a drunk. The manager had the nerve to ask her why she hadn't looked at it when she purchased it.

I've sent an email to corporate, letting them know that if they can't stand by the products they sell, I won't be purchasing any of them. It is just really frustrating in this era of economic slowdown how unwilling some stores seem to be to provide their customers with a product that they are proud of. No wonder so many stores are going under.....:thumpdown:

Taterbo
09-14-2009, 11:05 AM
It will be interesting if you get a reply or not from the head office// I think I would look some place new to buy my items from from now-one.

This not like you knowingly bought a 'second' or imperfect item from a discount house/store.

Urban Cowgirl
09-14-2009, 11:18 AM
I can't believe that! I can understand the policy, but not for a defective item.

krisharry
09-14-2009, 11:34 AM
Wow, just had something similar happen. I ordered DH 12 pairs of denim shorts from JCP. All of them ripped down the seam near the zipper after only 1 or 2 wearings. I returned all of them and got a credit on my card. Thank goodness. I would keep going until you get someone to listen. It should be obvious of the defect.

BeanieLuvR
09-14-2009, 12:33 PM
I would be so mad. I'd keep complaining until they do something about it. Hopefully corporate will make it right for you. They should realize that if they don't stand behind the merchandise people will quit buying it. Was it VS?

suzski
09-14-2009, 12:43 PM
BeanieLover, yes it was....which really surprised me since they USED to be so good with their customer service. Plus, you would think when you're spending $45 for a pair of pants, or $50 or more on a bra, that it would last more than a few wearings....Grrrr!

My DH was upset that I didn't force the issue in the store, but it was obvious by the manager's attitude that I wasn't going to get anywhere.....however, I explained everything in my email and will make a phone call if I don't get anywhere with that.

krisharry, so glad everything worked out with you on your JCP return. I haven't had any problems with them, and will continue to spend my dollars there because of that.

dv8grl
09-14-2009, 12:58 PM
VSs quality has diminished greatly after the past few years.
I won't shop there anymore.

littlebuggy
09-14-2009, 01:06 PM
I agree. They used to be the only place I would shop because although they cost more, it really was worth it. Now you can get about the same quality at target and pay WAY less.

freeplease
09-14-2009, 03:46 PM
I hate VS. I keep getting those coupons for free panties, and I just give them away to women walking into the store. It isn't worth the hassle.

suzski
09-14-2009, 05:00 PM
I got an email back today from the Customer Service Rep, who offered me apologies and a gift card for my trouble. I said that I would hope that it would cover the cost of the defective pants.

Licchl05
09-14-2009, 05:40 PM
I agree. They used to be the only place I would shop because although they cost more, it really was worth it. Now you can get about the same quality at target and pay WAY less.
I love the bra's at target, I swear by them LOL!!

I got an email back today from the Customer Service Rep, who offered me apologies and a gift card for my trouble. I said that I would hope that it would cover the cost of the defective pants.
I hope they more than compensate you for the inconvience!

jerseybarb
09-14-2009, 05:54 PM
What store is "VS"?

LOL Never mind, nightrider just told me

buglebe
09-14-2009, 08:03 PM
I don't know what store VS is.

jerseybarb
09-15-2009, 05:08 AM
Victoria's Secert

BeanieLuvR
09-15-2009, 05:36 AM

I'm glad you got a quick response. I hope the gift card more than covers the price of the pants.

suzski
09-29-2009, 10:39 AM
As an update, I got a $50 gift card in the mail from VS....pants cost $48 plus tax....

3lilpigs
09-29-2009, 10:58 AM
As an update, I got a $50 gift card in the mail from VS....pants cost $48 plus tax....

Me personally, I would have told CS that I wanted a CHECK, not a GC. I surely wouldn't be shopping there anymore.

Unicornmom77
09-29-2009, 11:01 AM
I would want to go into the store and let the manager aware of where the gift card came from, over her head... uhg I bet that was an irritating situation, I am glad you got the $50!

3lilpigs
09-29-2009, 11:02 AM

''Victoria's Secret, well their stuff's real nice
But I can buy the same damn thing on a Wal-Mart shelf half price
And still look sexy, just as sexy as those models on TV
I don't need no designer tag to make my man want me''

:rofl::rofl:

("Redneck Woman/Gretchen Wilson)