PDA

View Full Version : morons on the roads

Licchl05
09-14-2009, 08:57 AM
This morning after dropping Chloe off at school I was at a red light. The light turned green, however, there was a red car who blew his red light and was making a turn right infront of me. Of course I didn't move as soon as the light turned green or i would have plowed him. Behind me the people were beeping at me to move while this car is right in my path. WTF do people expect me to do? Gun it and smash the idiot who ran their red light just so they can move? Yes, let me crash my car so you can get beyond the green light just to get stuck behind my accident! I did the WTF motion to the people behind me (of course it was ma and pa kettle i swear) and pointed to the moron who ran his light to make the left turn right infront of me. To further piss me off when it was clear for me to resume driving i went and ma and pa kettle sat there for a good 5-10 seconds.....are you serious?? you were in such a hurry to beep at me, wanting me to crash into someone but when it's clear you take your sweet time moving????

fleabones3
09-14-2009, 09:43 AM
I hear ya.. I hate people like that. I hate slow drivers, stupid drivers, drivers who think stop signs and stop lights arent made for them too. Basically I just hate people LOL

cathych
09-14-2009, 09:46 AM
wow, life is too short to worry about trivial stuff.

ElleGee
09-14-2009, 10:00 AM
I almost blew thru a red light today. It's not because I am a moron or anything. I got distracted in a train of thought that was really important before I got to where I was going..

I have days where I should not be driving b/c of my anxiety but I don't have a choice.. And today was one of them

Jenefer3
09-14-2009, 10:35 AM
maybe they weren't honking at you? maybe they were honking their outrage at the guy who blew through the light?

cabby92
09-14-2009, 10:39 AM
I agree with Jenefer. But I still hate people, too.

krisharry
09-14-2009, 11:31 AM
I do feel your pain on this bec. I really think 99% of people out there driving have no business being out there. However, I can't let myself get in an uproar over it bec. it would consume all my time. LMAO Every trip even to the grocery store is near accident time, so I just let the fbombs fly and move on.

Jenefer3
09-14-2009, 03:23 PM
I agree with Jenefer. But I still hate people, too.

I hate them too. I despise driving and most of the people that I have to deal with just irritate me to no end, but I don't let it get to me too much because I'd never have the time to do anything else lol

hblueeyes
09-14-2009, 04:29 PM
I hate it when people do that too. I usually smile and when the coast is clear to go, I take my sweet as time.

I was behind this guy making a right hand turn. I wanted to go right too but there is no turn on red. No biggie. But they guy just sat there during the arrow to turn. I waited. Then beeped. He motioned no turn on red I yelled out the window , you got the arrow stupid. Geesh.

Me

kelblend
09-14-2009, 08:06 PM
I almost blew thru a red light today. It's not because I am a moron or anything. I got distracted in a train of thought that was really important before I got to where I was going..

I have days where I should not be driving b/c of my anxiety but I don't have a choice.. And today was one of them

Glad nothing happened.

Licchl05
09-15-2009, 05:53 AM
I don't think it's 'trivial'....seriously people get seriously hurt and can die from car accidents because someone is in a hurry. I got even more mad this morning driving through school zones, people speeding, and there was even an accident involving a car and a motorcycle in one of the school zones i drove through!!! that could have easily hurt a child who was on the sidewalk going to school as the marks to me seem as if the motorcycle went on it's side off the road onto the sidewalk! what's so 'trivial' about that??

dinosmom
09-15-2009, 01:35 PM
I live in Chicago and I swear we have the WORST drivers here. Some of the stuff I have seen idiots do!!!!!! I am so glad I work from home and dont have to go out to work anymore. That daily commute was literally killing me.

Shann
09-15-2009, 08:30 PM
honestly I'm always shocked when someone DOESN'T run the light out here. Where I'm at we've got a melting pot of bad drivers from all over the country/world. It's ridiculous. My fave is those who are at a light to turn left and eventho it's red think that they have the right to turn regardless :rolleyes: lovely. Gotta love the idiots who don't believe the laws of driving apply to them. But one day they will get caught and karma is going to bit them in the booty. Oh and when someone uses a turning signal, that is always a shock, I seriously wonder how many cars don't come w/ them b/c I would say maybe 1% of the ppl use them, annoying!

sunniekiss
09-16-2009, 10:08 AM
Here we have people from NYC, New jersey & Philly & stop signs mean slow down but keep driving. One way signs mean nothing since they are only going 1 way. Their excuse is "me no speak english".

I had this kid drive right into my car. I was creeping into our parking lot because we have a huge pothole at the entrance so unless you want to bust a tire, you creep in. If he hadn't run into me he would have slammed into our building. He did say he was sorry but he didn't have brakes on his bike. A Fed-Ex guy was across the street & saw what happened & told me his sister had run into a telephone pole 2 blocks away.

Oh yea & no one looks before crossing a street.

cathych
09-16-2009, 11:56 AM
It is infuritating when people yack on cellphones and don't pay any attention to what they are doing.

DreamWarrior
09-16-2009, 04:33 PM
I hear ya.. I hate people like that. I hate slow drivers, stupid drivers, drivers who think stop signs and stop lights arent made for them too. Basically I just hate people LOL

When did you move to my town???

jasmine
09-17-2009, 05:43 AM
or when people drive with their blinkers on, never turning them off,with me behind them, waiting and wondering when they are going to turn, and they never do!!

klutzie56
09-17-2009, 07:19 AM
Intersections
Red, yellow, green, and blue? Some drivers may take another look at some intersections in Eagan MN. The new blue light is a tool aimed at helping to better patrol three intersections along Pilot Knob Road, according to police. Police say from 2003 to 2007, they had nearly 300 accidents along the roadway, with 11 percent of them stemming from drivers disobeying a traffic light. Here's how it works: When the blue light shines, the left turn light at the intersection is red. Officers can them monitor whether a car turn on the blue light is safer than to pull over a red light runner. City and county money helped pay for the three lights, which cost several thousand dollars each. "This is just another piece in the tool box that we can look at," said Eagan Police Chief James McDonald.City officials also talked to Burnsville and Apple Valley, who have already used the blue light, and say they work. While it seems like the point would be not to have drivers know about the blue lights, the city says they actually want to make it well known. They believe if drivers realize officers have this tool, they will obey the red instead of risking paying a $130 ticket. "If one property damage collision is prevented by these blue lights and people respect the red lights, it's paid for itself as already," said the city's transportation engineer Tim Plath. Chief McDonald says a lot of people have confused this program with the illegal Photocop program in this case there's an actual officer patrolling, not just a camera.

They just started this in my son's neighborhood. Hope it helps.

iluvmybaby
09-17-2009, 08:13 AM
You know what kills me, we have so many 18 wheelers here, you see people pulled out in front of a LOADED 18 wheeler doing 60 and slowwww down and you know they can't stop. My grandmothers friend did that and he just creamed her in, she pulled out and did 15, the truck was loaded and doing 55 and just flattened her car. She actually lived, I couldnt believe it, if you had seen her car you wouldnt either. I am so glad my grandmother doesnt drive, we have a big problem in town with elderily drivers. Her one friend has cataracts and is nearily blind and is deaf in one ear and can't walk because of a stroke and she drivers all the time

Licchl05
09-17-2009, 08:17 AM
You know what kills me, we have so many 18 wheelers here, you see people pulled out in front of a LOADED 18 wheeler doing 60 and slowwww down and you know they can't stop. My grandmothers friend did that and he just creamed her in, she pulled out and did 15, the truck was loaded and doing 55 and just flattened her car. She actually lived, I couldnt believe it, if you had seen her car you wouldnt either. I am so glad my grandmother doesnt drive, we have a big problem in town with elderily drivers. Her one friend has cataracts and is nearily blind and is deaf in one ear and can't walk because of a stroke and she drivers all the time

OMG, how do the drs still allow her to drive?

littlebuggy
09-17-2009, 05:47 PM
I swear I don't know how most of these people got thier licenses! I really wish I wouldn't get so annoyed, hubby always tells me I'm going to give myself an ulcer getting so annoyed at people. LOL It's so bad I tell my kids they have to be the ones to pay attention because you can't count on the other person to because usually they are so wrapped up in thier own little world that they won't even see you until it's too late.

fleabones3
09-17-2009, 06:11 PM
I think that all people aged 65 and older need to take a extensive driving test every year to see if they are still capable of driving. I also think everyone else needs to retake it every 5 yrs.

iluvmybaby
09-18-2009, 07:35 AM
I think that all people aged 65 and older need to take a extensive driving test every year to see if they are still capable of driving. I also think everyone else needs to retake it every 5 yrs.

And a note from their physician saying they are physically and mentally well enough TO drive

OMG, how do the drs still allow her to drive?

I dont know her Drs LET me drive, I think no one has reported she is. Her kids dont let her drive out of town but think around town is fine

benspawpaw
09-24-2009, 02:43 PM
next time someone behind you blows at you cause they think you are not moving fast enough, start to move quick then slam on the brakes. but only if you are alone with no kids in the car. when they hit you just sit there and dont move. it is their fault cause they hit you. so make the call to 911 have an ambulance take you to the hospital to get checked head to toe. tell them you hurt everywhere so it cost the other persons ins a ton. his rates will go thru the roof if he doesnt get dropped. they will think next time about blowing the horn.

Licchl05
09-24-2009, 04:59 PM
next time someone behind you blows at you cause they think you are not moving fast enough, start to move quick then slam on the brakes. but only if you are alone with no kids in the car. when they hit you just sit there and dont move. it is their fault cause they hit you. so make the call to 911 have an ambulance take you to the hospital to get checked head to toe. tell them you hurt everywhere so it cost the other persons ins a ton. his rates will go thru the roof if he doesnt get dropped. they will think next time about blowing the horn.

You can not be serious.....

jasmine
09-24-2009, 08:20 PM
You can not be serious.....

no, it's the truth, if you lay on your brakes and the one behinds you smacks you, it's his fault, cause he was following to close.
The only time I've wanted to lay on my brakes is when I was driving and someone was following me from behind WAY to close.

ElleGee
09-24-2009, 08:40 PM
no, it's the truth, if you lay on your brakes and the one behinds you smacks you, it's his fault, cause he was following to close.
The only time I've wanted to lay on my brakes is when I was driving and someone was following me from behind WAY to close.

She's right

I also want to slam on my brakes when someone is way too close. But I love my car. My car is shaped like a box so if they are too close then they are too close

Licchl05
09-24-2009, 09:17 PM

LOL I know if you're rear ended it's that person's fault, I meant I couldn't believe he was suggesting I intentionally do that! For one it's insurance scamming, and 2 it's just wrong, period.

mabby89
09-24-2009, 10:10 PM
LOL I know if you're rear ended it's that person's fault, I meant I couldn't believe he was suggesting I intentionally do that! For one it's insurance scamming, and 2 it's just wrong, period.

Yeah, but dammit sometimes I just wanna say hit me mf, and slam the brakes on. Hell, people scam insurance companies all the time. :slap:elefant::creep::whistle:hi5 Im jus' sayin is all

nightrider127
09-25-2009, 01:52 AM

Do you have some kind of death wish?

It doesn't happen often but drivers have been known to be ticketed around here for plowing on the brakes for no apparent reason.

If you get so angry that you get mad at a person for simply blowing their horn at you, you have no business on the road.

justme23
09-25-2009, 02:35 AM
Oh pls... like you haven't been honked at and got pissed about it. I have been known to say the same thing when I'm good and mad... but it's not like I'd ever really do it.

hkh9832
09-25-2009, 06:00 AM

Going on the assumption the person who hits you even has insurance (or a license for that matter). We were just driving in stop and go afternoon traffic and the guy behind us wasn't paying attention and rear ended us so hard we had to use a wire coat hanger to keep our trunk shut before we could pull away.

The guy who hit us of course, had no insurance or license and was hauled off to jail. When we called our insurance they were pretty much like we could try to sue a guy who has no insurance but we probably wouldn't get very far. Thank God we didn't get injured, because trying to get any money for medical from the guy would've been a nightmare.

Point being is, sometimes it's just not worth it for the time or money for that matter. Plus, you could end up paying the ultimate price-your life. Not worth it. But, hey, imagine doing it all you want-that can be very therapeutic as well.

Dirty Old Man
09-25-2009, 09:57 AM

Hate rules!

WendyLou75
09-27-2009, 02:46 PM
I know where all the morons driving are... SOUTH CAROLINA! I went to Charleston, SC from Johnson City, TN... I'm surprised I lived. They tooted at me... drove like bats out of hell on that long bridge into Sullivans Island/Mt. Pleasant and looked at me like I was moron for going the speed limit.
I saw 1 major accidents on I 26 in SC... I'm surprised if anyone lived. Driving like loons on wet roads at a high rate of speed. The very same people who tooted at me for going slow were the ones in the median about 5 miles down from the major accident... I slowed down and waved. Yes, it was mean...but I'm alive.

NasCat
09-27-2009, 02:51 PM
They DO drive like loonies down there. Not ALL of them, but the majority, definitely.

msmom79
09-27-2009, 03:21 PM
i think its a good thing you waited,just think what could have happened if you started out and hit the car that ran his light,then the car behind you hit you,and the one behind him,hit him,chain reactions from people can lead to deaths,
i'm glad you didnt go,but i would have flipped the people off behind me too,wether i knew they were honking at me or not.jmoo