PDA

View Full Version : restless legs?

buglebe
09-13-2009, 05:37 PM
Does anyone have a good sure fire cure for restless legs? Getting in a hot bathtub is about the only thing that helps me but 3 or 4 times a night gets to be too much. Any other suggestions?

Willow
09-13-2009, 06:36 PM
Walking during the day will help prevent it for some people but I'm not sure what to do once it's already started.

Quaker_Parrots
09-13-2009, 07:21 PM
Are you diabetic? Getting his sugar under control helped my DH.

buglebe
09-14-2009, 12:00 PM
Are you diabetic? Getting his sugar under control helped my DH.

Yes but my sugar was 138 so not too bad. I have had it the last 2 nights and I am so sleepy now I am miserable.

SLance68
09-14-2009, 12:50 PM
I read here or on another site like this one of a old wives tale about putting a bar of soap under your sheet would stop them. I thought it was crap but my Mom tried it and say's it works. She put a bar of some soap I had gotten as a sample under the sheet - between the sheet and the mattress. Claims it works.

ntgsmommy
09-14-2009, 01:49 PM
I read here or on another site like this one of a old wives tale about putting a bar of soap under your sheet would stop them. I thought it was crap but my Mom tried it and say's it works. She put a bar of some soap I had gotten as a sample under the sheet - between the sheet and the mattress. Claims it works.

I was just getting ready to reply with the same info----I read it in the newspaper--right under dear abby, is a medical doctor that explains different conditions, and what he would do for them. One reader wrote in about restless leg and he siad to try the soap under the sheets trick as well. I think his name is Dr. Gott?

3Jess
09-14-2009, 01:50 PM

Very strange! but so exotic that it might even work..perhaps on a mental level but worth a try. I also have the jitter legs when i'm about to sleep. i feel like i even wake up to my legs moving..even when i'm not dreaming of running! I'll have to try this. thank you!

buglebe
09-14-2009, 07:52 PM
It sure won't hurt. Jitter legs is a good name for it. That is what it is like. Who knows, maybe the soap will work, just like hot bath helps me and some say ice cold bath.