PDA

View Full Version : Don't you ever wish?

buglebe
09-12-2009, 05:28 PM
Don't you wish sometimes you could tell someone all of your little nitty gritty problems and all your unkind thoughts and then never see that person again.?
I guess that is what a counselor is for. I wish I could afford one just so I could sit and talk and then get up and leave. I don't want advice or help or anything, just someone to listen. And not have to be concerned if they think I'm terrible or my children are terrible or anyone else I know or care about.

jasmine
09-12-2009, 06:16 PM
yep, no one to talk back to you, or give you advice...... or say, you should do it this way, or that way blah blah, just shut up, and listen to me bitcch for a minute.
Get a journal.
Or, like me, I live out in the country, so when I get totally frustrated, I go outside and scream, then come back in.

speedygirl
09-12-2009, 06:33 PM
Too bad this is so expensive. $2.99 a minute. The first 3 minutes are free. If I ever tried it, once I got on a roll I'd be owing the mortgage.

http://www.ventbyphone.com/

Do you need a sounding board because:

Your dealing with rejection • Your parents favor your siblings over you • Your family disapproves of your lifestyle • You need someone to talk to • Your boss gets all of the credit for your hard work • You are tired of being the family outcast • Life is not fair and you are a nice person • You feel unappreciated or neglected by your spouse after everything you have done for him/her • You have no real friends or no one that you can trust • You are the primary caregiver for an ailing relative
and other family members refuse to help • You have intrusive and controlling in-laws or parents • You need a rejection hotline and the others don't help • You need to vent

We are your rejection hotline!
Have you ever felt like you needed someone to talk to and no one was there to listen? Do you need a rejection hotline to help you vent? Maybe you don’t want answers, you just need
a sounding board. Family members won’t listen because they are tired of hearing you complain or you fear that your sensitive issues might be left to dangle from the family tree. Friends might judge
you, tell you how to fix your problems or one-up your sensitive issues. You don’t feel like you need to get your head examined,
you just need to VENT! Try it, what do you have to lose? Calls are $2.99 USD per minute, the first 3 minutes are free for
a limited time only. Active listeners are standing by!

What’s bothering you today? Do you need a rejection hotline? Let us be your stress management tool. Do you need to VENT?

What is venting?
Vent (n) – release of strong feelings: a release or expression of strong feelings or emotions,
or a chance to do this.
Vent (vt) – release emotions: to release or forcefully express strong feelings or emotions.

About us
Vent By Phone is here to listen whether you want to complain, be pessimistic or cry. Whether you need a rejection hotline or simply a chance to vent and let it out. We are not here to perform a mental evaluation, judge you, or tell you how to resolve your issues. Most importantly, we are a totally anonymous sounding board for when you need one.

gmyers
09-12-2009, 07:15 PM
Someone was smart to start that. We all need something like that sometimes. But thats too high for me. I'd have to take out a second mortgage once I got started.lol

Heidi
09-12-2009, 07:21 PM
I wish I could tell someone exactly how I feel about them and what a horrible person they are. They would have to have their mouth duct tapped shut though, because I wouldn't want them to be able to talk back. And then I would like to be able to walk out and never see that person again.

gordo24
09-12-2009, 09:34 PM
OH, i lost it tonight with my ol' man. a really long story, but he was yapping about me going back on meds for my depression, i just could not take it any more, i told him, what is the 1st of oct.? he told me it will be 7 years TO GET OVER IT!! (my son died) i went off, told him to shut up now and never say those words to me again. heard them many times before, along with my son being selfish for taking his life. also told him if he didn't shut up that i would knock his false teeth right out of his fake mouth!
gee, i hope this is vent & whine, where are the lemons (lime) & corona??
sorry, it's starting out to be a end of another bad year.

YankeeMary
09-12-2009, 09:39 PM
oh, i lost it tonight with my ol' man. A really long story, but he was yapping about me going back on meds for my depression, i just could not take it any more, i told him, what is the 1st of oct.? He told me it will be 7 years to get over it!! (my son died) i went off, told him to shut up now and never say those words to me again. Heard them many times before, along with my son being selfish for taking his life. Also told him if he didn't shut up that i would knock his false teeth right out of his fake mouth!
Gee, i hope this is vent & whine, where are the lemons (lime) & corona??
Sorry, it's starting out to be a end of another bad year.

hugs!!!

gmyers
09-12-2009, 09:40 PM
OH, i lost it tonight with my ol' man. a really long story, but he was yapping about me going back on meds for my depression, i just could not take it any more, i told him, what is the 1st of oct.? he told me it will be 7 years TO GET OVER IT!! (my son died) i went off, told him to shut up now and never say those words to me again. heard them many times before, along with my son being selfish for taking his life. also told him if he didn't shut up that i would knock his false teeth right out of his fake mouth!

I wish people would stop and think before they talk. It's not that easy to just get over it as they so nicely put it. I'm really sorry for your loss. Its hard when someone commits suicide and I hate it when they say someone is selfish for doing it. No one knows the pain someone has in their life.. Its been over fifteen years since my sister did and I still miss her really bad. I hope you feel better and the pain gets less for you.

Dolores
09-13-2009, 02:40 AM

You'll never get over it, but it will eventually become easier to bear. Tell Mr. Insensitive to pay for a psychiatrist if he doesn't want to help by listening. BTW, loved the false teeth slam.

Quaker_Parrots
09-13-2009, 06:01 AM
Is this his son too? Did either of you go through grief councelling? Not trying to defend him, but, maybe he is feeling guilt over not seeing the signs or doing anything to stop it? Maybe he resents the fact your son did this and is still angry at him, and since he is no longer here, he takes it out on you?

Men are different creatures and we women will never understand them. I definitely think he is keeping his true feelings from you by lashing out at you.

That being said, ((hugs)) I am so sorry for your loss and hope that some day soon time will ease your pain, and make your husband more understanding of your feelings.

pepperpot
09-13-2009, 06:20 AM

:hug :(

tsquared
09-13-2009, 07:22 AM
Don't you wish sometimes you could tell someone all of your little nitty gritty problems and all your unkind thoughts and then never see that person again.?
I guess that is what a counselor is for. I wish I could afford one just so I could sit and talk and then get up and leave. I don't want advice or help or anything, just someone to listen. And not have to be concerned if they think I'm terrible or my children are terrible or anyone else I know or care about.

However a true friend will do this for you and give you a whole lot more than you can ever imagine............

buglebe
09-13-2009, 02:22 PM
However a true friend will do this for you and give you a whole lot more than you can ever imagine............

Yes I do have one true friend who knows all my problems but I am so so sure she is tired of hearing them.

tsquared
09-13-2009, 03:22 PM
Yes I do have one true friend who knows all my problems but I am so so sure she is tired of hearing them.

A true friend never gets tired of hearing your complaints or happiness!!

Anniston
09-13-2009, 04:34 PM

Oh, dear sorry to hear about that insensitive comment. About 14 months after my mom died, I made the comment to DH that it had been the worst year of my life. It had been, it was no lie. Despite the fact that everything else for us that year was good, that year was the worst, getting used to Mom being gone. Anyway, DH said, "Oh, you're playing the dead mom card." We have had some doozie fights over the years, but I have never cried that hard, or have since. I still love him, and always will, but that comment left an impression on our relationship that really changed a lot for us. I do not consider him as much of a confidant as I once did.