PDA

View Full Version : Argh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

whatever
09-09-2009, 08:53 AM
Okay last year seeing how FREAKING lax my credit union was I set up a password and said I wanted it to be asked for transactions [ESP. on the phone! ONce in a great while they ask for it at the drive thru. That never bothers me because I know most of them. Its a very small place. So I called yesterday to get my checking balance and she asked if I had it with my dh's name. She said his name and NEVER ONCE did she ask for the password. All someone has to do is have one of my checks and they could have probably just cleaned out my account!! And we keep a decent size in there. I know we should transfer some to our savings but we have always keep a nice amount in there. It gets interest as well.
I am freaking pissed!! I have called the main office before but how many times before they get it right!?! To my knowledge i'm the only one with a password. The lady at the main office said there they mandate them plus every transaction in person requires a picture id now. I laughed I said you should go to this one once. You would see how Lax they are and it would make you mad. They looked at me funny when I set up the password....

krisharry
09-09-2009, 09:01 AM
Maybe she didn't ask bec. you were only checking a balance?, not that that should make a difference. Can you go to someone higher up at the credit union and complain. Perhaps they aren't aware that the security isn't being enforced? What good is a password if they don't ask for it?
Good luck in getting it straightened out now, before something bad happens.

hblueeyes
09-09-2009, 11:28 AM
withdraw your extra funds and take it to a different bank. Tell them why and maybe things will change. if it does then move back. If not close everything.

Me

ttistin
09-09-2009, 12:35 PM
we are at a credit union that dh's sister works at so non of the workers in there can see any details of our account except the manager. Even when we go in to make a deposit in person it will not show a balance. We have to go to the atm to get a balance. We both have direct deposit now so we do not go in very often. We manly do everything online, we can transfer from savings to checking. I like it that way, is there anyway you can do it all online?

dinosmom
09-09-2009, 12:36 PM
YIKES! At my bank they practically will not let you thru the door without a keycard and password. 'Course, I live in the city. LOL

ilovecats
09-09-2009, 05:55 PM
Something similar happened to me a few years ago.My husband was getting cash with my checks all the time(with my permission because it was more convenient for him to go).They suddenly changed the rules and wouldn't cash it for him without speaking to me.I wasn't home so he gave them the phone # where I was and I gave her permission over the phone.At the moment I was happy because he was going food shopping and we needed the money,it was only later that I realized she had no idea if I was me.He could have given her the number of anyone and wiped out my whole account,not that there was much there,but still...