View Full Version : Man: I Robbed Bank To Get Away From Wife

Licchl05
09-02-2009, 03:14 PM
http://www.wpxi.com/nationalnews/20671140/detail.html

Man: I Robbed Bank To Get Away From Wife
Anthony Miller Overbearing Spouse Caused Him To Commit Crime
Posted: 3:26 pm EDT September 1, 2009
Updated: 10:47 am EDT September 2, 2009

LANCASTER, Pa. -- A central Pennsylvania man said he robbed a bank in 2007 to go to jail and get away from his overbearing wife.

At a sentencing hearing Monday, 39-year-old Anthony Miller said he robbed a bank in Ephrata because he wanted to leave his then-wife but she had threatened to commit suicide if he did.

Defense attorney Robert Beyer said Miller approached tellers with a BB gun, asked for money and told them to call the police. He said Miller even asked for updates on their efforts to reach authorities.

Miller pleaded guilty in June. Lancaster County Judge Louis Farina sentenced him to three to six years in prison on Monday.

Beyer said the couple divorced within the last year.

:rofl:

gmyers
09-02-2009, 03:52 PM
Dang she must have been really hard to live with if he'd go to that extreme to get away from her.lol

jasmine
09-02-2009, 07:12 PM
that's too funny, he even asked them to call the police!!
I can here him now, dear lord, get me away from this woman, even if I have to go to prison LOL
Atleast when he gets out, they are already divorced, he has something to look forward to.

gmyers
09-02-2009, 07:16 PM
I'm really surprised though that he got that many years. He had a bb gun and asked them to call the cops. I'm surprised the judge didn't realize it wasn't a real robbery.

mabby89
09-02-2009, 07:18 PM
LMAO...poor guy.

gravittr
09-02-2009, 07:37 PM
wow thats sad

wobblypops
09-03-2009, 03:54 AM
He should have received a longer sentence for involving innocent people in his personal matters. He scarred each & every person in that bank, for life.

galeane29
09-03-2009, 04:40 AM
Desperate times call for desperate measures.

I wonder how his wife feels about all of this.

Bahet
09-03-2009, 04:56 AM
Geez, all he had to do was make her leave him. Sleep with her sister. Or her best friend. Or her sister and her best friend. Claim to be a gay cross dresser then dance around the house in a bra and skirt singing "I'm a pretty girl". She'll leave and he won't have a felony conviction.

Kelsey1224
09-03-2009, 09:29 AM
Geez, all he had to do was make her leave him. Sleep with her sister. Or her best friend. Or her sister and her best friend. Claim to be a gay cross dresser then dance around the house in a bra and skirt singing "I'm a pretty girl". She'll leave and he won't have a felony conviction.

:rofl::rofl::dancing: