PDA

View Full Version : ever since i lost my job...

Licchl05
09-01-2009, 08:01 AM
the people who i worked with for 2.5 years won't even speak to me. it pisses me off to no end because when we worked together i was the one they'd come to with an issue, i was the one who would deal with the customers THEY couldn't handle(i worked in the escalations department for comcast), if they needed something done for a customer they'd come to me because my connections would get it done, but now that i dont work for comcast anymore i'm no longer worth being spoken to?

it's not like i got fired for theft or flipping out on someone, i was fired because i said "this guy is pissing me off"- because it was "rude discourteous and acting unprofessionally" which was just a vent to myself @ work while sitting in my cube- however when this one lady came to my desk and flipped out on me infront of 3-4 other co-workers she didn't get in one lick of trouble(she got mad at an email that was sent- which was suggested to be sent by one of our managers!!!), i think what she did was way more rude and discourteous than me venting out loud to no one that the guy was getting on my nerves(he kept asking me the same question 10 times and it was a simple question with no complexities in the answer at all!!!).

one of the few people who still speaks to me told me that since i've been gone they've been busy as hell, which i had a feeling it would happen as i busted my butt daily for comcast- my productivity was always around 120%- so clearly i was a good employee who knew their job and did it damn well!

I'm just so hurt that they've decided to cut me off just because i don't see them at work, and i don't know if or how i should say something to them.

thanks for reading my vent.

sunniekiss
09-01-2009, 09:03 AM
Sorry you got fired but maybe your former co-workers considered you more of a work friend rather than a real life friend. Since you no longer work for Concast, maybe they don't think you no longer have anything in common. Maybe they are worried about getting fired themselves. Could be a number of things.

krisharry
09-01-2009, 12:02 PM
ITA w/sunnie, it could be so many things. Did you socialize outside of work with them? Sometimes workfriends are just that, work friends. I have had many work friendships over the years that fizzle out after that common link is gone. That being said, I am sorry that you are hurting or feeling down about it.

Licchl05
09-01-2009, 01:28 PM
yep- we'd socialize outside of work- the one girl and i were going to do playdates with out kids, and we all would go out sometimes after work, grab a bite to eat and have some drinks.

I don't know why on earth it's bothering me so much to be honest, but atleast i now know who my real friends are.

*sigh*

Quaker_Parrots
09-01-2009, 01:33 PM
I had a former co-worker that always swore "You never truely have "friends" but just aquaintances".

Licchl05
09-01-2009, 01:41 PM
haha i meant play dates with our kids.

nice quote quaker :)

cpbaby
09-01-2009, 05:41 PM
Ive always considered a job change to be a divorce of sorts. You spend more waking time with these people than you do your own family, it seems, and as soon as you change jobs, BOOM, you are persona non grata. Even when you see them out, they act interested for the first 6 months or so, and then it tapers off to a wave if they cant figure out how to pretend they didnt see you.

Vanilla
09-02-2009, 05:29 AM
cpbaby- "If they can't figure out how to pretend they did'nt see you" I like that! Well put.

Don't take it personally Licch. When people leave jobs under these circumstances (even layoffs) it's like you become a bad luck token. These same people that treat you in this manner could have been great work buddies. In this current economic climate, this type of behavior is rampant. You have to be careful because everyone is out to save their own jobs.

Anniston
09-02-2009, 09:40 AM
I was just about to type what Vanilla said. I am sure it was not personal. They are in the mode to cover their butts.

So, even if you feel weird about it, just know it is not you, it is just them trying to stay neutral and keep that paycheck.