PDA

View Full Version : Not sure what I should do...

rangelife
08-27-2009, 07:12 PM
SO I went to American Eagle today because I had a 30% off coupon and a $25 gift card. I bought 2 t-shirts, some jewelry, and a cardigan. When I checked out I only had to pay $6 after the coupon and GC were applied. Anyway, to make a long story short, I checked the receipt when I got home and found the guy did not ring up my cardigan even though he took off the security tags and put it in the bag. I don't know if I should return it, or just keep it...If I return it, they may think I stole it because it's not on the receipt. But if I keep it that guy may get in trouble! (BTW-- I don't mean return it to get $$$ back.! I just mean return it since I wasn't charged for it) :eek:

cSoReNSoN
08-27-2009, 08:12 PM
If I were in your situation I would return the item to the store. It's unlikely you would be suspected of theft since you actually came back to the store. Good luck!

Prunella
08-27-2009, 10:02 PM
Call the store, ask to speak to the manager and explain what happened. Ask him/her what they would like you to do.

Airbuswife
08-27-2009, 10:29 PM
Call the store, ask to speak to the manager and explain what happened. Ask him/her what they would like you to do.

yes, i totally agree!

you seem like such an honest person, in this case, prunella's advice is the best. :)

ttistin
08-27-2009, 11:02 PM

This is what I would do also.

tunisia
08-28-2009, 04:26 AM
I'd call the store and explain what happened, and just be honest and tell them you don't want them to think you stole it. If you like the cardigan, then just go in and pay for it.

glad to see that you are like 'some of us' and we are few and far between these days in the honesty department.

and besides, Karma is a b***h lol

gmyers
08-28-2009, 08:37 AM
I'd call the manager too. Thats very good advice. Good luck.

iluvmybaby
08-28-2009, 10:02 AM
If you are afraid to go back, take the tag value and add 10% tax and mail a copy of the tag and the money in.

cathych
08-28-2009, 12:02 PM
He will not get in trouble for not charging you. Like everyone said, just call the manager. Stores allow for things like this, they usually use them as tax write offs. What people do not know is that in most stores (esp. large chains) every single item in the store is insured.

rangelife
08-28-2009, 12:26 PM
Thanks guys! I will call the manager and explain what happened! Who knows, maybe they'll let me keep it anyway!

gmyers
08-28-2009, 05:16 PM
Thats what I was thinking. You never know they might tell you to just keep it.

Char
08-28-2009, 08:32 PM
Yup, ya gotta let them know... or you'll never forgive yourself. Peace of mind is priceless !

They will really appreciate your honesty. GOOD FOR YOU !

Airbuswife
08-28-2009, 09:32 PM
i totally agree with char, peace of mind IS priceless!

please let us know how it goes :)

mannerswife
08-29-2009, 07:25 AM
Definitly call or return it.I would go with the good advice already given on here.

jasmine
08-30-2009, 08:27 AM
also, I hope the guy that rung you up doesn't get into to much trouble.
Thanks for being honest, it's shows how special and good in character you are....