PDA

View Full Version : Sad, moved into new apartment and can't bring our cat

dena_darling
08-27-2009, 07:23 AM
I had to move and found an apartment that I can afford. They said they do not allow pets though. I did try to sneak my cat in (i know that was wrong but we love our cat) but we got busted a month later. So I had to send him to live with my ex. :( What makes me mad though is other people in the complex have dogs. I have seen 2 other people with dogs. I miss my kittie. I would move but there is no other apartment/house that I can afford in this area. :(

galeane29
08-27-2009, 07:31 AM
Did you not check with the Complex on their pet policies BEFORE you decided to sign a lease?

hesnothere
08-27-2009, 07:39 AM
Did you not read her post? She said she checked but tried to sneak him in anyway. Not the most correct thing to do which she knows, but many do it.

I used to live in a place that said no pets but I had 3 cats when I moved in. I was able to make a deal with the management to pay an extra fee for them to stay. The next year they actually rewrote the lease with a pet clause for everyone.

Is there a chance you can talk the management into doing this? Especially when you tell them that there are others living there with pets.

mabby89
08-27-2009, 08:02 AM
So sorry about your kitty. If they allow dogs, why not the kitty also? Good luck getting your furbaby back.

galeane29
08-27-2009, 08:04 AM
Did you not read her post? She said she checked but tried to sneak him in anyway. Not the most correct thing to do which she knows, but many do it.

I used to live in a place that said no pets but I had 3 cats when I moved in. I was able to make a deal with the management to pay an extra fee for them to stay. The next year they actually rewrote the lease with a pet clause for everyone.

Is there a chance you can talk the management into doing this? Especially when you tell them that there are others living there with pets.

My point being and you did not have to be RUDE to me is that why would she sign a lease when she knew damned well they did not allow pets then get her feelings all hurt when she is told NO you cannot have your pet here?

mabby89
08-27-2009, 08:06 AM
My point being and you did not have to be RUDE to me is that why would she sign a lease when she knew damned well they did not allow pets then get her feelings all hurt when she is told NO you cannot have your pet here?

Why are you being so damn rude? No one brought in cursing in here until you did, as I said before to you, GTFOI.

galeane29
08-27-2009, 08:09 AM
Why are you being so damn rude? No one brought in cursing in here until you did, as I said before to you, GTFOI.

Eh? when have you talked to me? Oh like I care and I was not being rude, I was asking her a very legitimate question. I use to manage several apartment complexes and when they say no pets they mean no pets. If they allow pets you will pay a deposit. The renter needs to find this stuff out before hand and follow the rules. Why would anyone think they are exempt from the rules just because it would hurt their feelings?

mabby89
08-27-2009, 08:13 AM
Yeah I forget we have all the ex-working wonders of the world on BBF.

galeane29
08-27-2009, 08:15 AM
That makes no sense at all

mabby89
08-27-2009, 08:16 AM
Neither do most of your posts, but thats neither here nor there.

pepperpot
08-27-2009, 08:19 AM
:lurker:

galeane29
08-27-2009, 08:19 AM
You know you act like one of those kids in school that cant go a day without making fun of someone to make themselves feel better. You pick and pick and pick ....do you feel better now? Move on....

hesnothere
08-27-2009, 08:43 AM
You know you act like one of those kids in school that cant go a day without making fun of someone to make themselves feel better. You pick and pick and pick ....do you feel better now? Move on....

None of this would have happened if you kept your snide comment to yourself. It was obvious from the original post that she knew of the consequences and took a chance anyway. Why did you feel the need to pour salt into the wound? If you didn't have a constructive comment you should have just kept your fingers still.

As for my being rude, I simply started my statement with your very words.

I hope you can read this through your blinders.

tarasdream
08-27-2009, 08:47 AM
you both need to shake hands and let it go

mabby89
08-27-2009, 08:51 AM
None of this would have happened if you kept your snide comment to yourself. It was obvious from the original post that she knew of the consequences and took a chance anyway. Why did you feel the need to pour salt into the wound? If you didn't have a constructive comment you should have just kept your fingers still.

As for my being rude, I simply started my statement with your very words.

I hope you can read this through your blinders.

Exactly, took a chance, got paught, paid the consequence. She dealt with the situation. She came looking for sympathy, and guess what some people are sympathetic, unlike *other* people, who want to ***** and gripe about every damn little thing.

galeane29
08-27-2009, 08:52 AM
Oh it's funny how I ask a question and yes it was a DUH! you should have known better question because it's the truth and the truth hurts but I can pull so many posts from you all from this board where you have crawled others butts for stupid crap they have done or said but THAT is all well and good.....geez louis

galeane29
08-27-2009, 08:52 AM
Exactly, took a chance, got paught, paid the consequence. She dealt with the situation. She came looking for sympathy, and guess what some people are sympathetic, unlike *other* people, who want to ***** and gripe about every damn little thing.

sorry, I'm not one to sugar coat things and I'm not the only one here that does the same thing

dena_darling
08-27-2009, 08:57 AM
Yes, i did know before i signed the lease about no pets. I did not have anywhere else to live though that is why i went on and signed the lease. This is the cheapest place i could afford. I know it was wrong to try and sneak my cat in but i just feel it is not fair if other people have dogs. The manager is on vacation till Monday so i hope she might make an exception if i pay a pet deposit (kinda doubt it though).

Oh, and it really sucks because I was not really a pet lover before I got my cat. My sister found him almost 2yrs ago when he was a baby. He was in her car engine. She could not take him because she has 2 cats already. I took him (did not want to at first) and then fell in love with him.

hesnothere
08-27-2009, 09:02 AM
Oh it's funny how I ask a question and yes it was a DUH! you should have known better question because it's the truth and the truth hurts but I can pull so many posts from you all from this board where you have crawled others butts for stupid crap they have done or said but THAT is all well and good.....geez louis

I have never knocked a person who was down about a personal issue here.

hesnothere
08-27-2009, 09:04 AM
Yes, i did know before i signed the lease about no pets. I did not have anywhere else to live though that is why i went on and signed the lease. This is the cheapest place i could afford. I know it was wrong to try and sneak my cat in but i just feel it is not fair if other people have dogs. The manager is on vacation till Monday so i hope she might make an exception if i pay a pet deposit (kinda doubt it though).

Oh, and it really sucks because I was not really a pet lover before I got my cat. My sister found him almost 2yrs ago when he was a baby. He was in her car engine. She could not take him because she has 2 cats already. I took him (did not want to at first) and then fell in love with him.

I have my fingers crossed for you. I know how cats can wrap us around their little paws. Just think positive and hope she had a terrific vacation.

hesnothere
08-27-2009, 09:07 AM
you both need to shake hands and let it go

How bout if I just do the hokey pokey and turn myself about :dancing:

littlebuggy
08-27-2009, 09:12 AM
It's weird that there would be dogs and not cats. Usually places are quicker to allow a little cat than a dog. Plus, dogs have to go out to potty, (yes, i said potty lol), much harder to hide. Maybe the manager can help you figure something out.

hesnothere
08-27-2009, 09:16 AM
It's weird that there would be dogs and not cats. Usually places are quicker to allow a little cat than a dog. Plus, dogs have to go out to potty, (yes, i said potty lol), much harder to hide. Maybe the manager can help you figure something out.

I was thinking that they could also be grandfathered in. Where I lived, I also saw people with dogs and that's why I asked if I could pay extra for my cats. I was told by the management that pets used to be allowed but the rules changed a few years back. People who already had pets were allowed to keep them for an extra fee.

lizmolik
08-27-2009, 09:22 AM
I was thinking that they could also be grandfathered in. Where I lived, I also saw people with dogs and that's why I asked if I could pay extra for my cats. I was told by the management that pets used to be allowed but the rules changed a few years back. People who already had pets were allowed to keep them for an extra fee.

I was thinking the same thing. The apartments that I lived in did not allow pets, but I noticed a few people had dogs and my neighbor had a cat. Well, i went to management about it and they said the previous company used to allow them and they let the ones that already had pets keep them. I had a cat at my appartment anyways. There is no way that I would live without my kitty! lol! I honestly don't think they really cared about it though. The maintainence guy came and fixed the dishwasher and was playing with him and I never heard anything about it, so! I hope that you can find a way to get your kitty with you. I know how much animals can mean to someone. Good luck! :)

NasCat
08-27-2009, 10:22 AM
Neither do most of your posts, but thats neither here nor there.

So true, so true!

gmyers
08-27-2009, 11:18 AM
I'd ask them if they don't allow pets how come they're allowing the dogs then. Maybe they'll change their mind and you can get your cat back.

speedygirl
08-27-2009, 12:12 PM
I swear I'm getting whiplash from shaking my head so much at the absurdity of the number of threads that deteriorate these days.
The OP knows she broke the rules, takes ownership of that fact and admits she's wrong.
She misses her cat, what's wrong with her expressing that?

Renrut
08-27-2009, 12:37 PM
Hope you get yoru baby back. I would have done the same thing though lol.

Here where I live, you can have dogs under 20 pounds but that is it. No cats, no caged animals, not even fish!!!! freakin unheard of I tell ya. We have a fish so if they catch us, they catch us. It is a beta in a little bowl, not much damage can be done. Some rules are made to be broken hehehe

hesnothere
08-27-2009, 12:45 PM
Hope you get yoru baby back. I would have done the same thing though lol.

Here where I live, you can have dogs under 20 pounds but that is it. No cats, no caged animals, not even fish!!!! freakin unheard of I tell ya. We have a fish so if they catch us, they catch us. It is a beta in a little bowl, not much damage can be done. Some rules are made to be broken hehehe

OMG what's a freaking fish gonna do? Tell 'em it's a hologram

´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ **<((((((º>
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((*>

SLance68
08-27-2009, 12:49 PM

Large fish tank breaks - lots of wet carpet and flooring that smells like a fish tank. Same reason most don't allow waterbeds.

pepperpot
08-27-2009, 01:11 PM

Love the fish pic....:lol

fleabones3
08-27-2009, 04:02 PM
My mom would sneak our cats in all the time. we had one of those tall wicker baskets with a lid and would them in there and take them to the apartment. Mom was very careful about answering the door without knowing who it was, and would put them in a back bedroom if it was the landlord ..

Mary Jo
08-27-2009, 04:55 PM
Sorry you couldn't take the cat with you.
But it sounds like you found a decent home for it.
So kudos to you for not dumping the kitty and being mature enough to realize what you can afford.

Freebeemom
08-29-2009, 06:26 PM
IMO you can't live according to your pets. Yes, you could have kept looking, but in today's economy...you are limited. So, I can understand why you are sad AND why it is that you tried to sneak it in. Can't you tell them that it is your seeing eye cat?
:(

jasmine
08-29-2009, 08:15 PM
also, you gotta admit, there's nothing worse than the smell of cat pee LOL.!!!
I think thats unfair if you can't have your cat, but others can still keep there dogs, even if it is a new rule and previous owners are still allowed to keep there pets from the older rules of pets allowed, that's just wierd to me. Also, dogs can be loud, and of course if not house broke, there pee stinks too LOL.
ahh, I don't know.
I'm sorry you lost the company of your cat, I know that can hurt, and you will miss him/her.

hesnothere
How bout if I just do the hokey pokey and turn myself about

:rolling

fairydana
08-30-2009, 02:53 PM
I am so sorry that you had to get rid of your cat!! I would be completely heartbroken! Big hugs to you girl!