PDA

View Full Version : Super sore throat

iluvmybaby
08-20-2009, 10:56 AM
I have had a super sore throat and a mild fever for the last three days, it feels like I swallowed cactus. This flu and crap is going around so it took me that long to get into my Dr. Cough drops, pickle juice and warm salt water helps but just for the second I am using them. I am miserabe

Eyore
08-20-2009, 11:53 AM
Sorry your feeling bad hope you feel better soon. What did the doctor say is the problem?

jasmine
08-20-2009, 12:05 PM
strep throat??

cathych
08-20-2009, 12:26 PM
sounds like you need to get to an MD. If you have strep or something like that, the only thing that is going to kill it is penicillin. With all this n1h1 flu that is going around, I would go to be on the safe side. That stuff is uber-contagious.

iluvmybaby
08-20-2009, 05:24 PM
I never got to see the Dr mine was a work in appt so I waited for 3 hours before they closed. I did however get an appt for first thing tomorrow at 8:45, I dont know WHAT it is, but I am praying it isnt strep

jasmine
08-20-2009, 08:01 PM
well, if it's a bad sore throat, with slight fever, and if your lymph nodes (spelling?) are sore, then maybe. Better than the flu. Good luck, atleast your able to go and see a doc., if I got sick, I would just have to ride it out LOL

iluvmybaby
08-21-2009, 04:26 PM
I do NOT have strep thank gosh, I had my fingers crossed because I deal with children at work at work.

jasmine well, if it's a bad sore throat, with slight fever, and if your lymph nodes (spelling?) are sore, then maybe. Better than the flu. Good luck, atleast your able to go and see a doc., if I got sick, I would just have to ride it out LOL

Jasmine, I am one of the uninsured, I go to a sliding fee scale clinic that has a NP, you wait forever to get in ((typically 3-5 days)) but it is based on your income. I would be messed up to the umph teenth because I am a diabetic and have to go ever 6 months to get $300 worth of blood tests run.

Eyore
08-22-2009, 12:50 PM
Glad it's not strep, hopefully now you will start feeling better.

iluvmybaby
08-22-2009, 04:53 PM
TY still not feeling better, I am gargling with salt water and pickle juice and popping cough drops like crazy.

krisharry
08-22-2009, 05:40 PM
Hope you feel better soon. maybe some tea w/honey will help, also when I get sore throats I use vicks on my neck, it really seems to help

iluvmybaby
08-22-2009, 06:11 PM
Hope you feel better soon. maybe some tea w/honey will help, also when I get sore throats I use vicks on my neck, it really seems to help

I will try that, any special type of tea? I have Vicks and will put it on tonight when I go to bed, maybe that will help

DrGrin
08-22-2009, 06:33 PM
Usually when I have throat pain that isn't from strep, it's coming from drainage. Have you tried something to dry up post nasal drip? Like sudafed? (if you can take it)

cathych
08-23-2009, 10:19 AM
i have never in my born days heard of gargling with pickle juice. What is that supposed to do?

tngirl
08-23-2009, 10:40 AM
Pickle juice is an age old home remedy. I haven't ever tried it myself though.

iluvmybaby
08-23-2009, 05:00 PM
Pickle juice is an age old home remedy. I haven't ever tried it myself though.

It helps a lot, dont know HOW it works, if you cant stand gargling you can eat pickles.