PDA

View Full Version : easy Finger foods/Appetizers

The_Kinzzy
08-17-2009, 05:59 PM
My friend is having a baby shower and we are trying to think of some easy finger food/Appetizers for the party. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, Thanks

lisarae
08-17-2009, 06:03 PM
Meatballs, finger sandwiches, ham/cheese rolls.Fruit/ cheese tray. Popcorn chicken platters. Walmart makes all kinds trays if you don't like doing those yourself. I love shower foods. lol

I take some virginia or honey ham sliced medium, I take some cream cheese and spread thinly over the ham laid flat, and spinkle finely chopped green onion on it, and roll it up. I like mine not cut, but its pretty that way and serve with tooth picks.

Tortilla rollups with different meats on it. fresh lettuce, and thinly sliced tomato.

cathych
08-17-2009, 08:54 PM
My friend is having a baby shower and we are trying to think of some easy finger food/Appetizers for the party. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, Thanks

sausage balls are great, and very easy to make

1 lb of hot sausage, (the cheaper and greasier the better)
1 cup of bisquick
1 cup of shredded cheese (just buy one of those packs)

Mix all together, cook in a 350 oven for about 15 min or until they brown good. Make them about the size of large marbles, the bisquick will make them rise while cooking. Everyone loves these.

Bahet
08-18-2009, 01:19 AM
Take regular bread, cut the crusts off, and spread on some mayo. Slice cucumber about half the thickness of the bread. Cut the bread into quarters and top with a piece of sliced cucumber. Sprinkle with dill weed and season salt. It's wonderful.

tarasdream
08-18-2009, 07:01 AM
mini cuban sandwiches, barbq meatballs, pigs in a blanket. potato salad, chips and dip, crackers, cheese and pepperroni slices. i do the ham and cream cheese thing but i put a whole green onion in the middle and roll it up.at the spanish bakeries here you can get mini devil crabs and they are so good. chicken drumettes deviled eggs

loris520
08-18-2009, 09:10 AM
Fruit Pizza
This is so easy and everyone will love it. I got the recipe from Kraft a few months back.

What You Need1 pkg. (18 oz.) refrigerated sliceable sugar cookies 2 cups thawed COOL WHIP Whipped Topping 2 cups assorted fruit, such as sliced bananas, strawberry slices, grapes, nectarine slices, peeled kiwi slices Make It
PREHEAT oven to 350°F. Press dough evenly into 12-inch pizza pan. Bake 15 to 18 minutes or until golden brown. Cool in pan on wire rack.

REMOVE crust from pan; place on serving plate. Spread with whipped topping; top with fruit.

SERVE immediately. Or, cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. Cut into 16 slices to serve. Store leftover pizza in refrigerator.

DBackFan
08-18-2009, 09:42 AM
Fruit Pizza
This is so easy and everyone will love it. I got the recipe from Kraft a few months back.

What You Need1 pkg. (18 oz.) refrigerated sliceable sugar cookies 2 cups thawed COOL WHIP Whipped Topping 2 cups assorted fruit, such as sliced bananas, strawberry slices, grapes, nectarine slices, peeled kiwi slices Make It
PREHEAT oven to 350°F. Press dough evenly into 12-inch pizza pan. Bake 15 to 18 minutes or until golden brown. Cool in pan on wire rack.

REMOVE crust from pan; place on serving plate. Spread with whipped topping; top with fruit.

SERVE immediately. Or, cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. Cut into 16 slices to serve. Store leftover pizza in refrigerator.

Oh Lori that sounds so good, thanks!

lisarae
08-18-2009, 09:44 AM
Fruit Pizza

I make a veggie pizza as well, same concept, put use crescent rolls for the crust. After it cools top with a cream cheese, hidden valley ranch powdered dressing mixed with a little mayo, mixture, and top with broccoli, carrots, cauliflower, onions, green peppers, radishes. Any of your liking.. And sprinkle with shredded cheese. Its soo good. And very pretty.

DBackFan
08-18-2009, 10:32 AM
I make a veggie pizza as well, same concept, put use crescent rolls for the crust. After it cools top with a cream cheese, hidden valley ranch powdered dressing mixed with a little mayo, mixture, and top with broccoli, carrots, cauliflower, onions, green peppers, radishes. Any of your liking.. And sprinkle with shredded cheese. Its soo good. And very pretty.

Are all the veggies raw then?

loris520
08-18-2009, 11:16 AM
Oh Lori that sounds so good, thanks!

Oh it is so good and easy lol. I brought this to a few parties this summer and everyone loved it!

Mom2-3boys
08-18-2009, 02:01 PM
My family loves the fruit pizza too....but we use cream cheese, cool whip and a 3oz. package of flavored Jello.. usually Strawberry. Good stuff!

Anniston
08-18-2009, 04:00 PM
Fun thread! I have new, fun ideas too!

Faithfully
08-18-2009, 06:41 PM
A simple one I make is:
Take a container of Cool whip, and mix it with one container of your favorite yogurt.
Use a a dip for pound cake bites, and fruit, its yummy.

leanne
08-19-2009, 04:48 AM
Pinwheels:flour tortillas,cream cheese(can mix with a package of ranch seasoning),ham,turkey or any kind of meat that you would like to use,cheese slices of any kind.
Spread cream cheese on tortillas.Place meat slices all over to cover the tortilla.Place cheese slices on top.Roll up and cut.Very easy and very good.

Take a hawaiian bread bowl and pull the middle out into pieces.Arrange the pieces all around the outside of the bread bowl.You will probably need more hawaiian bread pieces though.Dice up some cucumbers and add ranch dressing to this.Then pour the ranch and cucumbers inside the bread bowl.Use the bread pieces for dipping.This is so good.My family loves this

Velveeta,small box of spinach and one can of green chilies and diced tomatoes(mild).Cut up the velveeta into cubes and melt.Add the spinach,chilies and diced tomatoes.Serve with any kind of chips.

Lil smokies in a crockpot with grape jelly and chilli sauce
Mixed nuts in a dish
Mints in a dish
Cubed ham,olives and cubed cheese on toothpicks

lisarae
08-20-2009, 12:14 PM
Are all the veggies raw then?

Yes, Its all raw veggies! If I had the stuff I'd make some right now, its so yummy!

Barcode
08-20-2009, 10:04 PM
Since someone mentioned Deviled Eggs, I would like to offer my spin on them. I make chicken salad and stuff the eggs with that instead of the yolk filling. Those ham roll ups sound tasty, in fact it all sounds good and giving the munchies bad, makes me want to go in the kitchen and cook. Have fun at the shower.