PDA

View Full Version : Schwan's

Quaker_Parrots
08-12-2009, 10:58 PM
Anyone else use the free $10 from the freebie board? I place an order almost 2 weeks ago and have yet to receive my order.

Has anyone else had a problem with this service? I can tell you if this is the way ther operate, I will not place anymore orders with them.

myspirit
08-13-2009, 12:58 AM
Be patient. They have a scheduled delivery route. Ours here isn't until tomorrow. You can call Schwans and find out when they do your route. Rural areas are about every two weeks.

tarasdream
08-13-2009, 01:00 AM
i got mine 2 days ago, it depends on where you live they have certain service days and thats when they deliver. whatever day is set up for your area is when you will get it, and you have to be home because they cant leave it. if you call them they will tell you when it will come

lisarae
08-13-2009, 05:36 AM
my husband ordered and got it in under a week...

teenap
08-13-2009, 05:45 AM
our guy said they run every two weeks
I dont think I would be upset over not getting something you didnt pay for in the first place, IMO

freeplease
08-13-2009, 06:36 AM
I quit ordering from them when they changed our schedule without notice, tried to tell me I ordered stuff when I didn't, and our favorite driver quit. All the bad stuff happened AFTER he left.

Plus, they're kind of expensive. Although I can't say this out loud. My BIL's girlfriend works at one of the offices. Luckily, not around here. lol

galeane29
08-13-2009, 07:17 AM
I ordered when the code first came out and my order will be here today. Sign into your account and it will tell you your delivery date.

jasmine
08-13-2009, 07:26 AM
I agree, it is quit expensive, but it is sooooo good. I love the perogies.

Willow
08-13-2009, 09:13 AM
We ordered the day that it started and got our order the following Tuesday. They only deliver in our area every two weeks as well. We are planning on ordering from them once in a while.

ahippiechic
08-13-2009, 09:45 AM
They come here every week, so it didn't take long to get mine. You can check the del. date in your account.

BBELEAZAHR
08-13-2009, 09:58 AM
I just ordered mine last night and its scheduled for delivery today :) I ordered the garlic cheese biscuts and some icecream. I had a flyer on my door a couple weeks ago with a coupon for free icecream so Im happy!!!

Quaker_Parrots
08-13-2009, 11:37 AM
Today is another delivery date. They have already missed one, which was the 4th. Nothing yet. I am not mad about not getting a "free" item. I think they can handle their business better than what they do. The next possible delivery after today is the 5th.

All it says on my account is "received" I emailed them, havent heard anything from that either.

I just wanted to try their stuff. If I liked it, and the service, I honestly was going to start ordering from them. My MIL loves the pizzas.

i think it will be cheaper and more convenient to just go to Sam's club.

Shann
08-13-2009, 02:59 PM
Call their 800# and they will tell you. I actually called and was told it would be delivered on Friday, (this was last Thursday) and w/in a few hours the driver called and said he was on his way. The routes out here are 2 weeks also. I have to say though I was shocked at how small the rainbow sticks were and the price is so not worth it. Unfortunately I don't think we'll continue to order from them, you're right it's so much cheaper elsewhere plus we get a lovely delivery charge added on, I thought that is why the items were so expensive in the first place? We'll stick w/ going to the store and getting orange dream bars that actually taste good, get more and pay half the price. Oh.. and the paper doesn't stick to the ones we get in the store, don't know bout you all, but I don't like eating paper :p

QP, if you lived closer I'd send you my order.

starduster31
08-13-2009, 03:06 PM
I am very happy with my order, I can't gripe, it was free, LOL.

vicky122
08-13-2009, 03:53 PM
I am upset free or not. I wanted to try them out and for me if this was the service they have then I will not order from them.

Willow
08-13-2009, 06:08 PM
I am upset free or not. I wanted to try them out and for me if this was the service they have then I will not order from them.

Considering the promotion was for 500,000 I imagine that they were really overwhelmed. When the guy delivered our ice cream he said that he was way behind with his deliveries due to this promotion and having to deliver all of the free items.

iluvmybaby
08-15-2009, 06:43 PM
I just ordered mine last night and its scheduled for delivery today :) I ordered the garlic cheese biscuts and some icecream. I had a flyer on my door a couple weeks ago with a coupon for free icecream so Im happy!!!

I love their garlic cheese biscuits they are almost better then sex

SurferGirl
08-15-2009, 08:54 PM
I really love their unbreaded fish, it's great on the grill.
What is really great is they deliver it at work so if I'm not home they drop off my order there.

mikang
08-16-2009, 01:04 AM
I love a lot of things they have. I order from them every two weeks and so far I haven't had any trouble. My family loves the pizza and just about everything else I buy from them. It is a little more expensive, but where I live I have to drive a ways to the store so when I figure in the gas it's not that much more for me. Our driver is so nice, she gave us an awesome chocolate cake at christmas time! She's having surgery this week so we'll have to get used to another driver for about 6 weeks.

gmyers
08-16-2009, 09:55 AM
Their food looks good but its way to high for me.

azwup05
08-21-2009, 06:09 PM
Was scheduled for today. Called, message was left around 8 pm to check, no response so the lady on the phone left my # for the guy to call me. No call, and it's past the 9pm end of deliveries. I realy don't think a 5 week turnaround is gonna work for me. I actually ordered more than the free because I wanted to try them out.

WendyLou75
08-21-2009, 09:32 PM
I must of been one of the few that didn't have a problem... :) We ordered the Goulash for free, the brats, some stuffed chicken breasts and the buffalo chicken dip. So far we've tried the brats and Goulash. I can't complain at all!!! We got all that for $27 and had almost $15 in discounts.
John has known our driver for a while now...at least a couple years. They both had Gastric Bypass and they really seem to like each other as friends, more than someone delivering a service.
Todd, our driver, said that so far they'd given away 100,000 or 200,000 free items so far...so the turn around they're having is normal.
He took the time to go through the catalog with us, and told us that often they have specials online that you can not get in the catalog...and the next special is if you buy $25 he takes off $5, $50 and you get $10 off I think...and that gets you 2 more coupons to use until the end of the year.
I am sooooo on this Schwans rules bandwagon! :D
He told us the best way to order honestly is through online only. I think he sat out there and just B.S'd with John for like 30 minutes. :D
So I hope it works out for ya'll... I'm loving my guy.

Oh I also wanted to add that he had tried to come on Monday but we were already at work...so he said he'd try again "later". Well he called on Thursday I think and said he was no where near us but he knew it'd be another 2 weeks if he didn't come out that day so he drove all the way back so he could deliver. :D

azwup05
08-22-2009, 10:21 AM
No more vent or whine from me. Found out that my driver had to do 2 delivery days for this route due to this promo and he left just a few minutes ago. I am very happy with the amount of product and everyone associated with the company that I have spoken to has been very friendly. I think I will be looking forward to keeping this service.