PDA

View Full Version : Virgin Mobile - The Worst Cell Phone Company EVER!!

Dolores
08-11-2009, 09:28 AM
My advice is, DO NOT USE VIRGIN MOBILE! Just finished fighting with them...again! Had 2 kids on Virgin Mobile. They charged me THREE times for one of the phones in June. I talked to their customer service about a half dozen times and finally got ONE of the two overcharges credited back to my card. They keep saying they have no record of the second overcharge even though my bank does! Today I finally just disputed the second charge with my bank. I had these phones set up for unlimited texting but limited minutes. I did not authorize any "topoffs" when they ran out of minutes for the month. If they use all their talk time then they just have to text, which is what kids mostly do now anyway. Unfortunately, Virgin Mobile kept topping them off to the tune of $10.68 every time I turned around! First I got reps saying they'd credit it back, but they never did and then, today, I got one who said that the topoffs were authorized! So I disputed a couple of those too. When I signed up for their phones, ATT, which DH and I use, didn't have a way to limit the number of minutes used by a specific phone. DH talked to them this morning and found they now have some excellent plans for teenagers. For $22 extra a month I can add the 2 kids, get 300 additional minutes and unlimited texting for them. Virgin Mobile, I am soooo gone!!!!

tommyjo
08-11-2009, 10:26 AM
My advice is, DO NOT USE VIRGIN MOBILE! Just finished fighting with them...again! Had 2 kids on Virgin Mobile. They charged me THREE times for one of the phones in June. I talked to their customer service about a half dozen times and finally got ONE of the two overcharges credited back to my card. They keep saying they have no record of the second overcharge even though my bank does! Today I finally just disputed the second charge with my bank. I had these phones set up for unlimited texting but limited minutes. I did not authorize any "topoffs" when they ran out of minutes for the month. If they use all their talk time then they just have to text, which is what kids mostly do now anyway. Unfortunately, Virgin Mobile kept topping them off to the tune of $10.68 every time I turned around! First I got reps saying they'd credit it back, but they never did and then, today, I got one who said that the topoffs were authorized! So I disputed a couple of those too. When I signed up for their phones, ATT, which DH and I use, didn't have a way to limit the number of minutes used by a specific phone. DH talked to them this morning and found they now have some excellent plans for teenagers. For $22 extra a month I can add the 2 kids, get 300 additional minutes and unlimited texting for them. Virgin Mobile, I am soooo gone!!!!

so sorry about your bad experience, but I have used Virgin Mobile for over 5 years with no problems at all.

cathych
08-11-2009, 12:50 PM
I have also used virgin for about a year, use their prepaid program. I pay 6.99 a month to have calls for .10 a minute. I used tracfone for over 3 years, hated their customer service, always got someone in a foreign country.

dv8grl
08-11-2009, 03:17 PM
Virgin Mobile here, too.
Never had a problem., except with coverage in the rural SouthEast.
You sure the kids didn't get online & top up themselves? I have mine set to paypal & never have to enter any info, just that I want to top up $10 & it just takes it from paypal., its all stored in my acct.. KWIM?

Renrut
08-11-2009, 03:17 PM
Wow, I have used them for years and never any problems. had some isssues with a phone and had to have 3 diff ones sent to me but they were always fast and understanding. Sorry to hear you are having problems!!

speedygirl
08-11-2009, 03:25 PM
My kids and I had them several years back and had no problems either. You might want to check the site to see if the auit topoff button when it gets under $5 is checked off. Mine was automatically set like that and you can uncheck it.

Dolores
08-11-2009, 07:54 PM
My kids and I had them several years back and had no problems either. You might want to check the site to see if the auit topoff button when it gets under $5 is checked off. Mine was automatically set like that and you can uncheck it.

That's one of the problems I had. Auto topoff was off. I double checked that. The first time they charged me, about 6 months ago, it was checked for one phone so I unchecked it. I just don't see how they "lost" a $44.86 overcharge. Today I had "Ryan" in customer service on one line and my bank's customer service rep on another. She gave me the transaction numbers for the two $44.86 charges and I relayed them to him. He still said they didn't have it and he'd have to route the problem to some accounting department. My bank rep then told me to just dispute the charges so I said that was exactly what I would do. Then "Ryan" said that if I disputed these charges they might have to discontinue my service! That is when I hung him up! I'm "discontinuing" the service myself. Already removed my credit card info from their site. I guess it's a good thing that the two phones were started at different times and have different accounts and billing dates, otherwise the month's overcharge would have been twice what it was! If they still charge me when the next billing cycle starts for the first phone, which bills on the 14th, things are going to get really ugly.

iluvmybaby
08-12-2009, 05:35 AM
I would report the card associated with the account stolen, I can not imagine being as patient as you, taking money out of my account like that. I no longer keep a bank account but in mine, every penny had a purpose and I would have overdrafted. Moral of the story, do not use a debit card associated with your banking account as they can do that without asking and get away with it. So step one would be, report the card as stolen/lost so they can stop charging you. Then if you keep virigin mobile go down to walmart and get a greendot card or something prepaid like that in which is not attached to your bank account

cabby92
08-12-2009, 08:44 AM
When I signed up for their phones, ATT, which DH and I use, didn't have a way to limit the number of minutes used by a specific phone. DH talked to them this morning and found they now have some excellent plans for teenagers.

I got real excited when I read this since I have ATT Wireless and an ongoing battle with my daughter over minutes used. I checked my account and it says I can limit texts and downloads but there is no way to limit minutes at this time. :getyou