PDA

View Full Version : Ebay Seller

cab1277
08-08-2009, 01:17 PM
I bought a lot of boys clothes from an Ebay seller. They had over 100 feedback but only a few of those were as a seller. Anyway, I get my box today and the lot was severely misrepresented. The lot was listed as slightly worn with no holes except for one shirt. Three shirts had holes, one of those had stains too. The shorts that she threw in to make up for the one that was identified with holes are very badly stained. I emailed her about this. First she told me that I had to return them. Then she told me that she would refund me $12 (a little more than half) and to keep them. I agreed to this. Well, instead of refunding from the original transaction she sent me a seperate payment for $12. Now it looks like I have to ship her something. I have a dispute opened in Paypal for Not as described. I asked her to respond to the dispute and indicate that the $12 she sent was intended as a partial refund for the Ebay transaction. This protects me and her. For some reason she cannot do this. She hasn't said that but we have been communicating back and forth and she acts like she didn't get that email and she hasn't done it. Now she's claiming that she "over-refunded" me by sending $19 and change. I don't know how she did that. She's asking me to send her back that money. It is not in my account. I don't know where she sent it, or even if she sent it. She tried to close the dispute by "officially" offering me a $.01 refund. I declined that because she could later dispute the $12 transaction. Some people really shouldn't be sellers :(

SLance68
08-08-2009, 01:40 PM
She sounds like a professional scammer.

Shann
08-08-2009, 01:51 PM
I agree w/ SLance. I hope this gets straightened out. It seems these days the majority of ppl on ebay are scammers yet ebay doesn't seem to care. :(

cab1277
08-08-2009, 02:14 PM
Now she's saying that she must have "confused the refund with other transactions". Whatever. She is still acting like she is too dense to post what I need her to on the dispute form. Oh well at least her last post linked the $12.00 payment to the transaction. I emailed Paypal. I will not take any action until I hear back from them. IF they could just put some sort of "guarantee that she couldn't dispute the $12, the I would be fine. I will even still leave her positive as I said I would when she offered the refund. Her DSRs will take a hit though. At least the ones for being as described and communication.

DBackFan
08-08-2009, 04:16 PM
Leave the paypal dispute open and let them figure it out.

iluvmybaby
08-09-2009, 02:08 PM
She sounds like a professional scammer.

That is what I am thinking. Let paypal settle it out, that is there job and why they make outrageous fees

cab1277
08-10-2009, 06:55 AM
Paypal told me the only thing I could do was file a claim and send the stuff back, and that she could still dispute the $12 she sent. So since I was going to be out the shipping anyway, I went ahead and sent her back the $12. Then I went into the dispute form and requested a refund of $12. Well surprise, surprise, she actually granted it. So maybe she wasn't a scammer. Maybe she just wasn't too bright. Who knows. Anyway, I just wanted to post an update to let you guys know that everything worked out. Although I will probably think twice about buying any more clothes on Ebay.

iluvmybaby
08-10-2009, 08:01 AM
Paypal told me the only thing I could do was file a claim and send the stuff back, and that she could still dispute the $12 she sent. So since I was going to be out the shipping anyway, I went ahead and sent her back the $12. Then I went into the dispute form and requested a refund of $12. Well surprise, surprise, she actually granted it. So maybe she wasn't a scammer. Maybe she just wasn't too bright. Who knows. Anyway, I just wanted to post an update to let you guys know that everything worked out. Although I will probably think twice about buying any more clothes on Ebay.

I hope you sent it back with delivery confrimation

Anniston
08-11-2009, 08:08 AM
Wow, what an ordeal to go through for clothes. I bet she thought that people would not dispute the misrepresentation. That sucks.

gonnascream
08-12-2009, 02:21 PM
sometimes it's just easier to chalk it up to never buy from her again and give her the neg. I just got a pair of new balance shoes from a seller that said they were New with out Box. all good, except the insides were covered in dang cat hair! Looked like fluffy tried to escape and chickened out.