PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone watch "More to Love"?

DBackFan
08-04-2009, 11:57 AM
THis is a show with a large man ( 6'3 330 lbs) and 20 curvy plus size women to pick from. It is just like The Bachelor except they are larger size people and he gives them rings not roses.

I liked it. I think in some ways it is great for their self esteem but heart wrenching for those who go.

http://images.zap2it.com/programs/3580663/p3580663_ce_h1_aa.jpg
The host and the bachelor

swan0002
08-04-2009, 12:10 PM
I watched it and liked it too!

BeanieLuvR
08-04-2009, 12:25 PM
I forgot about the first episode being last Tuesday but caught the rerun on Friday. I liked it and plan on watching.

DBackFan
08-04-2009, 08:51 PM
I forgot about the first episode being last Tuesday but caught the rerun on Friday. I liked it and plan on watching.

I thought the 1st episode was last night. At least he just met all the girls and sent his first ones home.

Oh I see last night was an encore and its on right now! Woo hoo!

DBackFan
08-05-2009, 09:02 AM
OK I agreed with his picks to leave last night but I think all these tears are going to drive me batty. I , for the most part, feel there pain. I have been overweight since a child but c'mon..lol

Kristian seems a complete sweetheart but she is stalker material and needs to back down OMG! That blonde Malissa needs to be slapped :D

suzski
08-05-2009, 09:24 AM
I've watched both episodes and am glad that 'real' women are appearing on reality TV. I agree that it is gut-wrenching to watch some of those ladies leave, as most have very low self-esteem, and being sent home on national TV is probably not going to raise it any. I think the guy is pretty straightforward, though, and expect that, if he finds 'the one', there won't be any "Bachelor" endings (here's a ring...no wait, give it back....).

prcsanglas
08-05-2009, 09:25 AM
Personally, I watched the first 2 episodes. The first one was pretty good, but the second one really turned me off of the show. I think alot of these women already had issues and now they will be worse based on their exits.
I'm not saying that the show idea is bad because I think its great they are showing the world the other side, me being a size 22. I just think that maybe they should have picked women that had more confidence in themselves.

DBackFan
08-05-2009, 12:26 PM
I agree with you two on the self esteem issues. I think there is a majority of bigger woman who do. It makes it hard I mean..its nice to see a show where the women are not all a size 2 but I agree its tough with all the issues. Hopefully they offer counseling at least.
I mean a guy just has to be nice to them and they think they are falling in love.

He was so sweet to the girl who got sick and also to be so considerate of the bigger Melissa's weight issues in the swimsuit.

Shann
08-11-2009, 02:47 PM
I mean a guy just has to be nice to them and they think they are falling in love.

This aspect is driving me crazy. I understand how hard it is to find someone when you're bigger and I no doubt agree that all of those women have been through so much emotionally when it comes to love but geesh! Just b/c a guy talks to you doesn't mean there is love. They all want to marry him but do they even really know him? They are definitely acting out of desperation more than anything. As much as all of us want to find love, you have to realize there needs to be a connection for it to work, and a guy being nice to you is NOT a connection.

I cannot stand the blond Melissa either, I doubt he's going to pick her and I'm waiting to see the sad look on her face when she realizes it :D I know mean, but shut up all ready!

Kristian, she needs to go home and get some help. She is a stalker and I would be afraid of her.

Let's see whose that girl who wanted to give him the dish? I'm shocked she's still there as I think that would be a TOTAL turn off. Like he said, that's what the dating process is for.

It would be really interesting if the contestants all had to take personality tests and what not to actually see how compatible they are with the guy.

Like I said I know it's hard to find love when you're bigger but millions of men and women who are bigger have, so it's not impossible. I think their negative body imagine (which I can again, understand) is getting in the way of that. No one will want to be w/ you when you hate yourself. You have to fix the inside and love yourself before someone else can love you.

DBackFan
08-12-2009, 10:29 AM
I was so hoping in the end he would have sent Kristian home instead of all that drama. I am glad Danielle went home but I don't like Lauren either and had hoped for her disappearance..lol I liked the girl, can't remember her name, the dark haired "goth looking" one..lol. I was sad to see her go but she did it with a lot of class. Still don't like Malissa but at least we didn't see much of her. Keeping Kristian and Melby are for drama I think, its sad.

Shann
08-12-2009, 02:49 PM
I agree Tami! I really liked Bonnie as well, but I was sick of her saying how she would scare his mother... did she honestly know this? Not everyone is so conservative and if I had a son and he brought home a lady looking like her I wouldn't immediately think she's no good for him, ya know? She has her own style and I like it, personally. :)

I was hoping Kristian and Lauren would go home too. Wow can Danielle talk :lol I'm a talker too but I don't know that I would talk that much while on a date. LOL

I cannot remember who Melby is and I'm also glad we didn't hear much from Melissa.

I just am so amazed at how Luke is the "perfect guy" for all of them. :rolleyes: Again, I would love to see how compatible they are from some experts. :)

DBackFan
08-12-2009, 03:58 PM
Melby is the biggest girl who cries all the time and had never been on a date. She actually started enjoying herself at the "prom"..lol I mean I like her but if he wants a confident woman she is not that.
Malissa (the blonde one) and Melissa (the dark haired one) were funny because he called the Me 1st at the ring ceremony..lol :D

I ike the matching by experst idea, they do that on Dating in the Dark.

suzski
09-09-2009, 07:42 AM
Was anyone else disappointed that he put Melissa in the final two?

DBackFan
09-09-2009, 04:03 PM
Was anyone else disappointed that he put Melissa in the final two?

Well I know I was. I didn't like Tali (sp) that much in the beginning but she really grew on me so I hope he picks her.

suzski
09-16-2009, 06:25 AM
Woohoo! Yea Tali!

DBackFan
09-16-2009, 08:11 AM
Oh CRAP! I got into the Biggest Loser and forgot to tape it, I hope I can find it online. I am so glad Tali won. Was Malissa devastated? HeHe...

suzski
09-16-2009, 08:45 AM
I think she was REALLY surprised she didn't win. IMO it was all about the 'win' and not the guy to her. You should have seen when she was playing pool...her competitive side really showed....as it did when she was talking with his Mom.

I hope that this couple does better than those that have appeared on the Bachelor. Fingers crossed.

Shann
09-17-2009, 09:27 PM
Finally watched this this morning. Have to say I didn't really like the last two girls standing. There is something about Tali I just don't like, did you see the looks she would give ppl if she didn't approve of what they were saying/doing? wow! And w/ her being stubborn, probs are going to arise! And Melissa definitely didn't seem genuine, one does have to wonder why she never watched her sister's son but says she wants kids???

I'm kind of curious if there will be an update on how they are doing now, I'm sure it's been months since the final taping.

Char
09-17-2009, 09:37 PM
Well, the whole show, I was never crazy about the guy, I don't find him at all handsome, and, I think he's built like a female. I mean, he even has moobs !! My man is big too, but, he's built like a man. I just don't find him as much of a 'prize'.

I think Tali is really beautiful... for a 26 year old. I hope it works out for them.