PDA

View Full Version : So sore from painting I can hardily lift my arms

iluvmybaby
07-31-2009, 10:31 PM
I got a champion workout painting, I repainted every room in the little house and laid down tile to boot, it looks great but I am so sore I feel like I have been hit by a mack truck. I can hardily lift my arms. I am going to take two Tylenol and hit the hay. I am tired but proud of myself. All my things are put away and the new landlord is a dream, she reimbursed me for all of the paint even though it wasn't part of our lower rent agreement, and agreed to the same lowered price. Today I went over and collected the rest of my stuff, I brought a local sheriff with me just to keep the peace as the male ex roommate is belligerent and that way I could not be accused of anything later on.

dv8grl
08-01-2009, 03:42 AM
Landlord is probably stoked to have an honest, clean tenant!
You should be very proud of yourself!

tunisia
08-01-2009, 04:07 AM
yes, I am sure the landlord is happy to have someone that will take pride in their place and keep it clean and quiet. I know the sore arms post-painting syndrome. lol but isn't it a great feeling of satisfaction?

and the best part is...you get to sit in your apt. in total peace and quiet and look at all your hard work and when you're tired....you can go lay down on a CLEAN mattress! lol

SLance68
08-01-2009, 08:50 AM
The tired arms will be a small price to pay for the peace and quite. I am sure the landlord is happy to have someone that is responsible and willing to do work on the place.

fleabones3
08-01-2009, 09:52 AM
I bet it looks great! The sore arms will feel better soon, and you can look around and say damn i am goooood! You got the whole place to yourself, peace and quiet, and no more worrying about roommates!

Shann
08-02-2009, 12:17 AM
good for you, you should be proud of yourself :D Enjoy your new place, roommates are highly overrated ;)

iluvmybaby
08-02-2009, 05:07 PM
good for you, you should be proud of yourself :D Enjoy your new place, roommates are highly overrated ;)

I love it Shann. I don't have to worry about privacy anymore, it is worth the scrimping and saving I and going without to have my own place.

cathych
08-02-2009, 08:37 PM
my son who is living with several roomies is getting ready to find his own place. He said after a day at work he did not want to be dealing with other peoples issues, and you didn't really have any privacy when you shared a place with others, and they were always eating his food that he bought with the money he earned. sucks.

iluvmybaby
08-04-2009, 12:57 PM
my son who is living with several roomies is getting ready to find his own place. He said after a day at work he did not want to be dealing with other peoples issues, and you didn't really have any privacy when you shared a place with others, and they were always eating his food that he bought with the money he earned. sucks.

It is a hardship if you have tight finances, but it is worth every single penny, it has forced me to be more thrifty and has taught me more about price comparison, home repairs ((insulation is key for preventing excess energy consumption)) and about using coupons effectively. For example, a kroger an hour away doubles coupons up to $0.65 and on some days, doubles up to $1.00. I do not make a special trip, every two weeks I have to take my grandmother the town for a Drs appt, so I load up with everything I need and just supplement fresh fruit and dairy products in between.