PDA

View Full Version : Arrrrrrggggggghhhhh!

WendyLou75
07-31-2009, 03:14 PM
ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

(Okay I feel better now...)

(Just stressing out over the wedding... still have to pay for wedding invitations, get a wedding dress, his ring... then there's the gas, hotel, food times 2...once to go get the wedding license - we're getting married in SC, then the wedding itself. Mom can't help, his Mom can't help, Dad won't...thank God for good paying jobs. I almost cried today... Mom tried to convince me I needed to move locations for the wedding, says she can't help, and it's basically a bad idea to get married in SC. Harder financially, much easier legally...) Okay gotta go back to work now... I'll have a meltdown later! LMAO!

tunisia
07-31-2009, 07:06 PM
I know when I got married 8 years ago, I lived in NY, hubby lived here in Ohio. we got married here in OH. thank goodness for the internet! I did most of my planning(cake, flowers, etc) by finding the businesses in the online yellow pages and placing phone calls. was lucky with the dress---$99 off the rack @David's Bridal. shoes at Value City-$15 clearance Kenneth Cole and I swear the material on the shoe was just like they were made from the same material in the gown.

even with such a small small wedding, it was very stressful. I can't imagine planning a wedding w/many guests and doing it all out of state.

when is the wedding?

ilovecats
07-31-2009, 07:46 PM
If this is stressing you out so much and money is an issue,why not just quietly marry with a justice of the peace?I realize you want a "real" wedding,but is it worth the stress?I hope things work out for you,good luck.

WendyLou75
07-31-2009, 09:12 PM
Hi again... ;)

Money's an issue but not really... it's more like one of those situations where I'm being paranoid about the money and there's no reason to be... I'm not seeing the big picture. It's a very small wedding... just me, him, and possibly his Mom, 2 sisters, and my Mom and her boyfriend. Dad's in Illinois with my Step Mom.

Wedding is Sept. 24th, 2009. :D

We figured if we put back money each paycheck, we'd be okay...and I managed to move around some money so what I would of had to of put back this check was already put back if that makes sense. He's putting money back too. He's the logical, sane one in this... I'm just trying to make sure it's perfect.

God's never let us down before...so I'm sure it's all in His plan and some how some way we'll get this figured out. In the mean time, I'm gonna go look on Ebay for the perfect dress. :D

teenap
08-01-2009, 06:24 AM
print the invites yourself, you will save a ton of money, I bought ours on clearance at Walmart, grand total of 8.00
try goodwill for a dress, amazing what you can find there, or maybe a store that will let you rent one
Good luck

SLance68
08-01-2009, 08:47 AM
I agree with Teenap when my BFF got married she rented the wedding gown and the brides maid dresses. It was so much easier, less expensive and none of the bridesmaids got stuck with a ugly dress that they paid too much for and would never wear again.

I would even check out Office Depot/Office Max/Staples for invitations. There is NO written law that says they have to be golden engraved invitations. Print them on a good laser printer (or even a good copier) and no one except you will be the wiser.

cathych
08-01-2009, 05:08 PM
i got married in my parents living room with a few close friends there. I guess I did alright; been married 30 years now. We went to my bil's wedding a few years ago, gosh it musta cost thousands. Full greek wedding, dancing and singing all night. Like "my big fat greek wedding", literally.

iluvmybaby
08-01-2009, 09:44 PM
I would even check out Office Depot/Office Max/Staples for invitations. There is NO written law that says they have to be golden engraved invitations. Print them on a good laser printer (or even a good copier) and no one except you will be the wiser.

Dress them up by using bows/pressed flowers. They will cost pennies to make/print and look like you paid out the rear end

WendyLou75
08-05-2009, 10:09 PM
Okay I found the wedding dress on Ebay... $95 and it is GORGEOUS!!! Very classic and beautiful!

Invitations are on the way... got them at VistaPrint and they look very nice, I've never been disappointed in them.

lisarae
08-06-2009, 05:13 AM
My husband and I got married in 95, I was 19 and he 21. We had a pretty good size wedding. Big wedding for around here. It cost my parents about 5000. We had 3 attendants a piece, flower girl, ring bearer. Ushers, candelabras, pianist/soloist. Lots of food at the reception. (My mom worked with flowers, and worked catering so we got a deal on alot of things,) But I tell you what.. As pretty as it was, I would have LOVED to take that $5000 and had a WONDERFUL honeymoon somewhere. A week versus one night. Dont get me wrong, I am so greatful for what we had, but hindsight now, that was alot of money to be spent to say I DO, when we couldve done a simple little ceremony.LOL

Have fun whatever you do, enjoy your lives together.