PDA

View Full Version : Two more of my fur-babies are very sick.

Aloha from paradise
07-31-2009, 12:09 PM
I have an appointment at 10.00am today. Are they all going to die before I leave on Monday???:sob:sob:sob

justme23
07-31-2009, 12:38 PM
I'm so sorry Shirley :(

fleabones3
07-31-2009, 01:11 PM
I hope they get better soon!!! When I got my kitten from the Humane society he had a URI and it took a antibiotic shot, a vitamin K shot plus oral antibiotics for 10 days before it cleared. I really hope they get well fast

Eyore
07-31-2009, 03:31 PM
I'm so sorry, hope they get better.

lucimPI
07-31-2009, 04:24 PM
OH, Shirl, I am so sorry. I do so hope that they will snap out of it and get better very quickly.

iluvmybaby
07-31-2009, 06:26 PM
I am so sorry you are going through all of this. I will keep my fingers crossed for all your fur babies

Quaker_Parrots
07-31-2009, 06:52 PM
Are you sure the food you are feeding isnt contaminated? This sounds alot like what happened to pets when there was that big recall a couple of years back.

taz69
07-31-2009, 06:59 PM
I'm so sorry <<<<<HUGS>>>>

DBackFan
07-31-2009, 07:41 PM
I am so so sorry Shirl :hug

ilovecats
07-31-2009, 07:49 PM
So sorry things are going so bad for you.Sending good vibes for those kitties.

ElleGee
07-31-2009, 08:08 PM
*sigh... I am so sorry. I hope they get better. You don't need this shiz now :hug

buglebe
07-31-2009, 09:43 PM
Are UTI's contagious between cats? They are not between humans. Just wondering?

shadowcats
07-31-2009, 10:16 PM
shes right check the food there just mite be something in it thats causeing it.
good luck ,,,,,,,,,, :headshake:pray:pray:pray:cry:cry

Aloha from paradise
07-31-2009, 10:31 PM
Are you sure the food you are feeding isnt contaminated? This sounds alot like what happened to pets when there was that big recall a couple of years back.

I thought about that. The food comes in on a barge and can sit in the sun for hours. But I still have three cats that are in good health. The two I took in this morning got the fluid under the skin and one x-ray. I don't like the vet I saw today but my regular vet was off. So we are using a stronger antibiotic . I also gave them a low dose adult aspirin to try and get the fever This is one that I have to use a needle and put it into her back in the muscle. So on Monday I will take their temperature at 4.00am and see if the fever has gone down. Then Randy can call the vets when he gets home and see if they want to keep doing the shots a few more days. I'll have to show Randy how to do the shots.
Mariah seems to be better but Magenta is acting like T.O. was. They are related and look the same. I will just keep praying for them and that the others stay healthy. Thanks to all of you for the kind thoughts and prayers.

Magenta
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v735/shirl50/Jun2018.jpg

Mariah
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v735/shirl50/Mariah.jpg

Aloha from paradise
08-01-2009, 03:43 PM
Are URI's contagious between cats? They are not between humans. Just wondering?

VERY MUCH SO! I'm not yelling sorry. You need to wash your hands with antibacterial soap after touching each cat. It spreads like a wildfire.

Aloha from paradise
08-01-2009, 03:47 PM
shes right check the food there just mite be something in it thats causeing it.
good luck ,,,,,,,,,, :headshake:pray:pray:pray:cry:cry

The vet said there is a new strain of URI going around. Its kind of like how the flu we get each year mutates this URI is doing the same thing.

Aloha from paradise
08-01-2009, 03:53 PM
Mariah seems to be responding to the new meds. Magenta looks and sounds awful. We have put her in the vet hospital and if she isn't better by Monday Randy is going to have to put her down. I feel bad that I won't be here to do it because I always take them in and stay with them. My voice and face are the last thing they see and hear before going to the Rainbow Bridge and I bring them home and Randy buries them down in the garden and puts a beautiful plant on top of the grave.

BeanieLuvR
08-01-2009, 06:33 PM
(((Shirl))) I'm so sorry. Praying for your cats and you.

4diego
08-01-2009, 06:35 PM
Praying for your fur-babies.

Shann
08-02-2009, 12:14 AM
:hug I'm so sorry Shirl

aneisu
08-02-2009, 12:25 AM
Please don't give your kitties asprin. Asprin is highly toxic to cats (ok in dogs, but very rarely for cats).

http://www.peteducation.com/article.cfm?c=0+1456&aid=1379

How high is their fever? The real danger zone is 105 - 106, that is where permanent damage can occur. You can use rubbing alcohol on their paw pads and on their arm pits. This will help bring their temp down. Fluids will also help the fever, if you are comfortable you can talk to your vet about doing sub-q fluids at home. You can also syringe water and/or pedialite (the clear one). If they aren't eating you need to get something in their tummies. All meat baby food is great, just make sure there is no garlic or onion powder in it. I will mix that with the water or pedialite and syringe that. Breyer's makes a lactose free vanilla ice cream - that might be worth a shot. Just make sure it is the lactose free, cats are lactose intolerant and you don't need the kitties having tummy issues too. I had a kitten the vet told me wasn't going to make it, she had a very bad URI and was only two months old. I gave her pedialite and baby food with a syringe and then ice cream for dessert. She's about two years old now and very healthy!

Good luck!

Alisa - volunteer with a cat rescue

myspirit
08-02-2009, 03:16 AM
Keeping them in my Blessings. ~hugs 4 U~

Aloha from paradise
08-02-2009, 03:54 PM
Please don't give your kitties asprin. Asprin is highly toxic to cats (ok in dogs, but very rarely for cats).

http://www.peteducation.com/article.cfm?c=0+1456&aid=1379

How high is their fever? The real danger zone is 105 - 106, that is where permanent damage can occur. You can use rubbing alcohol on their paw pads and on their arm pits. This will help bring their temp down. Fluids will also help the fever, if you are comfortable you can talk to your vet about doing sub-q fluids at home. You can also syringe water and/or pedialite (the clear one). If they aren't eating you need to get something in their tummies. All meat baby food is great, just make sure there is no garlic or onion powder in it. I will mix that with the water or pedialite and syringe that. Breyer's makes a lactose free vanilla ice cream - that might be worth a shot. Just make sure it is the lactose free, cats are lactose intolerant and you don't need the kitties having tummy issues too. I had a kitten the vet told me wasn't going to make it, she had a very bad URI and was only two months old. I gave her pedialite and baby food with a syringe and then ice cream for dessert. She's about two years old now and very healthy!

Good luck!

Alisa - volunteer with a cat rescue
Sent you a PM

Kelsey1224
08-02-2009, 04:27 PM
I'm am thinking about them and praying that they recover quickly.